Prevention of hemorrhoids in men
The choice of method for treating hemorrhoids in men is determined by the stage of the disease, the presence or absence of complications, the effectiveness of previous therapy and many other factors (including the patient’s opinion regarding treatment). In any form, in addition to medical (and in mild cases and instead of them) preventive measures are prescribed.
Fig. 1 - The choice of methods for treating hemorrhoids primarily depends on the stage of the disease.
The method of treatment (conservative, surgical or combined) should be chosen by a proctologist. It also determines the dosage and duration of therapy. Prolonged inaction, self-medication or the use of medications without expert advice leads to further progression of the disease, and in some cases to the development of serious complications.
Treatment of hemorrhoids in men
All methods of treating hemorrhoids can be divided into three large groups:
- Conservative - drugs for systemic (tablets) and local use (rectal suppositories and ointments) in combination with preventive measures.
- Minimally invasive techniques are a type of surgical treatment in which tissue dissection is not performed.
- Surgical - node removal (hemorrhoidectomy).
At the initial stages of hemorrhoids, the majority of patients are shown and it is effective to conduct conservative therapy with ongoing preventive treatment. Of the drugs used oral (for oral administration) flavonoids, laxatives and topical preparations.
Oral flavonoids contain diosmin and / or hesperidin. They strengthen the vascular wall, improve lymphatic outflow and microcirculation, have an anti-inflammatory effect, thereby reducing the risk of bleeding, reducing the severity of itching and pain and preventing exacerbations. These include:
- Phlebodia 600 (Diovenor-600).
Laxatives prescribed for the treatment of constipation in men, which is one of the main causes of hemorrhoids and aggravating its course. Laxatives and suppositories are used for oral administration (forlax, lactulose, etc.).
Local therapy - Its main goal is not to affect the hemorrhoid, but to reduce the severity of painful and disturbing symptoms (pain, itching, bleeding). They may include various components - painkillers, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial substances and their combinations.
Table 1 - Essential drugs for local therapy.
|Tradename||Active substance, release form||Therapeutic effect|
|Pilex Gem||A combination of plant substances (mimosa, white eclipt, leaf of a Chinese rod, calendula, camphor) - ointment||Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect, reduction of edema, bleeding, accelerated healing.|
|Troxevasin||Troxerutin Ointment||Reduces the permeability and fragility of capillaries, improves myocirculation. Reduces swelling, severity of pain.|
|Ultraproct||Fluocortolone, chinchocaine - ointment, suppositories.||Anesthetic, anti-inflammatory effect. The duration of treatment is up to 1 month.|
|Posterisan Forte||Hydrocortisone, E. coli culture - ointment and suppositories.||Anti-inflammatory effect, increased local immunity. They are used in a short course (up to 3 weeks), further treatment can be continued with Posterisan (contains an isolated culture of E. coli, without hydrocortisone).|
|Procto-glivenol||Tribenoside, lidocaine - candles.||Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, improved microcirculation.|
|Relief Advance||Benzocaine, shark liver oil - candles.||Anesthetic, healing effect.|
|Nefluan||Neomycin (antibiotic), fluocinolone, lidocaine - gel.||Antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. The course of treatment is within 2 weeks.|
|Aurobin||Prednisolone, dexpanthenol, lidocaine - ointment.||Anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, analgesic and healing effect. Assign a short course (up to a week).|
Minimally invasive techniques
Minimally invasive techniques are modern, highly effective methods of treating hemorrhoids, the main advantage of which is low invasiveness (compared with surgical treatment), and the main disadvantage is the relatively high cost.
- coagulation (cauterization) of the node using infrared rays,
- ligation (ligation of the leg of the knot and deprivation of its nutrition, which leads to subsequent necrosis and falling away) using latex rings and special ligatures,
- sclerosis - injection injection of solutions into the node, leading to obliteration (blockage) of blood vessels supplying the node, with its subsequent necrosis.
Reasons for the appearance
Any doctor will say that the prevention of the disease begins with the elimination of the causes that caused the process of inflammation.
The main causes of hemorrhoids in men:
- Often young guys recklessly relate to their bad habits. Meanwhile, tobacco and alcohol contain highly toxic chemicals. Once in the blood, these compounds cause a sharp flush to the pelvic area. Systematic repetition does not have the best effect on the state of hemorrhoidal veins.
- Many men prefer fast food, which is a source of excess calories, over healthy diets. High blood pressure, obesity and hemorrhoids are the result of malnutrition. Lack of fiber is the cause of poor digestion and constipation. These problems cause the development of hemorrhoids.
- Hard physical labor, which has always been the prerogative of the stronger sex, is a serious threat to health. Lifting weights, the body experiences stress, including in the anus. Systematic loads are fraught with the development of proctologic disease.
- Sedentary work also does not have the best effect on health. Many men spend days at the computer. Stagnation in the pelvic area most often occurs due to lack of motor activity.
It is worth noting that each factor alone rarely causes serious health problems. In most cases, the disease causes a combination of several causes.
In our age of high technology, many people spend time in offices at computer equipment, snacking on junk food. To relax somehow, men prefer not sports equipment, but a cigarette or a glass of alcohol. And in order to ensure fast movement in urban conditions, they use a personal car. With this lifestyle, one should not be surprised when a proctologist diagnoses hemorrhoidal pathology.
Effective Prevention Methods
Preventive actions should be aimed at stopping the development of pathology at an early stage. This is the most reliable way to stay healthy.
Prevention of hemorrhoids in men is simple. It is necessary to exclude the causes of the development of the disease.
Sometimes it’s enough for guys to abandon bad habits so that they never again face pain in the anus. But complex therapy will always have a better effect.
Surgical removal of hemorrhoidal nodes is indicated with the ineffectiveness of conservative therapy, inefficiency or inaccessibility of minimally invasive techniques (for material or other reasons), as well as with the repeated development of exacerbations and complications during treatment (bleeding, thrombosis of the nodes).
Surgical intervention is also recommended for severe cases and advanced forms of the disease (with large sizes of nodes, repeated prolapse, impossibility of full reduction).
Hemorrhoidectomy carried out in a planned manner, in a specialized proctology department (or in the department of general surgery). Hospitalization will be required for the duration of the operation and another 7-14 days after it - to monitor the patient and treat a postoperative wound. Before hospitalization, it will be necessary to undergo a standard examination (ECG, tests).
The lack of motor activity causes blood stasis in the pelvic organs and, as a result, the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes. Experts recommend taking small breaks every hour during sedentary work. Even a five-minute warm-up is enough to eliminate stagnation. If at the office it is inconvenient to do simple exercises, you can just walk around a bit.
Preventive measures to prevent the disease
If you adhere to preventive measures of hemorrhoids, then you can avoid the development of varicose veins in the rectum and anus. Plus, there is a chance to get rid of inflammation of the hemorrhoidal nodes, if it is at the initial stage. Preventive measures will have to be observed constantly, not only after recovery or at the stage of remission of the disease, but also in the case of a man’s predisposition to the disease.
General tips of proctologists for the prevention of hemorrhoids in men:
- adherence to a balanced diet, which should contain vitamins and fiber,
- do not drink alcohol, salty, spicy foods in excessive quantities,
- daily hygiene measures aimed at cleansing the genitals and anus,
- It is recommended not to supercool
- prevent constipation
- For the prevention of hemorrhoids, simple exercises are excellent for general warm-up, strengthening of the muscles of the abdomen, rectum,
- to reduce discomfort in the anus and inflammation, a proctologist prescribes a cream, ointment or suppository to prevent hemorrhoids,
- in some individual cases, doctors prescribe the use of medical devices and recommend a massage.
Operation progress and recovery features
The operation is performed in most cases under local anesthesia, in which the area around the nodes is injected with an anesthetic solution (lidocaine, novocaine). Less commonly used are epidural anesthesia (the introduction of anesthetic into the space between the spine and the hard shell of the spinal cord) and anesthesia - mainly at the request of the patient, with a low threshold for pain sensitivity.
During the operation, hemorrhoidal nodes are removed, ligatures are applied to the vessels that feed them, and dilated veins are excised. The area of the remote site is sutured (with a closed operation) or left to heal independently (with an open technique).
The recovery period after surgery is from 1 to 1.5 months. Its duration depends on the individual characteristics of the body, the "purity" of the operation, hygiene and recommendations after it, the presence or absence of complications. Normally, with a correctly performed hemorrhoidectomy in the postoperative period, the patient may be disturbed by pain (suppositories and ointments with anesthetic are used to stop them) and minor, spotting spotting.
To prevent complications and stimulate the healing processes of the postoperative wound, candles with methyluracil, baths with decoctions of herbs (calendula, chamomile), thorough hygiene of the perineum and anus are used.
Frequent constipation and diarrhea can result from malnutrition and cause hemorrhoids. A diet rich in plant foods and dairy products is able to completely eliminate these problems.
Doctors recommend eating 5-6 times a day in small portions. It is worth paying special attention to the amount of fluid consumed. Every day you need to drink 1.5 - 2 liters of water to soften the stool. For information - mineral water improves bowel function, enhancing its motor function. Spicy, salty, spicy dishes and alcohol are better to completely exclude from your daily diet. If the updated menu does not contribute to timely bowel movements, you should consult a proctologist.
There is a special dietary nutrition that is used as a preventative measure for hemorrhoids. As with any other diet, there are prohibited and permitted foods. Let's start with the "harmful" that weaken the tone of the vascular walls, disrupt blood circulation, which can cause the development of inflammation of hemorrhoids. A man will have to give up:
- fried, smoked food,
- spicy, spicy, salty foods,
- white bread
- whole milk products
- mayonnaise, ketchup and similar sauces,
- radish, radish,
- strong alcoholic drinks, beer.
With a preventive diet, it is allowed to eat:
- buckwheat, oatmeal,
- fruits vegetables,
- baked or boiled meat and fish,
- Home wine,
- dairy products,
- rye bread, flour with bran,
- a large amount of liquid without gas: water, juice, tea, compote.
To draw up a diet aimed at preventing hemorrhoids in men, it is advisable to purchase exclusively healthy, fresh food. The meal plan should be designed so that breakfast, lunch and dinner take place at the same time. A regular nutritional schedule helps establish stool, which is one of the most important points in the prevention of inflammatory disease of hemorrhoids.
Intimate hygiene is a serious preventive measure for hemorrhoids. If possible, it is better to refuse toilet paper, preferring to wash the anal area after each emptying. To do this, use water at room temperature. Sedentary baths also contribute to better blood circulation and keeping the anus clean.
The most common complications after hemorrhoidectomy are:
- Severe pain syndrome, due to which subsequently the patient has problems with bowel movement (fear of bowel movements and, as a result, constipation). Requires the use of analgesics locally and systemically.
- Urinary retention, the risk of which increases if epidural anesthesia is used for pain relief. Urinary retention is noted during the first days after surgery, catheterization is performed to empty the bladder.
- Disruption of the anal sphincter, which occurs against the background of damage to nerve and muscle fibers during the operation. May lead to fecal incontinence or prolapse of the rectum. It is eliminated surgically.
- Bleeding - can be early and late. They stop with medication (tampons with adrenaline, dicenon intramuscularly) or by suturing the vessel.
- Stricture (narrowing) of the anus due to improperly stitched sutures or the formation of rough scars at the site of the postoperative wound. Plastic may be required for expansion.
- Infection of a postoperative wound, accompanied by increased pain, fever, suppuration and redness. For treatment, antibiotics are used (inside, intramuscularly), anti-inflammatory suppositories and ointments, sometimes opening the focus and draining it (temporary installation of tubes or rubber strips for washing).
A set of exercises for the treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids
Another effective prophylactic against hemorrhoids for men is a complex of special exercises. Exercise must be done daily, repeating each exercise 10 times. Thanks to this exercise, the muscles of the peritoneum, legs, buttocks are trained.So, the first complex of physical prevention against inflammation of hemorrhoids:
- We must get on all fours, focusing on the elbows. We do squats back, touching the buttocks first with the left heel, and then with the right. Such physical activity helps to restore the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal system. One of the best exercises for the prevention of hemorrhoids.
- Standing on the floor, cross our legs. It is necessary to tighten the muscles of the anus for a few seconds, then relax. Do ten sets. With the help of this simple exercise, a normal outflow of blood from the veins of the anus, hemorrhoids is carried out.
- Another good exercise to prevent hemorrhoids. We lay face down on the floor. Bend the lower extremities at the knees, pull them to the stomach and press them, clasping hands. Hold the position for 4-5 seconds. We lower our legs, we place our arms along the body. Gymnastics is used to control the formation of gas during bloating.
- Again, take the starting position identical to the first exercise. Take the right leg back, return to the starting position. We do the same with the left foot. When the lower limb moves back, it is necessary to bend the lower back as much as possible towards the floor. This type of exercise allows you to drive away blood from the pelvic area.
- We lie down on our back, make crosswise swings with our feet (“scissors”). Such physical activity is considered very effective for the prevention of hemorrhoids.
The second complex of therapeutic preventive gymnastics against hemorrhoids is called Kegel exercises (each 10 times):
- Strain the muscles of the peritoneum, as if urinating. Keep tone for 6-7 seconds.
- At a fast pace, we strain / relax the lower abdominal muscles for 5 seconds.
- We again strain the abdominal muscles in the lower body, gradually increasing the tension, directing it upward. When you reach the highest point, gently relax the muscles in the reverse order.
- Practice jet retention while urinating.
To avoid excessive load on the vessels and their destruction, it is necessary to know the following prohibitions for hemorrhoids:
- refuse strong alcohol and exhausting physical activity,
- you can’t sit or lie for a long time,
- exclude from the diet spicy, salty, flour,
- You can not go to the sauna or bath during the period of exacerbation.
Hemorrhoids are easier to prevent than to treat. Therefore, if discomfort occurs in the anus and the first signs of the disease, you should immediately contact a proctologist. Prevention of hemorrhoids in men at an early stage of the development of pathology is the key to successful disposal of the disease.
CONTRAINDICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR NEEDED
Video: hemorrhoids prevention with sedentary work
Many males are often forced to work in a sitting position. Inactive work is one of the first causes of inflammation of the hemorrhoids, so you need to take care of your health in advance. From the video you will learn how to avoid illness during sedentary work, what preventive measures must be followed so that hemorrhoids do not appear.
Hemorrhoidectomy has a number of contraindications:
- severe chronic diseases (cardiovascular failure, diabetes mellitus in the stage of decompensation, bleeding disorders, etc.),
- inflammatory diseases of the rectum, anus and perineum,
- portal hypertension, expansion of hemorrhoidal veins.
Surgical treatment is not a method to get rid of hemorrhoids forever. Over the first five years, more than half of patients complain of a relapse of the disease, for which they have to start conservative therapy again or resort to surgery. To prevent re-formation of nodes, it is necessary to prevent hemorrhoids.
Preventive measures for hemorrhoids are necessary both to prevent its development, and to stop the progression of the disease: their implementation in the early stages allows you to do only conservative treatment to get rid of hemorrhoids, without resorting to minimally invasive or surgical intervention.
For the prevention of hemorrhoids, exercises that activate blood circulation in the pelvic organs are shown:
- “Bicycle” (see Fig. 2).
- Horizontal and vertical “scissors” from a supine position.
- “Walking on the buttocks” - moving on the floor while sitting on the buttocks.
- The alternation of tension and relaxation of the muscles of the buttocks and perineum in the supine and standing position (see. "Training pubic-coccygeal muscles").
- Walking with a high (up to a right angle with the torso) thigh elevation.
Fig. 2 - One of the effective exercises for normalizing blood circulation in the pelvic organs is the exercise "Bicycle".
Preventive measures for hemorrhoids also include thorough hygiene of the perineum, which helps to avoid infection of the nodes. In acute hemorrhoids, a cool shower should be taken at least 3 times a day, be sure to treat the perineum after defecation (if it is not possible, wet wipes can be used instead of water procedures).
To prevent exacerbations of hemorrhoids, medications can also be prescribed - long-term (up to six months) courses of oral flavonoids, rectal suppositories and ointments with a low concentration of active substances.
Elimination of the causes of the disease
The best solution to any problem is to eliminate its source. Therefore, To prevent the appearance of hemorrhoids, first of all, it is necessary to exclude from your life all the available causes that can cause varicose veins of the anus.
Bad habits, such as alcohol abuse and smoking, have a negative effect on the whole body. They affect the state of the blood and thereby disrupt its current.
Another common cause that many patients ignore is constipation. Disturbed activity of the digestive system can be due to malnutrition. If the patient prefers fried, fatty, smoked and other foods heavy for the body, then one should not be surprised at such a response from the body.
Excessive exercise or lifting heavy objects can provoke the appearance of hemorrhoidal nodes. At the time of lifting a lot of weight, the body experiences enormous stress, which affects all internal organs. Even a one-time excessive physical exertion can trigger the appearance of hemorrhoids. For this reason, in order to prevent the occurrence of health problems, you must learn not to overwork the body.
Human physical activity is dual. Both excess and lack of load is a provocateur of the problem. If the type of activity is associated with a prolonged stay in the same sitting position, for example, a driver or an office worker, then the vessels of the pelvic organs do not receive enough blood. The disturbed blood flow process can at any time cause hemorrhoids.
In women, hemorrhoids can occur during the bearing of a child or as a result of heavy childbirth (strong attempts).
The above factors for the appearance of hemorrhoids are considered the most common.
If hemorrhoids has been at least once in a lifetime, then its reappearance should be expected even if no preventive measures are taken.
Prevention of hemorrhoids in men at home is not much different from female methods of preventing this disease.
Prevention of the development of the disease begins with a diet. The following foods are removed from the diet:
- White bread,
- mayonnaise and ketchup,
- fried food,
- alcoholic drinks.
Ideally, proper nutrition should not be disturbed. Of course, not everyone can stay on a strict diet all the time. Therefore, in order to prevent the appearance of hemorrhoids, you should sit on a strict therapeutic diet several times a year, and the rest of the time try not to overdo it with various goodies.
A preventive diet may consist of the following products:
- oat or buckwheat porridge,
- vegetables and fruits,
- meat and fish (consumed in boiled or baked form),
- dairy products,
- Rye bread,
- mineral water (without gases),
- natural juices.
Despite the fact that alcohol is considered a contraindication, its small amount will help strengthen the walls of blood vessels. It is recommended to consume homemade wine, not more than 50 g per day.
Of no small importance is the meal schedule itself. It is important that breakfast, lunch and dinner take place at the same time.
Gymnastics and hemorrhoids
Exercises to prevent hemorrhoids will help tone the muscles. In order for the results of the training to live up to your expectations, it is necessary to take the responsibility to complete the exercises. It should be borne in mind that during a period of exacerbation, training should be suspended. Exercise for hemorrhoids can adversely affect the patient's condition. Hemorrhoidal nodes can fall out and become very inflamed.
Prevention of hemorrhoids in men at home is not much different from that recommended for the fair sex. Such a set of exercises is recommended for patients in order to prevent the expansion of the varicose vein of the anus:
- Focusing on the elbows, you need to get on all fours. Next, you need to start doing back squats. Each time it is necessary to alternately touch the buttocks with the heels (right, left). This movement normalizes the gastrointestinal tract.
- Accepted upright position. You should stand on a solid surface, while crossing your legs. Exercise against hemorrhoids is a strong tension in the muscles of the anus, followed by relaxation. Such a load helps to improve the outflow of blood from the veins of the anus.
- You will need to lie on the floor and pull your legs to your chest, bending them at the knees. Hands grasp the knees and hold them for 5-6 seconds, and then lower their legs and place their upper limbs along the body. Such exercises from hemorrhoids help to cope with excessive gas formation, thereby preventing bloating.
- You need to get on all fours and alternately take the lower limbs back. At the moment when the leg is in a lunge, you should try to bend your back as much as possible. Such exercises against hemorrhoids are good because it allows you to "disperse" the blood in the pelvic region.
In the prevention of hemorrhoids, such an exercise as usual from the school bench, as “scissors”, has proven itself well. It is performed in conjunction with other physical activities.
Kegel exercises for hemorrhoids are suitable for both men and women. Giving birth to patients heard about this technique, which helps to get in shape and recover after a long pregnancy.
Almost all Kegel exercises for hemorrhoids can be performed anywhere, which makes it possible not to be distracted from the usual affairs.
It is necessary to tighten the muscles of the peritoneum, as this is done during urination. In this state, they stand for 6-7 seconds and relax. Next, you need to relax and strain the lower abdominal muscles alternately and at a fast pace. When the exercise is finished, you can take a break in a few minutes and proceed to the next. It consists in the gradual tension of the abdominal muscles. When the limit is reached, slowly begin to relax.
In the process of emptying the bladder, it is recommended to try to interrupt the stream of urine. Thus, the tone of the pelvic muscle will also increase.
At the initial stage, it is worth being prepared for the fact that all exercises will be difficult. Gradually, the muscles begin to develop and exercise will become much easier. The more often Kegel exercises are performed, the better the result.
OUR READERS RECOMMEND!
For effective treatment of hemorrhoids, our readers advise Rectin.
This natural remedy that quickly eliminates pain and itching helps to heal anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
The composition of the drug includes only natural ingredients with maximum efficiency. The tool has no contraindications, the effectiveness and safety of the drug has been proven by clinical studies at the Research Institute of Proctology.
To learn more. "
Briefly about the main thing
Despite the fact that people of any gender, social status and age are susceptible to proctological pathologies, hemorrhoids in men are much more common. Such statistics are due to the following factors:
- hard physical labor
- sedentary lifestyle
- bad heredity
- inflammatory and tumor processes developing in the digestive tract.
Most often, an unpleasant ailment manifests itself after 30-40 years. First, patients begin to experience discomfort with a prolonged stay in a sitting position, complain of pain and minor bleeding after an act of defecation. These symptoms are often supplemented by the sensation of a foreign body in the rectum, itching and burning, prolonged constipation or intestinal upset.
Most often, hemorrhoids develop in drivers, as well as men engaged in heavy physical labor.
At the first "calls", doctors recommend that you do not hesitate to contact a proctologist or therapist. However, for men, the first step is much more difficult.
With the progression of the disease, nodes begin to form in patients, which during weight lifting can fall out of the rectal cavity.
Puffiness of hemorrhoid cones and their bleeding is supplemented not only by severe pains, but also “pleases” patients with signs of inflammation.
Representatives of the stronger sex often go to doctors in extreme cases, for example, when a hemorrhoid node has been torn, the temperature has risen sharply, and health has worsened, or the fallen bumps have ceased to set back into the cavity. At such moments, patients require immediate qualified help of specialists - treatment with strong medications or surgical intervention.
Treat, can not be put off
Despite the widespread agitation of proctologists, most men and women are not aware of what the proper treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids implies. Men have a strong opinion on this subject - “if I can work, and the problem doesn’t really bother, then just do not run to the doctors.” But in vain! Indeed, in the initial stages of hemorrhoids and its prerequisites are easier to prevent.
Doctors advise starting with the simplest thing - reviewing the diet.
Most men prefer fatty, fried foods, fast food, baked goods. All of these products can cause long-term constipation. No wonder about men you can hear a lot of jokes, by the way, containing a grain of truth, about long gatherings in the restroom.
Feces during prolonged stay in the intestines exert pressure on the venous network of the pelvis.
In addition, constipation can provoke stagnation in blood vessels, which ultimately leads to the formation of hemorrhoids and the occurrence of inflammatory processes.
During the bowel movement, severe attempts occur, which cause patients pain, bleeding and prolapse.
Try to eliminate harmful foods from your diet. Give preference to healthy foods of plant origin.
By the way, if you often have constipation, doctors advise not only to adjust the diet, but also to use simple medications.
For example, laxatives or special herbal teas will help soften feces. With a tendency to the appearance of anal fissures before emptying the intestines, doctors recommend lubricating the area of the anus with sterile petroleum jelly.
The substance will soften the skin, reduce irritation, and facilitate the release of feces from the intestines.
By the way, periodically occurring diarrhea can also trigger the development of hemorrhoids and its complications. Constant irritation of the mucosa causes excruciating pain in patients, enhances the sensation of itching and burning. That is why you need to be careful about your diet.
It is possible to alleviate the patient’s condition with the help of medicines, folk remedies. As a prevention, doctors recommend using venotonic agents in the form of tablets or ointments.
Usually they have a small number of contraindications, prevent the occurrence of congestion in the blood vessels of the pelvis. Folk remedies will help get rid of the pains that often accompany hemorrhoids.
Cold compresses, baths with infusions of medicinal herbs, natural candles, for example, from potatoes or honey, have proven themselves well.
Means from a natural medicine cabinet can only be considered as an addition to the main treatment.
Prevention of weakening of the muscles of the anus and stagnation of blood in the veins of the small pelvis is also possible with the help of prophylactic agents. If your work involves a long stay in a sitting position, try to choose the most comfortable pillow or circle.
Such products help to transfer the main body pressure to the hips, reducing the load on the perianal region. Pillows from hemorrhoids are recommended for use not only by patients who have already been given an unpleasant diagnosis, but also to people at risk.
It is better to select such products in specialized stores in your city, as there is a high probability of making a mistake with the dimensions of the product.
Physical activity against excruciating disease
Special exercises from hemorrhoids will also help prevent a painful ailment. Some of them can be performed directly at the workplace (Kegel gymnastics), and for honing others, it will take no more than 10-15 minutes in the morning and before bedtime. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the following list:
- Bike. Take a supine position, bend your legs at an angle of 90 degrees and lift them so that the hips are perpendicular to the floor. Simulate pedaling on a bicycle for a minute, then take a short break, repeat the exercise.
- Raising legs. Lie on your side, raise your straight leg 30–40 times. Do the same with the other foot.
- Scissors. Take a lying position on your back, raise your legs at an angle of 45 degrees, simulate the movement of scissors for 20-30 seconds, rest. The exercise “vertical scissors” is done on the same principle.
- Walking. Walk for a few minutes on a place with high hips. To increase the load on the muscles of the pelvis of the leg, you can put it crosswise. These exercises with hemorrhoids will improve blood flow in the pelvis, and prevent stagnation in the veins.
- Raising the pelvis. This exercise is an excellent exercise for the pelvic muscles, warm up the lower back. Lie down on the gymnastic mat, bend your legs at the knees, stretch your arms along the torso. On inspiration, you need to squeeze the buttocks and raise the pelvis as much as possible, and on the exhale, take the starting position. Repeat the exercise for one and a half minutes.
In addition to such gymnastics, daily walks in the fresh air are recommended.
The only thing doctors advise against is weightlifting. Power loads can trigger the rapid development of the disease.
Elimination of predisposing factors
Excessive tension with constipation has approximately the same effect as excessive physical exertion. Chronic constipation contributes to the onset and inflammation of hemorrhoids.
The pathological process can also develop against the background of frequent diarrhea, in which there is irritation of the sphincter and rectum.
Normalizing bowel movements is one of the main methods for the prevention of hemorrhoids.
People with a predisposition to hemorrhoids should pay special attention to hygiene. After bowel movement, it is recommended to use multilayer soft toilet paper. The use of toilet paper can be replaced by washing the anal area with cool water and soap after each bowel movement.
Outside the house, for example, during a trip, you can use baby wet wipes (they do not contain potentially irritating substances). It is recommended to take a shower daily, and from time to time a bath, which has a general strengthening effect on the body, improves blood circulation and prevents its stagnation.
Baths with sea salt are especially useful.
When sitting, you should equip the workplace with an ergonomic chair, or use special orthopedic pillows to prevent the development of hemorrhoids. Drivers are not recommended to drive for more than three hours without a break.
You should abandon the habit of long sitting on the toilet (no more than 3-5 minutes), if any.
It is necessary to abandon bad habits. Smoking and alcohol abuse negatively affects the state of blood vessels, reduces their elasticity, which may result in hemorrhoids. It is recommended to avoid overcooling the body, if necessary, adjust the excess weight.
The simplest and most effective exercise is the rhythmic compression and relaxation of the anal sphincter, which can also be performed in any setting.
Long-term use of certain drugs that affect the blood vessels can also cause hemorrhoids, therefore, the rational use of drugs is necessary.
With a tendency to hemorrhoids, for preventive purposes, you can conduct sedentary baths with decoctions of herbs (calendula, chamomile, sage), honey. Also for this purpose, ointments based on peach seed oil, propolis, etc. can be used. These folk remedies can be used to prevent hemorrhoids and to treat it at home in the early stages of development.
At the first suspicious signs indicating possible hemorrhoids, you must consult a doctor
In case of suspicious symptoms (itching, discomfort or pain in the anus, traces of red blood on the linen or in the stool, etc.), you should immediately consult a doctor.
As a rule, with the timely detection of hemorrhoids and adequate therapy, the prognosis is favorable.
In the absence of treatment or with improper treatment, the pathological process will deepen, and triggered hemorrhoids are much more difficult to cure, in most cases it requires surgical intervention in the ear.
Hemorrhoids Prevention Exercises
A sedentary lifestyle significantly increases the risk of developing hemorrhoids. Particularly at risk are persons whose work is associated with prolonged sitting or staying on their feet. When sedentary work, it is recommended to take regular breaks with an interval of half an hour, during which a short charge should be done. It is advisable to walk as much as possible, visit the gym, pool.
A set of exercises for the prevention of hemorrhoids takes no more than 15 minutes a day
It is not recommended to engage in sports associated with excessive loads (athletes who do weightlifting and power sports have an increased risk of developing hemorrhoids). Patients at risk are not recommended for equestrian sports and cycling.
For a gymnastics complex aimed at preventing hemorrhoids, 10-15 minutes are enough, however, it should be performed daily. Physical therapy exercises train the anal sphincter, buttocks and muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, stimulate peristalsis, and improve local blood circulation.
Equally important for the prevention of hemorrhoids is the use of a sufficient amount of fluid. So, it is recommended to drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day.
The simplest and most effective exercise is the rhythmic compression and relaxation of the anal sphincter, which can also be performed in any setting.
- do exercises with the legs “scissors” and “bicycle”,
- alternately raise straightened legs while lying on your back,
- lying on your back, raise your legs bent at the knees and press them to your stomach
- lying on your back with legs bent at the knees, raise and lower the pelvis, resting on the feet and shoulders.
Each exercise should be repeated 10-15 times, if it is immediately difficult to do, you need to start with a feasible load, gradually increasing it. Excessive overvoltage is unacceptable. For gymnastics it is better to choose a hard surface.
What physical exercises cannot be done with hemorrhoids?
With the disease, significant physical activity is contraindicated. It should be limited to moderate walks. Each of the following exercises for the treatment of hemorrhoids should be performed twice a day for 10 approaches.
You should not ignore physical exercises for hemorrhoids, because they, together with other methods, form a full-fledged medical complex.
The complex of therapeutic exercises
Perform each exercise twice a day, 10 approaches:
- Stand cross-legged. Gradually strain and relax the muscles of the buttocks and anus. Allows you to improve the outflow of blood from hemorrhoids, preventing their inflammation.
- Stand on all fours, lean on or lean on the palm of your hand. Squat on your heels, trying to lower your buttocks to the ground as much as possible. Regulates the work of the intestines.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees in your knees and press them to the body. Wrap your arms around your knees. After 2-3 seconds, straighten your legs, lower your arms along the torso. This improves the outflow of blood, fights flatulence.
- Lie on your back, raise and lower your straight legs, together or alternately right and left. Strengthens the muscles of the hips and abs.
- Lie on your back, slightly raise your legs. Dilute from side to side and cross with “scissors”. Strengthens the muscles of the press and hips, stimulates blood circulation.
- Lie on your back, bend your legs and spread them to the width of your shoulders, lean on your feet. Raise the pelvis from the floor, hold it for several seconds and gradually lower it. This stimulates the circulation of the pelvis.
- Lie down on your back and simulate cycling or running. Due to this, blood circulation in the pelvic organs is significantly improved.
We advise you to watch the video lesson of gymnastics against hemorrhoids and constipation on this page. Suitable for people of any gender and all ages, including for pregnant.
Hemorrhoids can not be found in animals, although modern veterinary medicine sometimes records cases of expansion of hemorrhoidal veins in dogs and cats. However, this phenomenon is rare and has a completely different etymology.
In humans, due to movement on two limbs, the load is not distributed as well as in tetrapods, and the center of gravity of the body is shifted to the pelvic region.
Because of this, with insufficient motor activity, blood can stagnate in this area and legs, increasing the load on the vessels.
On the other hand, due to unbalanced nutrition, the vessels lose their elasticity. As a result, complaints of varicose veins in women and hemorrhoids in men are everywhere and heard.
For these reasons, the latter is called an occupational disease in people with sedentary and standing work when the body has been in the same position for a long time: programmers, office clerks, truckers and taxi drivers.
It also provokes hemorrhoids when lifting weights, in particular, weightlifting. Contribute to the development of the disease and constipation, often generated by a careless attitude to nutrition.
Based on the reasons, the main methods of prevention are also deduced: healthy nutrition and physical activity. Preventive measures are necessary both for healthy men or who only felt the first signs of the disease, and cured him, in order to avoid relapse.
Basic rules for everyday life
Ideally, the prevention of hemorrhoids in men implies certain changes in working conditions. Attention should be paid to the workplace: the chair should be stiff enough.
Chubby boss chairs, in which the body is almost buried, unfortunately, will not lead to anything good.
If professional activity is related to driving, you should use a car seat cover, which gives it additional rigidity, for example, a traditional massager made of wooden balls.
For activities involving a long stay in a sitting position, it is necessary to interrupt every 2 hours for walking or light warm-up. If the office does not have a suitable place, you can simply walk up the stairs from the lower floor to the upper and back. This is a great exercise for the gluteal muscles.
Separately, attention must be paid to hygiene of the anal area. It is good when it is possible to take a shower after each act of defecation, but if it is difficult, then you should try to use soft toilet paper, which eliminates irritation and scratches of the anus.
As you know, men prefer showers more, but baths that activate blood circulation in the pelvic area are more useful for the prevention of hemorrhoids.
And, on the issue of nutrition, the main cause of hemorrhoids - constipation - should not be allowed. If you have problems with bowel movements, you should not push hard at all costs, but rather take a mild laxative or include foods with a similar effect in food: prunes, figs, beets, oatmeal.
As can be seen from the above methods, the prevention of hemorrhoids in men is not so complicated. It is important to take it with the utmost seriousness, because the treatment of this disease is many times more complicated and unpleasant than minor lifestyle adjustments.
What is hemorrhoids and how does it look
Hemorrhoids - varicose hemorrhoidal veins. Pathology develops either in the rectum, namely in its submucosal layer, or outside, in the perianal region.
In the initial stages, patients may not even think about how hemorrhoids look in men, since the disease manifests itself with mild discomfort and pain during bowel movements.
However, as the disease progresses, the dilated veins increase and begin to cause significant inconvenience.
So, the symptoms of hemorrhoids at stages 2 and 3 are:
- anal bleeding
- sharp pains when sitting and using the toilet,
- puffiness in the perianal region,
- itching and burning
- mucus secretion.
Over time, the nodes no longer adjust, and the pain accompanies the patient even in a state of complete rest.
All these phenomena cannot but affect the life of a man, because any tension (weight lifting, intimate contact, constipation) can lead to exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
Why hemorrhoids occur - the main causes of the disease in men
Men get hemorrhoids for several reasons, most of which can be avoided or significantly reduced their negative impact on the body. Firstly, representatives of the stronger sex tend to lead a not entirely healthy lifestyle, eating mainly spicy or highly seasoned meat dishes.
Such products provoke constipation, and also do not provide the body with elements that affect the state of blood vessels.Together, this leads to a weakening of the vascular walls and valves in them.
It is unhealthy diet that is the main cause of the disease, since hemorrhoids in men are manifested most often due to constipation.
Secondly, the professional activities of half of adult men are associated with excessive workload - weightlifting, carrying heavy loads. In this case, an increase in intra-abdominal pressure occurs. This phenomenon causes stretching of blood vessels, including hemorrhoidal plexuses. If such loads become systematic, hemorrhoids occur.
Thirdly, venous congestion in the pelvic organs often occurs in men. Unlike women, they are longer in a sitting or static position. This is also the result of professional activities - driving a car, sitting at a computer.
Avoiding the above factors is almost impossible. However, knowing what causes hemorrhoids in men, you can try to reduce their negative impact on health. This can be done with the help of prevention - lifestyle changes in several areas mentioned.
Nutrition as a prevention of hemorrhoids in men
It is possible to normalize the state of the intestine and, accordingly, the blood vessels in it through a balanced diet. Despite the fact that this word is mostly perceived by men as a rejection of delicious food, the menu can be as varied as possible.
It is recommended to include in the menu:
- cereal dishes - milk porridge and side dishes,
- vegetables - fresh, boiled, steam, baked and grilled,
- fruits - fresh, in the form of juices and mashed potatoes, compotes,
- whole grain or bran bread,
- boiled, stewed, baked or grilled meat,
- steam fish, boiled and baked,
- dairy products,
- natural drinks - juices, wines, teas.
The use of these products will help to avoid constipation, and will also help strengthen the vascular walls and improve intestinal motility. It is also important to maintain water balance, which is an important component of the functioning of the colon - about 2 liters of fluid per day - this is the average amount of fluid needed for a person.
In addition to changing the menu, it is worth considering changes in the diet. Regular food intake will contribute to a more complete assimilation of nutrients, as well as protect against intestinal problems.
It is necessary to exclude refined foods from the diet, which include white bread and sweet pastries. A variety of spices, smoked meats, fatty sauces and marinades are also needed to minimize. To be limited are vegetables with a spicy taste - radish and radish, as well as strong alcohol and alcoholic drinks with gas - beer and cocktails.
The role of hygiene in the prevention of hemorrhoids in men
Hygiene is an excellent prevention of hemorrhoids in men, because the cleanliness and health of the skin in the perianal region helps to avoid many problems, including infection of tissues. To prevent such phenomena, which under special conditions can provoke hemorrhoids, it is recommended:
- thoroughly clean the perineum after defecation with water or wet wipes,
- choose high-quality toilet paper - without flavors, dyes and foreign particles, as well as soft,
- periodically (at least twice a week) take sitz baths with sea salt.
Medications for the prevention of hemorrhoids
Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical industry has not yet released a miraculous pill that could permanently save men from the danger of getting hemorrhoids.
However, there are drugs that can reduce the risk of pathological changes in the veins. First of all, these are venotonics, microcirculation restoration agents and laxatives.
Venous expansion with the formation of blood clots (cones, nodes) at the end of the rectum is called hemorrhoids. The causes of the disease in men are:
- heredity (congenital insufficiency, predisposition),
- emptying delays (constipation and other intestinal diseases),
The consequences of lifting weights (weights and barbells), training on simulators:
- blood flow to the inguinal region increases the chance of hemorrhoid cones,
- manifestations of the disease intensify (internal cones fall out and become external during classes).
- Treatment includes a complete rejection of such loads.
The following is a list of the main signs of hemorrhoids:
- The appearance of discomfort, itching, burning after bowel movements. Traces of blood on stool and or paper.
- Strengthening of itching and burning, a feeling of foreign in the rectum. Independent exit and reverse retraction of hemorrhoids. Irritability and nervousness appear.
- Cones become inflamed and increase, falling out, do not return on their own. The pain does not go away. Walking, sitting, lying is difficult. There is a risk of opening bleeding, infringement of nodes, blood poisoning, thrombosis.
- The pain is unbearable. Internal and external nodes. Loss of internal nodes even at the slightest exertion (cough).
It is important if you suspect a disease immediately contact a proctologist. Self-medication is extremely undesirable. Manifestations of hemorrhoids are easily mistaken for signs of a rectal polyp, enterobiosis, rectal lesions, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis.
Next, we will consider the basic principles of treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids in men.
Prevention and treatment of hemorrhoids
Preventive measures include:
- if you have to constantly sit, then every 2-3 hours you must get up for 8-15 minutes. Do warm-up, exercise to strengthen the buttocks. Only sit in a hard chair
- regular physical activity (running, walking), reduce the likelihood of stagnation of blood,
- make adjustments to nutrition. Foods that contribute to constipation and slow digestion should be excluded. Eat often, but in small portions. Sour-milk products, vegetables, fruits are obligatory. Drink up to two liters of clean water daily. Limit or stop the use of fats, spicy, sour and alcoholic beverages in food,
- when bowel movements do not push.
- replace toilet paper with washing (washing with water at room temperature reduces blood flow to the veins of the rectum, reduces its stagnation, eliminates symptoms),
- if it’s not possible to wash, use wet wipes (neutral impregnation),
- with exacerbation for washing, use a decoction of medicinal herbs,
- use a soft towel after washing.
At the 1st stage, hemorrhoids are treated conservatively:
- blood vessel strengthening,
- wound healing and regeneration - rectal suppositories, tablets, ointments and gels. Only a doctor prescribes
- warm baths. Water temperature is equal to body temperature or slightly higher.
Treatment at the 2nd stage:
- painkillers, anti-inflammatory and homeostatic drugs,
- special medical liner with antibacterial coating, attached to underwear,
- infrared photocoagulation method - blocking blood flow access to hemorrhoidal formations,
- special injections, sclerotherapy or latex ligation.
At the 3rd and 4th stages, the following procedures are carried out:
- cryodestruction. The cone (node) is exposed to liquid nitrogen and provokes its death.
- moxibustion, or coagulation,
- latex ligation. A ring is installed at the base of the cone. The flow of blood stops and the node dies, sclerotherapy. A sclerosing composition is introduced into the site. The walls of the vessels supplying the node stick together,
- dysarterization - ligation of blood vessels under the control of ultrasound, interrupting the development of tumors.
The most effective folk remedies are:
- baths from medicinal plants (dandelion, onion husk, garlic, chamomile), potassium permanganate solution,
- compresses from propolis, tar, aspen leaves, gruel of rowan berries, grated carrots, decoctions and infusions of St. John's wort, mountaineer, nettle,
- candles from honey-dipped raw potatoes or cucumbers,
- ice candles made from decoctions of medicinal plants,
- ointments based on natural products, microclysters from decoctions of medicinal herbs.
Therapeutic gymnastics normalizes blood flow at the anus, strengthens the muscles of the press, buttocks, and perineum. Into her The following exercises should be included:
- walking in place with knees high
Charge for the prevention of hemorrhoids:
Possible consequences of untreated hemorrhoids:
- rectal fissures,
- nonspecific colitis
- hemorrhoidal anemia,
- malignant tumors
- gas gangrene
- Detailed description of the various stages: first, second, third, fourth,
- Features of the internal course of the disease and external manifestations,
- The list of medicines, suppositories and ointments that are used in the treatment of this disease can be found here.
There are also materials that may be of interest to you:
You can find out about harmful and useful products for the male organ here.
Now you know the most important information about hemorrhoids, treatment, prevention and the first signs of this disease.
Without changing the personal attitude to his life, therapeutic measures only facilitate the patient’s fate, and the exacerbation of the disease is periodically repeated.
How to treat hemorrhoids at home? Treatment and prevention of the disease at home is often based on the use of traditional drug suppositories and ointments. However, you should remember about your lifestyle. Treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids disease at home consists of simple, but so effective rules:
- How to cure hemorrhoids at home quickly? Treatment and prevention of the disease at home should be based on observing the correct stool and urgent treatment of constipation. You need to try to accustom your body to empty at least once a day, while a maximum of three minutes should be enough for the bowel movement.
- Treatment of hemorrhoids at home involves dieting. You need to eat right and do it on schedule. Also, the treatment and prevention of the disease at home involves an adequate intake of fluids per day - up to 2 liters. Give preference to brown bread, but remove white bread altogether from the diet. Eat a few berries of prunes daily, drink a glass of kefir at night. If necessary, take a laxative.
- Hygiene. After washing, apply petroleum jelly to the rectal area. This must be done with a cotton swab. To treat the internal nodes of hemorrhoids, petroleum jelly is injected into the rectum.
In old folk recipes, it is recommended to take a cool shower, drink a glass of cold water before breakfast, lunch and dinner, wash with cool water after going to the toilet.
- The most useful prophylactic procedure for hemorrhoids at home is a sedentary bath with an infusion of medicinal herbs (chamomile, calendula, oak bark, nettle). You can also make lotions directly on the nodes. To do this, roll the bandage in several layers, soak it in a tincture of herbs and put it on the rectal area for half an hour, then repeat the procedure.
- Traditional medicine played a large role in the fight against hemorrhoids at home. But folk remedies for hemorrhoids at home should be used carefully, preferably after consulting a doctor.
The basic rules for the prevention of hemorrhoids
The prevention of hemorrhoidal disease is based on the exclusion of factors that provoke the disease.
- stool problems
- bad habits,
- low physical activity
- prolonged sitting or standing
- mechanical effect on the rectal region,
- pregnancy and childbirth
- excessive physical activity.
To prevent hemorrhoids, many need to make changes to their usual lifestyle and accustom themselves to new rules. They are as follows:
- Eat right. The basis of your diet should be foods containing plant fiber, especially a variety of fruits and vegetables. Other healthy foods should also be on the menu. Try to follow a diet that will not cause constipation or diarrhea. This means that you should consume less flour, fatty, whole milk. Eat or drink a portion of fermented milk products daily - yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk, and consume mineral water. Use caution with salted, fried, and spicy foods, as they are very annoying to the perianal region. Eat fully and regularly.
- Do not abuse alcohol. Alcoholic beverages increase blood flow to the anal area, for this reason hemorrhoidal veins swell. In addition, frequent drinking causes constipation, which is one of the main causes of hemorrhoids.
- Increase motor activity. To avoid hemorrhoids or to cure them faster at an early stage, you need to try to move more, it is advisable to do this at any opportunity. You can, for example, refuse to ride on public transport and go to work on foot. Exercise daily, it is very useful to do swimming, yoga, shaping, etc. It will not be superfluous to do exercises that contribute to the normalization of blood circulation in the pelvic area, the well-known "Birch", the exercise "Scissors", "Cat", "Bicycle", raising the pelvis, lying on his back, etc. belong to all of them.
- Spend less time in a sitting position. A long stay in a sitting position leads to a violation of blood circulation, as well as stagnation of venous blood. Those who have to sit for a long time due to the nature of work (drivers, office workers, etc.) need to try to take small breaks as often as possible (ideally every hour) during which to get up and walk. It is very useful for such people to go in for some kind of sport or just walk more.
- Avoid constipation. They are one of the most common causes of hemorrhoids. Constipation leads to stagnation of venous blood in the rectum, and due to the solid consistency of feces to mechanical injury to the intestinal mucosa. A special diet will help normalize stool, in extreme cases, medications can be used.
- Do not bother with bowel movements. Long and persistent straining can also provoke hemorrhoids. Try to defecate, teach your body to empty at about the same time, ideally this should happen once a day in the morning, after breakfast. As a result of this, a reflex will be developed and defecation will pass without problems.
- Observe hygiene. This refers to hygiene of the canal area. After a bowel movement, do not limit yourself to just using paper, try to wash yourself, and do it better with cool water. Using cool water will serve as a good training for blood vessels, help strengthen their walls and prevent protrusion. Discard hard paper, replace it with soft paper or tissue paper.
- Take baths more often. Bathing is a fairly effective method of preventing hemorrhoids. This procedure well normalizes the blood microcirculation in the anal area, in addition, it also keeps it clean.
- Avoid hypothermia. Hypothermia becomes a cause of circulatory disorders, this can serve as a factor provoking hemorrhoidal disease.
- Do not lift weights. When lifting weights, intra-abdominal pressure rises, resulting in blood flowing to the veins and pelvic organs. Its excess leads to hemorrhoids.
Simple rules guarantee health
According to research, today hemorrhoids are increasingly observed in young people aged 20-30 years, although earlier this ailment was considered age-related. This is due to a large amount of junk food, a sedentary lifestyle, and low activity. There are several recommendations that can significantly reduce the risk of a disease. Naturally, they do not give a 100% guarantee, but if they are reached, you can most likely avoid this disease:
- review your diet - you should increase the intake of fiber, that is, eat more cereals, legumes, seeds, fruits, vegetables. Do not abruptly start eating only cereals and vegetables, the increase in fiber should be gradual,
- exclude poisoning, diarrhea and constipation,
- it is necessary to ensure that the stool is soft and regular, for this you can drink plenty of fluids throughout the day,
- no need to sit on a toilet seat for a long time and strain hard during bowel movements,
- during sedentary work it is recommended to periodically get up and walk around or do a little workout,
- daily need to do exercises,
- do not sharply lift heavy things, as this causes blood flow and veins widening,
- hygiene of the anal area must be observed.