Horrible how it itches: the causes of itching and peeling in the beard
Modern men, along with women, strive to look well-groomed and attractive in any situation. It is impossible to create a brutal image without a neat beard. At the first stage of its growing, many are faced with the problem of short sharp bristles, which begin to itch strongly, thereby irritating the skin of the face. As a result, a man feels discomfort for several days. Some do not stand it, completely shaving all the hairs to zero. There are a lot of different ways to grow a beautiful beard. Everyone can have the best option for themselves.
Reasons why a beard itches
To grow a beautiful, even beard is a rather difficult task, requiring a certain amount of patience from a representative of the stronger sex. When a man throughout his life walked with a clean-shaven face, then he will encounter difficulties already in the first week. At 2-3 weeks, not only the beard itches when it grows, but it also looks extremely untidy. This is due to the fact that the hairs appear on the surface unevenly.
The main reason why a beard itches is because the sharp ends of the hair appear on the face and neck. They are formed after shaving and already grow quite strongly, which leads to their twisting. The hairs begin to rest back against the surface of the skin. When moving the head, they are even more in contact with each other. Therefore, the man is irritated, as well as a great desire to shave. There are 2 ways to solve this problem:
- A man should pull himself together and patiently endure the first 2 weeks.
- Use special products whose action is aimed at softening and smoothing hair. Cream or beard oil does a good job of this, but shampoo and conditioner are best avoided at this time.
The main reasons that a beard itches at the initial stage of growing include:
- The skin under dense vegetation sweats heavily. If you do not follow the rules of personal hygiene, then this can lead to the appearance of a fungus or infection by bacteria. As a result of this, cracks, damage and red spots form on the chin,
- Young hairs, when faced with already sprouted vegetation, begin to bend back to the skin. This leads to irritation, which provokes a feeling of discomfort,
- Sebum deficiency. When the hair begins to grow, the hair follicles do not have time to rebuild to fully cope with the hydration of the beard. As a result of increased dryness of the skin, the man begins to feel itching.
Each of them does not pose a threat to human health. But there are more serious reasons that provoke unpleasant sensations, because of which the beard itches. This occurs as a result of the development of the following diseases:
- ingestion of various infections,
- diseases of the heart, blood vessels, blood,
- diabetes mellitus
- psychological disorders.
Every man should know what to do if a beard itches. When he began to notice that the itching intensifies day by day more, he should better seek the advice of a qualified doctor. The specialist will accurately identify the cause of the unpleasant symptom, which will help to get rid of it much faster.
How to get rid of itchy beard?
When growing a beard, the first problem a man faces is an unbearable desire to constantly scratch her. If he firmly decided to become the owner of a neat and beautiful facial hair, then in no case should you give up and shave your face to get rid of unpleasant sensations. There are many different ways to alleviate the condition. These include:
- Special creams and ointments sold in pharmacies.
- Folk recipes. A beard has long been a decoration of men. Therefore, over time, many different remedies appeared that acted as the main assistants in growing dense facial hair. The most popular and effective include:
- decoction on oak bark. In a separate container mixed 2 tbsp. ground bark and ½ tbsp. pure water. Everything is set on fire. The composition is cooked for 15 minutes after boiling the liquid. Ready broth is used as lotions on irritated areas of the skin,
- apple cider vinegar medicine. 30 g of the product must be filled with 1 liter of boiled water. Mix everything thoroughly, after which you can begin to rub into the skin where the beard grows. The medicine is aged on the face for 5 minutes, and then gently washed off with water,
- olive oil. It has a rich composition. Therefore, it is used as a medical mask. The oil is rubbed into the skin, after which the beard is wrapped first in cellophane, then in a towel. The compress is kept on the face for about 20 minutes, and then washed off with shampoo.
- Comb. The beard needs the same daily care as the hair on the head. To relieve itching and give the facial hair a neat appearance, it should be combed correctly. This is done with a special brush that prevents sensitive hair from being electrified and fluffing.
Each man chooses for himself the best method for caring for a beard. Today, there are many different ways to do this.
Why skin irritation occurs when growing a beard
Representatives of the stronger sex often begin to experience discomfort and itching as a result of non-observance of personal hygiene rules. Facial hair needs daily care, especially for already grown hairs. They become a kind of insulation and face protection.
If the beard is not regularly washed, then it will become a source of accumulation of moisture, dust, particles of dirt, fine litter and dead epidermal cells. Over time, this will lead to consequences such as:
Coping with these problems with ordinary soap or shampoo is no longer possible. To cleanse the skin of the face, as well as get rid of unpleasant symptoms, you need to use antiseptic hygiene products. In some cases, the doctor prescribes a man an additional intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, the action of which is aimed at eliminating various rashes. To moisturize the skin, a special cream with zinc is ideal.
Irritation and itching on the beard can also occur as a result of the following reasons:
- the use of low-quality shampoo,
- the hair was poorly washed.
If a beard itches, what to do - everyone wants to learn about the most effective methods of getting rid of unpleasant sensations. When there is no way to wash, a nourishing cream should be applied to the skin. It will relieve irritation. If a severe rash begins to appear on the face, which is unbearably itchy, then you should immediately consult a dermatologist.
The beard gives the male image solidity, making his style unique and individual. The main thing is that the facial hair has a neat appearance. Therefore, many turn to professional masters to give a beautiful shape. But without proper home care there is practically no chance to wait for the beard to stop itching, and the result will not last long.
The skin in the chin area can itch just as a result of hair regrowth. New hairs begin to grow back, but meet obstacles in their way in the form of clogged pores, damaged follicles of other hairs and epithelium coarsened after razor.
If the hairs are thin or weak, they can grow - that is why the beard itches when it grows.
When the hair is already branches, the ends of the hair can bend, abut against the skin and also cause inconvenience.
If itching occurs under the beard, the causes of its occurrence can be caused by a number of other factors.
Incorrect use of cosmetics
It is not for nothing that various cosmetics are marked on the packaging, which tells the consumer what they are for. Each has a special composition, selected in accordance with the properties of human skin on a particular part of the body.
Improper use of the care product can lead to redness of the epidermis, dryness and, as a result, irritation and scabies.
Signs of an allergic reaction when the skin of the beard touches when touched:
- sudden itching
- swelling and swelling
This can occur as a result of a change in the products for and after shaving or other hygienic cosmetics. Inflammation occurs as a result of individual intolerance to any component or poor quality product.
With special sensitivity, an allergic reaction can occur as a result of exposure to severe frost and wind in the winter. In the place of damage can pinch.
The manifestation of an allergy on the face can occur due to a highly allergenic product unusual for the body. The manifestation of an ailment in the chin and neck is a frequent consequence of food allergies.
Possible skin diseases
If irritation and inflammation occurs under the beard, thoroughly examine the damaged skin. Allergies, fungal and viral pathologies appear almost the same, but are treated in completely different ways. That is why, with the symptoms listed below, you need to urgently consult a doctor.
- Folliculitis. Small acne is located under the skin and gradually grows, forming red nodules. If you do not control the spread and do not treat, the disease can be dangerous to human health.
- Acne. With a large degree of damage, the rash can develop into large comedones and be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Hydradenitis They can be identified by pear shape directly under the skin. If you self-medicate and try to squeeze them out, then there is a risk of infection of the blood and internal organs.
- Furunculosis. Large subcutaneous masses with pus inside. The first pimple that appears usually leads to the appearance of other such formations.
- Erythrasma Color lesion in the form of a spot with a certain contour. In the absence of proper care, it flows into a chronic form.
- Actinomycosis. At first glance, boils resemble, but in contrast to them, the fungi have a blue tint.
- Dermatomycosis. Appears in the form of blisters and small peeling.
Periodic cauterization is necessary to remove some fungal formations.
- Herpes. When the immune system weakens, it appears in the form of small white pimples located close to each other. On pimples, a crust forms that cannot be peeled off.
- Shingles. It can be confused with a common allergy, as it has similar symptoms. A distinctive feature is the formation of ulcerative vesicles.
The skin does not stop itching, do not allow scratching of damaged areas - this will lead to even more inflammation.
There are general recommendations to remove unpleasant sensations and avoid even greater unpleasant consequences:
- antihistamines for oral administration: suprastin, cetrin, fencarol,
- local ointments
- talcum powder,
- a compress of gauze soaked in boric acid (15 ml of acid in 0.5 l of water).
It is also better to consult a dermatologist to correctly identify the root cause of inflammation and choose a medicine. Prior to receiving, the damaged area needs proper care:
- gently clean and moisturize the skin so as not to damage it even more,
- give preference to mild cleansing lotions that support the hydrolipidic barrier of the skin,
- use special products for hypersensitivity.
Depending on what preconditions led to unpleasant formations, there are appropriate medications to alleviate the symptoms:
In case of an allergic reaction, antihistamines will reduce the feeling of scabies:
These drugs are available both in tablets and in capsules of injection solutions. Choosing the right drug is recommended for professionals.
If the skin lesion is caused by an infection, then most often synthetic antibiotics of the penicillin group are prescribed to remove bacteria such as streptococcus and Staphylococcus aureus.
In case of inflammation due to parasite damage, medicines for external use are used:
- Wilkinson's ointment,
- Sulfuric ointment,
- emulsions of Medifox and Benzyl benzoate.
With these ointments, treat not only the spot that has appeared, but also the skin next to them to prevent spread.
In the case of psoriasis, drugs are prescribed to stabilize and maintain the immune system:
- emulsion and cream Advantan,
- Flucinar gel,
- Tsinokap cream,
- Akriderm ointment,
- Celestoderm cream.
These funds allow you to relieve itching and avoid complications.
If the problem is caused by natural factors, you can remove unpleasant sensations using the following methods.
For 2 large tablespoons of bark, take 0.5 liters of water. Bring the resulting mixture to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Use a cooled broth for lotions and rinses.
For 1 liter of boiled water, take 30 g of apple cider vinegar. Rub the solution into the place of growth of the beard, soak for 5 minutes and rinse with water. Repeat for 7 days.
Rub oil into the skin, wrap with cling film and a towel. Hold for 20 minutes and rinse with a special shampoo.
Take 1 liter of water for 1 tablespoon of chopped grass. Apply the cooled broth with cotton swabs in the form of lotions.
Apply gruel from baking soda and water to inflamed areas that itch. Repeat in the morning and evening.
- oatmeal mask
To make it, grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder to a state of flour and 1 tbsp. pour 50 ml of boiled water. Leave on for 30 minutes. Apply the resulting mixture to problem areas for 15 minutes, 1 time per day.
To be able to grow a beautiful beard, and not get discomfort instead, the right daily care is important. Already at the first stages of growing a beard, it is necessary to provide her with proper care.
In order for the bristles to grow evenly and accurately, you need to eat right and get the necessary vitamins and minerals from food. You also need to nourish the hair roots with oils. They nourish the skin with trace elements and make hair follicles healthier.
If the hair does not grow well, then you can use Generolon, but consult with your doctor first.
As moisturizing and nourishing oils you can use:
- sea buckthorn
- St. John's wort
If there is no beard, it is worth using a scrub to help weakened hair break out and reduce the likelihood of ingrown.
To get rid of the hair that has grown into the root, apply a warm compress to soften the affected area of the body. Then, with disinfected tweezers or a pin, remove the hairs and treat this place with an antiseptic.
A beard should not be washed too often. This will dry the skin and hair, which can lead to dandruff. It is better to wash the beard once every 2-3 days using a special moisturizing shampoo. This will avoid the situation when the bristles are peeling.
To make your hair obedient, do not wrap in different directions and do not prick, use a special conditioner or balm.
To prevent dirt, dust and crumbs from accumulating in the beard, comb the beard with a wooden comb with rare teeth.
Do not stop taking care of your beard if you have already achieved the desired result. The systematic use of a special comb gives both hygienic and visual effects:
- the hair becomes smooth
- allows you to maintain a beard shape,
- helps hair grow in the right direction
- helps to properly distribute sebum over the beard.
Hair perfectly absorbs aromas. In order not to get an accumulation of unpleasant odors instead of a luxurious beard, use special oils. Chamomile oil, tea oil, rosewood, orange perfectly eliminate the smell of tobacco and moisturize the hair.
To avoid the appearance of unpleasant formations and sensations:
- do not get involved in dairy products and citruses,
- buy high-quality beard care cosmetics,
- less often use alcohol-based cleansers to dry your skin,
- in summer, use sunscreen and moisturizer, as the direct exposure to ultraviolet rays also has a negative effect,
- do not take medications without a doctor’s prescription,
- to prevent formations, stop smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages: they negatively affect the condition of the body and epithelium in particular,
- proper nutrition is the key to good digestion and healthy skin,
- take vitamin complexes.
It is better to prevent skin diseases than to be treated and take medicine.
It is possible to independently solve the problem of peeling and itching only with natural factors. If an allergic reaction occurs, isolate the allergen itself or its cause - take an antihistamine. In other cases, it is important to consult a doctor to get specialized help.
Each beard is long, characterized by its complexity. Sometimes a man begins to wonder what to do - to shave a growing beard immediately or continue to grow further. In this situation, do not panic and retreat from the intended goal. You will need to understand the cause of the discomfort and find a way to level it.
If a man has always maintained his skin smoothly shaved, then the first week will be the hardest. The bristles itch when the stage of its growth approaches 2 - 3 weeks. At this point, the stubble itself will look very scruffy. This is due to the fact that the hair does not grow evenly, their tips are very sharp (after all, they were shaved with a razor) and at the moment they have grown enough to curl and rest its end against the surface of the skin.
One of the most combed places is the neck. A person twists it all day, as a result of this movement, the hairs prick the skin even more. This problem can be solved in several ways:
- gain strength and patience and just wait 1 - 2 weeks until this itching goes away on its own,
- use a moisturizer and beard oil, they will help soften the hairs and even them out.
To understand why a beard itches, despite the fact that the stage of initial growth has long passed, it is necessary to consider the following options:
- a thick beard on the face leads to the fact that the skin sweats intensively in the chin area. This can lead to the development of bacteria and fungi, resulting in redness and damage to the skin,
- newly grown hairs in the course of their development stumble upon other hairs of the beard, bend and continue their growth not directly, but in the direction of the body, as a result they rest against the skin and irritate it.
Another important factor is the lack of sebum, which is produced by the sebaceous glands located near the root of each hair follicle. As the hair grows, the size of the sebaceous glands does not increase, therefore, sebum becomes insufficient to moisturize the skin and beard. As a result of drying of the skin, an unpleasant itching occurs.
In rare cases, a beard itches for more serious reasons that should not be overlooked:
- dermatitis, psoriasis,
- allergic reaction,
- infectious diseases,
- diseases of the cardiovascular system,
- blood diseases
- psychological disorders.
At the slightest suspicion of the presence of one of the above reasons, you should immediately consult a specialist for advice.
What to do?
In case of an unpleasant symptom such as an itch of a beard, do not give up. There are many methods to alleviate the situation. You can use special natural remedies, or purchase special creams at the pharmacy.
Hairbrush to help
To beard looked neat, it must be combed daily. Since hair is very sensitive to static electricity, it can easily become electrified and fluffy. Therefore, for this purpose, you should buy a good comb, and preferably a special brush.
A very good result is shown by the systematic use of a special beard brush:
- beard hair has a smooth structure,
- creates and maintains a beautiful beard shape,
- helps hair grow in the right direction
- the brush distributes natural skin fat over the beard,
Most of these brushes are made using wild boar bristles. It has a different length of villi, which guarantees the capture of each individual hair and comb it. The best time to carry out such an operation will be the moment after taking a shower. The beard should be thoroughly dried with a towel, apply oil and only after that proceed to comb it.
Could there be irritation on the skin from the beard?
Beard irritation is only possible if all hygiene rules are not followed. A long beard is a natural heater, if you do not wash it regularly, then naturally this will lead to a constant accumulation of moisture on the skin of the face.
As a result, acne and rashes can form on the skin under the beard. In this case, you need to cleanse the skin under the beard with antiseptic soap. In this case, anti-inflammatory or other anti-rash drugs can be additionally prescribed.
At a time when the skin is in an irritated state, moisturizing is best done with an anti-inflammatory cream, such as zinc. It should be applied only after cleansing the skin.
Additionally, you should pay attention to such points:
- if the beard itches after taking a shower - maybe the shampoo is the cause,
- after using beard shampoo, it’s important to wash them off very well under water,
- in a situation where the beard is itchy, but there is no possibility to wash, you should use a nourishing cream.
Causes of Spiky Beard
Thick bristles adorn the man in the female eyes, however, from her touch, the skin turns red and irritated. In addition, this “prickly brush” can ruin the collars of shirts. What is the reason:
- the hairs growing on the man’s face are much stiffer - this explains why the beard is pricking,
- in addition, the hairs have a different shape - they are square in cross section, while the hair from the head is round,
- each hair is covered with a large number of layers of the epidermis. Their number depends on age and race.
Beard care requires considerable skill and basic skills.
- wash more often - such an ordinary procedure moisturizes the skin and flushes bacteria,
- if the beard is long enough, it should be thoroughly combed, which will help prevent bending of hairs,
- in order to cut the beard symmetrically, you should start the procedure from the ear to the chin,
- if the beard is cut with scissors, then the hair should be cut from the outside of the comb. In this case, at first it is better to leave the length slightly more than desired, since after drying the hairs will become shorter. Over time, skill will come and the quality of the haircut will improve,
- so that the beard does not itch, you should wash it with shampoos against dandruff several times a week,
- to get rid of hair ingrown into the skin, you need to apply a warm compress to soften the affected area of the body. Then, with disinfected tweezers or a pin, remove the hairs and treat this place with an antiseptic,
- For the first time, you can use a special hair thickener to help hide uneven hair growth. It must be used very sparingly so that the beard does not look unnaturally thick.
If a man wants to create his own individual style or give himself solidity, then he should think about trying to grow a beard. Of course, it would not hurt to visit a professional craftsman in order to give the beard a beautiful shape. With proper care, the beard will grow quickly enough and will cause the envy of others.
Why a beard itches: causes of skin irritation under a beard
Contrary to popular belief the beard does not itch at all because of improper hygiene. This is certainly possible, but this is a topic for another discussion. If we take as a basis the fact that a man takes care of himself and washes his beard regularly, there may be several reasons for the appearance of itching.
- First of all itchy beard It can be caused by its own hairs, which, when growing, bend and irritate the skin. With the growth of a beard, the problem may persist. Old hairs fall out, new ones grow, bend and trite the skin of the chin.
- The second reason is dryness and skin irritation under the beard. In this case, the skin under the beard dries and peels. This can be caused by improperly selected care products. For example, when washing with ordinary soap, dryness cannot be avoided. Sweat can irritate the skin, especially when it comes to sufficiently thick hair.
- Dry skin by nature. The problem is also dryness, but not from the means used, but from a lack of natural sebum.
- Unsuitable care products. They can also cause dryness and irritation.
- Medical causes of itching. These include dermatitis, allergies, cardiovascular diseases, changes caused by diabetes mellitus and other diseases.
Itching in the first days of hair growth
In the early days of hair growth, the cause of itching may be associated with:
- using an insufficiently sharp razor,
- ingrown hair.
Microtrauma, accidental cuts, infection. If the integrity of the epidermis is damaged, then a man should be especially careful, since there is a risk of developing sycosis. This recurrent inflammation of the hair follicles is caused by Staphylococcus aureus. After infection gets into the cut area, acute inflammation, swelling, wetting surface, abscesses occur.
What to do if the bristles itch:
- Thoroughly wash the vegetation from dirt with a special beard shampoo with a cooling effect.
- If there is bleeding, then stop them with a cotton pad.
- Apply lotion with antibacterial or antiseptic components to the skin to prevent infection.
- If the epidermis is very irritated, itches, then apply the ointment with soothing and anti-inflammatory substances (with calendula, aloe vera, salicylic acid, etc.). For edema, apply a hormonal ointment (e.g. hydrocortisone).
Not sharp enough blades. Instead of cutting hair, blunt blades pull it, pull it out. As a result, the hair follicle is damaged and the hair begins to grow in a different direction: without piercing the epidermis, horizontally, in parallel. All this causes itching of the skin.
- to reduce dryness, hair stiffness, apply a moisturizing emollient cream (with extracts of chamomile, string, etc.), if there is swelling - hormonal ointment,
- so that the epidermis does not itch after the next shave, it is imperative to change the razor to a sharp one.
Ingrown. The contact of the hairs with the epidermis often ends with their ingrowth, especially in the front surface of the neck, submandibular, chin area. This feature is often found in people with a wavy type of hair on the head. Free sharp ends penetrate into the epidermis like splinters, damage its integrity, form nodules that become inflamed and itchy. Subsequently, these seals are cut with a razor, the skin is infected. In their place, bloody crusts form.
What to do if a beard itches due to ingrowth:
- wash the beard and soften it by applying conditioner or oil for hard and dry hair - the products will prevent the penetration of vegetation into the skin,
- to release ingrown hair, conduct several face peelings with abrasive cosmetics (for example, scrub),
- further shaving the beard only by its growth - this will prevent damage to the hair bulb and growth in the wrong direction, twisting of hairs, ingrowth.
Itchy beard, what to do?
Shave off and forget about the problem - the easiest, but not the most successful way. If the plans for growing a luxurious beard are still valid, just figure out cause itching and eliminate it. If itching is caused by curving hairs, the easiest way is to soften them. This can be done using the means intended for this. In the arsenal of bearded shampoos, balms, beard oils. They will soften the hair by nourishing and moisturizing, help to set them in the right direction. Also a good tool for giving silkiness and obedience to hair is a comb for combing. You need to comb your beard daily, preferably after washing and applying oil. This will help to “train” them to lie correctly.
If the skin dries under the beard, care products will come to the rescue. Special shampoos and oils affect not only the hair, but also on the skin of the face. After shampooing, apply oil. To do this, distribute a few drops of the product in the palms of your hands, apply to the skin, and then distribute along the entire length. High-quality beard oil will have a moisturizing, nourishing and soothing effect on the skin, will help relieve itching and get rid of peeling. We wrote about beard care products in this article: read.
Sebum deficiency causing dry and itchy skin, eliminated by normalizing nutrition. More healthy fats and vitamins in the diet - and the goal will be achieved. High-quality preparations containing Omega-3, olive and linseed oil, fatty fish, and nuts will help. It is also important to remember proper digestion. This is very important for the full absorption of nutrients. There should be enough fiber in the diet. It is found in vegetables, fruits, cereals.
For problems caused by diseases, you must visit a doctor. This is a dermatologist, trichologist, endocrinologist and other narrow specialists.
When the hair is already long but itchy anyway
Allergy. If previously the beard was not scratched, and then itching, redness, swelling of the skin, rashes suddenly appeared, then perhaps the reason is an allergic reaction. It often occurs when changing products for or after shaving, hygienic cosmetics (washing gel, soap, shampoo for beard).
What to do if a beard itches:
- exclude contact with the irritant,
- apply antihistamine ointment to the skin (for example, fenistil) - it soothes, reduces sensitivity to the allergen, relieves itching, reduces allergic rashes,
Wrong makeup. If for washing vegetation a man uses a regular shampoo instead of a beard, then the skin dries up, quickly irritates, itches. This is due to the fact that ordinary shampoos contain a large amount of SLS.These substances create a rich foam, effectively remove impurities, and with them a protective lipid barrier from the skin. This leads to increased dryness of the epidermis, sensitivity and a tendency to irritation.
- to reduce the dryness of the epidermis and beard, apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream, conditioner,
- in the future to purchase cosmetics for the care of the beard - it delicately cares not only for the epidermis, but also for the hairs, prevents drying out.
Lack of hygiene. A brutal bearded image requires regular care. Dust, crumbs, bacteria are constantly gathering in the hairs. If you do not wash your beard, then it begins to itch due to dirt that accumulates on the skin, clogs pores, causes inflammation, and an unpleasant odor appears.
What to do: remove contaminants from the beard must be regularly, but not every day. Every day, a protective lipid layer is formed on the skin and hairs, which maintains a natural water balance, prevents drying out. Wash the hairline with care products for 1-2 p. in Week. If there are severe pollution, for example, after eating, then you can simply rinse the beard with water.
Sweating skin. If the beard is excessively thick, then insufficient skin ventilation, excessive sweating is possible. This is a favorable environment for the propagation of pathogenic microflora. As a result, the beard itches, the epidermis turns red and swells.
Sweat is a natural part of the body’s thermoregulation. Excessive secretion of sweat glands under the beard indicates that this part of the face is overheating and the body is trying to lower the temperature by evaporating moisture from the epidermis. Often, bearded men face this problem in the hot season, when playing sports.
To reduce sweating and the itching associated with it, it may be time to slightly trim or shorten the beard, to give it a neat shape. Also, in order to reduce sweating, it is recommended to exclude factors that provoke it: spicy foods, excessive emotional reactions, sodas, alcohol, etc.
Various drying agents will help remove excessive sweating and eliminate itching. These include: powders, talc. There are plants that help normalize the secretion of sweat glands. You can make compresses with a decoction of oak bark, birch buds, a string, etc.
Before fighting beard itching, you should first find out the cause of this condition and make sure that it is not associated with any serious condition, for example, with allergies, skin diseases, etc.
Why the chin itches: reasons
The factors that cause unpleasant sensations vary: from simple ones that are easy to cope on your own to serious illnesses. It is important to correctly determine why a beard itches in order to completely solve the problem. In many cases, a dermatologist will help, and some problems will require extensive examination and comprehensive measures.
Unpleasant sensations cause internal and external irritants. The first group includes food, medication. They can be determined if new foods or ingredients have appeared in the diet, and in the area of the chin, itching has begun to itch since taking the medicine.
The list of external allergens is much wider:
- scarf, fur,
- animal hair
- wind, frost
- pollen of plants
- ultraviolet radiation.
The manifestation of an allergy can be barely noticeable, manifested by mild itching in the chin area, or cause severe suffering from peeling of the skin, burning, scarlet spots, rashes. In severe cases, additional symptoms are cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, swelling of the tissues, fever.
Moreover, the chin does not always itch due to allergies. The chemical components of cosmetics, tan, nicotine, alcohol dry and tighten the skin, causing itching.
Rashes around the mouth appear in the form of papules and pustules, grouped symmetrically or on one side. The face looks unaesthetic, the skin itches. One of the causes of perioral dermatitis is called a side effect of ingestion of corticosteroid hormones. Cases of the development of the disease are possible when, when treated with corticosteroid ointments of the skin in the lower parts of the body, the residues on the fingers fall on the face area when touched. Also, the components contained in anti-bronchial tablets, inhalants irritate the skin and provoke the appearance of dermatitis. Sometimes the cause of the disease is the use of fluorinated toothpaste.
A lot of nerve endings are grouped in the chin area, so with prolonged overstrain, during stress, chronic overfatigue itches right here in the first place.
If the cause of the itching is not detected and eliminated in time, the discomfort will spread to other parts of the body, which will cause even greater inconvenience to the person.
The demodex tick enters the epidermis of a healthy person by contact and contact-household means. Microscopic parasites feed on sebum, so the likelihood of appearing on the face is higher than in other parts of the body.
With demodicosis, the beard is very itchy, especially at night, subcutaneous passages with small paired holes in the form of black dots are noticeable. Lack of treatment leads to the multiplication of parasites and their spread throughout the body.
Peeling of the skin, the appearance of pink spots, the formation of a weeping crust indicates skin diseases that require proper diagnosis and immediate treatment.
Mild itching, which has no concomitant symptoms and manifests itself with a certain frequency, also can not be ignored. Thus, the body can signal a malfunction of internal systems. This is how the diseases of the liver, kidneys, endocrine glands appear.
How to relieve itching on the chin
An independent solution to the problem is possible if the cause of discomfort is an allergen. It is enough to analyze the changes in the diet, lifestyle, events in recent days and exclude the provoking factor, treat the itching area with chamomile broth, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil. With mild irritation, additional treatment is not required. In all other cases, when changes appear on the skin, the beard itches, what to do, the doctor will determine.
- To relieve itching with allergies, antihistamines are prescribed. These include ointments Fenistil, Psilo-balm and tablets Suprastin, Zirtek, Loratadin. In severe form, they resort to the treatment of the problem area with ointments Fluorocort, Prednisolone. Pust formations require antibiotic therapy.
For other reasons, a full examination is carried out with the study of scraping, blood tests, instrumental equipment. Some diseases become chronic with periodic remissions and complications. Significantly prolong a comfortable state allows smoking cessation and alcohol, a strict diet, maintaining immunity, preventive medical advice from a doctor.
How to grow a beard without discomfort
With the growth of a beard, hairs will inevitably prick. To avoid this and other troubles, just follow simple recommendations:
- Observe hygiene. Shampoo should be of high quality, not irritate and not dry the skin. If after applying it, a beard itch appears, you need to make sure that the product is washed off the skin and hair completely. If this is not the problem - you need to change the shampoo. A thick beard is a natural insulation that inevitably leads to sweat, especially in the hot season. Such a beard must be monitored with particular care.
- Monitor skin and hair. This will help oils, balms and, of course, good nutrition. Oil can be bought or made independently from the available components, which are easy to find in the pharmacy. This will help remove irritation, peeling and itching.
- Comb the beard. So you can give the vegetation the right shape, make the hair smoother and more manageable. To do this, you can use a special comb for a beard or a regular hair brush. A good effect allows you to get a brush made from natural boar bristles.
- Do not give up ahead of time. Discomfort may appear in the early days of growing. This is due to the fact that hairs after regular shaving with a machine tool encounter difficulties in germination. The problem will go away in a few days, and as the beard grows, it will bother less and less.
A beautiful beard is not just hair that branches by itself. To beard was beautiful and really adorned a man, daily careful care is required.
For the most part you need to take care of the beard yourself. If we are talking about applying products, washing, etc. But if we talk about haircuts, shaving, shaping - you need a barbershop. Our catalog, which includes men's hairdressers throughout Ukraine, will help you choose it. To select the optimal barbershop for you, just go to the page of a specific city and make your choice: Men's hairdressers in Kiev, Odessa, Kharkov, Lviv, Dnipro.