The healthiest food after 50 years for men and women
One of the most fragile links in men's health in adulthood is prostate health. About one in three men sooner or later faces symptoms of her benign hyperplasia, but there are much more serious risks. Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of oncology detected in men of an older age group.
Proper nutrition plays an important role in maintaining men's health, and some types of products are worth paying special attention to: they reliably reduce the risks of developing prostate diseases of a different nature.
The first and most obvious solution is the notorious Mediterranean diet. “It has been proven that a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables helps reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer,” says Dr. Paul Zollinger-Red, chief physician at the British Association of Private Health Insurance Organizations.
In addition to fruits and vegetables, the Mediterranean diet includes a sufficient amount of whole grains, nuts, extra virgin olive oil and fish. All of these products help prevent prostate hyperplasia or reduce the severity of existing symptoms.
Equally important is maintaining a healthy body mass index - through the same nutrition and moderate physical activity. Men with an increased body mass index, as well as suffering from type 2 diabetes, are more prone to developing prostatic hyperplasia and aggressive forms of cancer.
Foods to Avoid
Some products for men after 50 years should be completely excluded from the diet. Doctors recommend avoiding or limiting the use of red meat, processed foods, and sugar-based sweets as much as possible. On the other hand, 5 groups of products are distinguished, on which a strong half of humanity should, as it should, be trained.
Tomatoes are rich in useful pigment lycopene, which protects the male body from the development of prostate cancer. In one study (and there have already been a lot of them on this topic), it was shown that with the use of at least 10 servings of tomatoes per week, the risk of developing prostate cancer is reduced by 20%. In 2016, nutritionists also found that lycopene helps relieve symptoms of prostatic hyperplasia.
It is important to know that heat treatment and the addition of extra virgin olive oil to tomatoes and their dishes makes lycopene more digestible.
2. Red pepper
Like tomatoes, red pepper also contains a lot of lycopene, which gives them a characteristic red color. In addition, they are excellent sources of vitamin C, another good helper in the fight against benign prostatic hyperplasia.
To get the maximum benefit, it is best to consume pepper in both raw and cooked form: in the first case, you will get more vitamin C, which is destroyed by heat treatment, but cooked pepper dishes will be rich in lycopene, which is released precisely under the influence of heat.
3. Fatty fish and seafood
Fatty types of fish - such as salmon, mackerel and sardines - contain a large amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which effectively protect the body from several types of cancer. Numerous studies show that men who regularly consume oily fish have a 2-3 times lower risk of developing prostate cancer compared to those who prefer to ignore fish.
In addition, fatty fish and seafood contain a lot of zinc - a mineral that is extremely important for the health of the prostate gland and can reduce symptoms and prevent the development of its benign hyperplasia.
Broccoli and other representatives of the cruciferous family (cabbage, cale and others) are rich in sulforaphane, an organic compound with proven anti-cancer properties. More and more researchers are coming to the conclusion that this group of vegetables and the compounds obtained from them have a great future in the prevention of prostate cancer.
In 2017, the results of a study conducted at the University of Oregon (USA) were published. According to the data obtained, sulforaphane can inhibit the development of cancer cells and prevent the spread of an existing tumor. In addition, broccoli contains a lot of vitamin C and other nutrients that are very beneficial for men's health.
Nuts, especially walnuts, are also able to protect the male body from cancer. A 2014 California study found that eating walnuts lowers the hormone associated with prostate cancer risk and slows down the development of existing tumors in experimental mice.
A nut-rich diet also works to reduce the risk of mortality from prostate cancer - scientists from Boston came to this conclusion in 2016. They experimentally proved that men who use nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews or walnuts) at least 5 times a week have a reduced risk of prostate cancer mortality of 34% on average.
If you want to get the most out of your apple, don’t peel it. It contains pectins that can remove bad cholesterol from the body. Fruits are enriched with vitamins, micro and macro elements, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Apples contain vitamin G, which positively affects the digestive system. It is called the "vitamin of appetite." According to the iodine content, these fruits can safely compete with other fruits. If apples are included in the daily diet, the body will become healthier:
- the thyroid gland will work,
- immunity will be strengthened
- brain activity will increase
- weight loss
- concentration will improve.
A diet after 50 should include green vegetables. They are recommended to eat not only for weight loss, but also for preventive purposes to improve health.
By the content of potassium, calcium, iron, protein, vitamins A, C, K, beta-carotene, folic acid, these vegetables can give odds to any products. In legumes - green peas, green beans - there are a lot of vitamins that improve metabolism, increase the body's resistance to diseases, strengthen bone tissue and muscles.
Seeds and nuts
Healthy nutrition after 50 years can not be imagined without nuts and seeds. Use them as a full snack, they help to quench hunger for a long time, improve well-being.
- pumpkin seeds,
- chia seeds.
To maintain normal weight or lose weight, you need to eat more watery vegetables, liquid foods, they reduce the calorie intake. The leader among vegetables in terms of water content is cucumber. A little less juice is found in tomatoes, which are a source of lycopene. This antioxidant reduces the risk of prostate cancer. You can eat tomatoes in any form 3-4 times a week.
Soups, liquid porridge puddings are 80% water. It is better to eat a cup of soup, a portion of salad and consume 250 calories at the same time than sweet espresso with a croissant and not give anything useful to the body. A bunch of grapes will bring much more pleasure than a handful of raisins.
Whole Grain Porridge
If you want to cleanse your body efficiently and quickly, start the day with a portion of whole grain cereal. This dish should be in the diet of people over 50 years old. Unrefined grains are enriched with iron, B vitamins, coarse fiber, magnesium, and phosphorus. The choice of cereals is huge - buckwheat, bulgur, oats, wheat, quinoa, brown rice, corn, pasta.
Avocado is ahead of bananas in potassium content, so it is useful for the cardiovascular system. With the regular use of an alligator pear, blood vessels strengthen, their elasticity increases. A small amount of avocado in the daily diet will help normalize digestion, strengthen hair, nails, and give the skin a healthy glow.
The avocado pulp contains not a single gram of sugar. The fruit has a low glycemic index, so after eating it there will not be a sharp jump in blood glucose levels.
Nutrition for men and women after 50 years: what is important?
With age, both in the woman’s body and in the man’s body, metabolic processes and energy consumption decrease, so you need to carefully monitor your diet and reduce the total calorie content of food.
Representatives of the weaker sex at this age have menopause, as a result of which the production of the hormone estrogen is reduced, and this can lead to weight gain and osteoporosis. In this regard, a woman’s nutrition after 50 years should be balanced, reduced in calories, but at the same time, all necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals (especially calcium) should be present in the diet.
For men at this age, the body "gets tired" of the fast pace of life, the constant desire to reach new heights, lack of sleep, overwork at work, and this affects the general condition and well-being.
To maintain internal strength, you need to take care of the right “fuel”, carefully monitor what we eat, if you have heartburn, you must also adjust your diet. If the body was recovering fast 20-30 years ago, now the time has come to seriously take care of it.
Nutrition for men after 50 years should include all the necessary nutrients, while being correct and balanced in proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Representatives of the stronger sex also have a high risk of developing osteoporosis, so there should be a sufficient amount of calcium and other minerals in the food consumed.
Nutrition after 50 years: basic principles
In order to eat properly in adulthood with maximum benefit for the body, it is necessary to observe such principles.
- The first and most basic: reduce the calorie content of food. Since after 50 years there is a slowdown in metabolism, then the energy consumption of the body is reduced. In addition, at this age, motor activity decreases. It is enough to reduce the total calorie content of your diet by 10-15%. This will help not to gain extra pounds. Excess weight in adulthood increases the risk of "earning" arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, heart and blood vessel problems.
- Reduce salt intake. After 50 years, the sensitivity of blood vessels to sodium increases, and excess salt in the diet can lead to the development of edema or increased pressure.
- Avoid salty, smoked and spicy foods and dishes. You should not eat semi-finished products, canned food and sausages - they contain a lot of sodium and artificial additives.
- Reduce fat, especially animal fat. Animal fat contains a large amount of cholesterol, which leads to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels. It is better to switch to vegetable oils, consuming them in the amount of 1-2 tablespoons per day.
- We pay attention to the method of cooking. To ensure that nutrition after 50 years is healthy, properly prepare food: cook, bake, stew. Try to minimize the number of fried foods: they contain a large amount of fat.
- No to diets! Especially this rule applies to the fairer sex. In no case should you be carried away by mono-diets or diets that are not balanced in terms of diet. If you want to lose weight, slightly reduce calories and monitor the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates that enter the body with food. Weight will go away slowly, but this approach will not harm your health.
Eating after 50 years involves 5-6 meals a day throughout the day. If you cannot afford to eat so often, you can reduce the number of meals to 3. In any case, you should have a full breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Proper nutrition after 50 years: healthy foods
What kind of food is most beneficial for people after 50? What foods should be present in your diet to feel cheerful and easy?
With age, due to changes in the hormonal background (in women) and a decrease in metabolic processes, calcium is actively washed out of the body, which can lead to the development of diseases such as osteoporosis, hypertension, atherosclerosis. As bone tissue becomes more fragile, the risk of fractures increases.
Dairy products are rich in calcium, and this helps strengthen bones and prevent bone diseases. In addition, regular consumption of dairy products will strengthen nails, hair and teeth.
Be sure to include legumes, lean meat, fish and other seafood in your diet. Their use helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system, muscle tissue, and enhance brain activity.
Prefer lean meats, animal fats contain a large amount of "bad" cholesterol.
They are rich in vitamins and minerals, easily digestible, not high in calories. Make vegetable and fruit salads, bake and stew vegetables, cook vegetable soups. Pay special attention to green vegetables (cabbage, greens, green beans), they will help maintain youthful skin.
Refuse coffee and black tea, replacing it with green. This drink contains special substances - catechins, which stimulate bone growth, which is especially important in adulthood.
In addition, green tea reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood, maintains the elasticity of blood vessels, promotes the breakdown of adipose tissue and weight loss.
Nutrition after 50 years: what to exclude from the diet?
Not all food products that are on store shelves are equally beneficial for the body. In order not to harm, it is better to minimize or exclude such products and dishes:
- Semi-finished products - they contain a lot of salt, fat, various artificial additives,
- Sausages, sausages, smoked meats - home-baked meat will bring much more benefit to the body.
- Carbonated drinks, coffee, black tea - drink more pure water, green tea, do not forget about juices and compotes from natural fruits and berries.
- Fatty meat, fat - as we said above, an excess of animal fats increases the amount of cholesterol in the blood, leads to overweight, which entails many problems.
- Alcohol and smoking - their use only brings harm to the body, reducing defenses and poisoning cells with toxins. Refusing bad habits will help to prolong health and youth.
Life after 50 can be varied and interesting. Do not forget to take care of yourself, pay attention to what and how much you eat, then your body will thank you with good health and excellent health!
Head Freelance Nutritionist Office
health care of Yekaterinburg
When a man approaches his 50th birthday, he should reconsider his usual menu. This is necessary because the metabolism is noticeably slowed down and the body’s energy consumption is reduced. I.e a person eats more, but moves less, and such a pattern may soon lead to one of the stages of obesity.
The second rule is “balanced and fortified day-to-day nutrition” and, if it is not followed, then the common consequences are heartburn, dyspepsia, impaired metabolism, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract with a chronic course, as well as vitamin deficiency and problems in the functioning of the nervous system.
The third rule goes like this: "You need to be able to adjust your diet." Why is this necessary? At the age of 50, every man has his own health problems, which in most cases can no longer be cured. As you know, chronic diseases are prone to recurrence, and food can become that provoking factor. That is why, together with the attending physician, you need to determine your safe diet and steadily follow all its rules.
Adhering to these elementary rules, any man can significantly improve his own well-being, raise his spirits and feel that very “second youth”.
As mentioned above, the general dietary requirement of a 50-year-old man is reduce calorie intake and increase the energy value of your daily diet. For instance, enough to consume 10 - 15% less calories per day, and the general condition of the stronger sex will dramatically improve. In the same way, the development of extensive pathologies of the cardiovascular system, obesity, and diabetes mellitus can be prevented.
Salt at such a venerable age also causes significant harm to the body., since it violates the elasticity of blood vessels, contributes to the occurrence of increased swelling and bouts of hypertension. That is why it is required to reduce sodium intake by several times, and all food should fall under the definition of "slightly salted."
It is extremely important to minimize the consumption of fried foods, since it is this method of cooking that develops atherosclerosis and provokes an exacerbation of diseases already existing in the body. The following processing methods are best used: boiling, stewing, simmering and steaming. Thus, the products will retain all their healing properties.
Nutrition for men after 50 years
They say that gray hair, like scars, adorn a man. But often along with noble gray hairs come less pleasant signs of age.
Chronic fatigue, fatty fried foods, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine abuse - this is not the whole list of abuses that make themselves felt. In Japan, they say that after fifty, a second life begins, which is much more interesting and brighter.
And what this life will be entirely depends on how a person changes his physical and nutritional habits according to age-related changes in the body.
Allowed food at age 50
In order to feel vigor, strength and a positive attitude, a 50-year-old man must eat right and know exactly which foods are allowed to be consumed. In this case, it is worth noting the benefits of the following ingredients:
- dairy products rich in calcium and other trace elements,
- fresh vegetables and fruits, which in addition to vitamins contain iron for the prevention of hypertension and atherosclerosis,
- lean meat to strengthen the work of the heart muscle,
- low-fat fish for intensive muscle tissue nutrition,
- legumes to activate the brain centers,
- green tea as a powerful antioxidant.
Of course, from time to time you can treat yourself to various goodies and sweets, but it is important to always remember that such dishes should be present in the weekly diet strictly in limited quantities and it is certainly advisable to eat them not before bedtime.
Slowing down metabolic processes
After 50, all processes in the body of a man slow down, including metabolic ones. If at the age of twenty, the assimilation and excretion of substances that enter our body with food, including not very useful ones, occurs rather quickly, then after 50 these processes take much more time.
- Features of lipid metabolism. Lipids are fats that enter the body. By their nature, they can be of animal or vegetable origin. They are part of our cells and play an important role in energy synthesis. But after 50, the energy role of lipids fades into the background, and therefore they accumulate due to fat deposits. In this regard, fats of animal origin are especially dangerous.
- Features of protein metabolism. Proteins are the bricks that make up muscle mass. At a young age, protein synthesis prevails over decay processes, which means that there is an active growth in muscle mass. With age, protein breakdown dominates, and therefore there is a gradual atrophy of muscle and nerve cells. The hemoglobin content in the blood is also reduced, which means that oxygen starvation of cells occurs.
- Change in carbon metabolism. Carbon is the main source of energy in our body. After 50, their metabolism slows down significantly, which is characterized by an increase in blood sugar, as well as their conversion to adipose tissue. As a result, the risk of diabetes, obesity, as well as the appearance of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels increases.
But changing metabolic processes is an easily solved problem. To do this, you just need to slightly adjust the nutrition, including lipotropic products and green tea in it.
Any nutritionist will say that with age, poor nutrition is not only harmful, but also becomes dangerous to health. That is why it is extremely important to remember all prohibited products and finally remove them from your familiar menu.
Among the foods from the category of "taboo" should be highlighted:
- fast-food fast food, fats and other synthetic substances,
- fatty meats and lard high in unhealthy cholesterol,
- alcoholdeveloping general intoxication of the body,
- smoked meats, pickles and preservatives,
- semi-finished products and offal,
- coffeeblack tea and carbonated drinks,
- fatty, fried and spicy dishes.
If these foods are not removed from the diet, atherosclerosis, obesity, hypertension, disturbances in the functioning of the digestive tract, complete poisoning of the body and oxygen starvation can develop in the body. Such pathological conditions are dangerous not only for health, but also for the life of a 50-year-old man.
American studies have confirmed that malnutrition can shorten a man’s life by 5 to 7 years, and this is due to numerous diseases of the cardiovascular system, which progress against the background of impaired metabolism and obesity.
Popular dishes on the menu
So, if a man over 50 chose the right diet for himself and clearly follows all the recommendations of a nutritionist, then he should be selective about his own diet. The main goal of choosing food products is not to get enough of the heart, but to deliver maximum nutrients to your body.
Buckwheat porridge is rich in iron.therefore it is the best breakfast for a 50 year old man. It is in perfect harmony with meat products, which in the human diet act as the main source of proteins and proteins. Green tea tones the whole body. If you have breakfast with rabbit and buckwheat on a side dish, you can get a boost of energy even on the most difficult working day.
Soups should also be present in the daily diet., since they improve intestinal motility, normalize digestion and contribute to the normal flow of metabolism. That is why for lunch it is recommended to regularly use such hot dishes, but preferably without frying. Vegetable soup and bean soup are especially useful.
So such simple rules will maintain an impeccable health and excellent appearance for a man who is already over 50 for a long period of time.
Have you ever thought about seasonal nutrition? We have nutritional recommendations for men for all types of the year:
Deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids affects cognitive decline, memory impairment. No one can avoid age-related changes, but life after 50 can be made better and healthier thanks to oily fish. Nutritionists say that fish should be included in the diet 2-3 times a week to avoid Alzheimer's disease, senile dementia.
Fatty fish contain vitamin D, which is needed for the absorption of calcium. Seafood helps older people protect themselves from osteoporosis, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, atherosclerosis. The lack of omega-3 and vitamin D is also compensated by pharmacy supplements.
Skim milk products
Products marked "low fat" - a marketing ploy. It is not possible to completely eliminate kefir, milk or yogurt from the fat share, and if this happens, their taste is worsened. The choice of such products must be approached responsibly.
It is important for people over 50 to constantly replenish the supply of calcium, protein. Yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk contains beneficial bacteria that normalize the intestinal microflora.
Fat-free sour-milk products can be eaten on fasting days, subject to a therapeutic diet, but not constantly. Scientists have proven that with regular use of foods with zero percent fat, people are more likely to suffer from depression, sudden mood swings.
Changes in the respiratory system
Occur due to a decrease in the elasticity of the walls of the pulmonary vesicles (emphysema), which leads to a decrease in lung volume. This leads to a decrease in oxygen supply to the body. Especially this process is aggravated by the presence of nicotine addiction.
These problems are solved with the help of breathing exercises and complete cessation of smoking.
The most difficult and dangerous group of diseases. The main problems of the cardiovascular system are atherosclerosis and hypertension.
Atherosclerosis is a disease caused by impaired properties and lipid metabolism, as well as changes in the walls of blood vessels. Atherosclerotic plaques form on their walls, which constrict blood vessels and slow down blood flow. The consequences of atherosclerosis are coronary heart disease and angina pectoris. Plaques can also break away from the walls of the vessel, forming blood clots. The consequence of this can be myocardial infarction and stroke.
The causes of atherosclerosis can be both external and internal causes.
- External - stress, lack of exercise (low physical activity), smoking, excessive consumption of junk food.
- Internal - increased cholesterol, hypertension and overweight.
But atherosclerosis and coronary disease is not a sentence, they can be cured (or slow down the course of the disease) with the help of proper nutrition, moderate physical activity and the implementation of procedures prescribed by the doctor.
Maintaining proper energy metabolism
The love of representatives of the stronger sex for fatty, fried foods often leads to impaired energy metabolism. According to the rules of proper nutrition after 50, for a man with a weight of 80 kg and a height of 170 cm with low motor activity, the daily energy requirement is 2800 kcal, but often this norm is exceeded by two, or even three times. As a result, obesity develops.
But you can not allow a sharp change in calories consumed, because this is an additional stress for the body. This process should be gentle and gradual. Reducing the calorie content of dishes should not exceed 15% of the initial level.
Introduction to the diet of products that can reduce cholesterol (lipotropic)
For the prevention or treatment of atherosclerosis, you need to eat foods with low cholesterol, as well as products with the ability to lower this level.
Amino acids that help normalize cholesterol are found in:
- Fresh fish and seafood - mackerel, anchovies, sardines, herring, tuna, haddock and trout,
- Wild meat
- Unrefined vegetable oils - olive, bled, mustard,
- Cottage cheese
- Boiled beef
- Green tea.
Change main power
A daily meal should contain:
- Fresh fruits, vegetables and greens - at least 60% of total consumption,
- Nuts, legumes (beans and lentils are especially valuable, which contain calcium and Omega-3 - a natural defense against heart attacks and strokes),
- Boiled, baked or steamed meat and fish,
- Dairy and lactic acid products,
- Honey and dried fruits
- All kinds of cereals - especially rice, oatmeal, corn grits, barley,
- Green tea.
You have to forget about:
- Fatty sausages and smoked meats,
- Canned food
- Fast food
- Fried and spicy dishes,
- Coffee and black tea.
It is necessary to reduce the consumption of dishes prepared on animal fats. It is also recommended to limit salt intake, in order to avoid the deposition of salts in the joints, and to prevent the appearance of stone disease of the kidneys and gall bladder.
Meals should be fractional, five to six times a day. You need to give up snacks on the go.
Surprisingly, in adulthood, the body often experiences severe water shortages. This leads to premature aging of the cells and desolation of the blood (there is a very high risk of blood clots and, as a result, heart attacks and strokes). The daily rate of water for men after 50 - 2 liters of purified (but not mineral) water. Do not forget that milk, tea, coffee, juices have a diuretic effect, which means they remove valuable water from the body. An exception is green tea, which will help maintain water balance and lower blood cholesterol.
Replenishment of vitamins and minerals
After 50, the need for vitamins, macro and microelements, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the body, increases.
- Vitamin A is necessary to maintain the protective functions of the skin. It is found in large quantities in cottage cheese, seafood, beef liver and broccoli.
- B vitamins support the health of the nervous system, participate in the metabolism and are part of many enzymes. They are found in cereals, pasta and durum wheat bread, nuts, beef, herbs and green vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper).
- Vitamin C is an essential antioxidant. Regulates the hormones of the adrenal glands, thyroid gland and stimulates the immune system. Contained in citrus fruits, berries, as well as in some types of cabbage (red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower)
- Vitamin D is also essential. It is involved in the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus, as well as in the regeneration of bone tissue. Vitamin D intake can be increased by including a daily diet of lactic acid products, eggs, and meat offal. Such nutrition is the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin E is required for the normal functioning of the reproductive system. To get it, you need to add nuts, herbs, seafood, fish and dried fruits to the diet.
- The need for iodine, calcium, zinc and iron is increasing. They can be obtained with fruits, nuts, fish and seafood, buckwheat and oatmeal, beef, turkey meat.
It is recommended to use vitamin complexes, which are sold in excess in pharmacies.
Features of a diet for men after 50
Men rarely adhere to the principles of proper nutrition. At a young age, this does not have serious consequences, but due to an age-related slowdown in metabolism by the age of 50, they are faced with the problem of obesity. But at this age, dieting is a difficult test for the body, so doctors do not recommend harsh and rigid diets. They are based on proper nutrition and a small restriction on the number of calories consumed (10-15% of the daily norm). In addition, due to the peculiarities of protein metabolism at this age, any protein diets are prohibited, as this can lead to severe kidney damage.
In addition to diet, it is recommended to increase physical activity.
Exercise after 50
Men who have crossed the half-century line are recommended:
- Easy gymnastics without sudden movements and strength exercises,
- Exercise on a stationary bike,
- Yoga classes.
Twisting, sharp inclines, running and jumping are not recommended.The movement should be smooth, and breathing measured.
Remember: if dizziness, pain and palpitations occur, stop exercising immediately and consult a doctor.
Often, it seems that after 50 it’s too late to change something in your life. But this is not so, because just changing the diet, you can discover a second youth. The combination of proper nutrition, the absence of bad habits and the implementation of light physical exercises - this is the main secret of health and longevity.
Nutrition after 50 years, how to eat to live long?
50 years is the age when much has already been achieved, children have grown up, there is a career and strong family relationships, experience and wisdom. But what about health? Could we save it from a young age? How to strengthen the body after 50 years in order to feel good for a long time? It is necessary to take care of proper nutrition, because we get all the useful substances from food.
How to lose weight a man after 50 years: physical activity and eating habits
Everyone who at least once in a life has come to grips with overweight knows that over the years it becomes more and more unequal. If at a young age a person could not develop the right habits that provoke fat accumulation, then losing weight after 50 years will be quite difficult. At the heart of the "weight loss" system is moderate physical activity and proper nutrition.
Excess weight problems
A man who has reached the age of 50 and is suffering from the presence of excess weight, you need to think about how to lose weight painlessly. The main problems of overweight include:
- Increased load on the lower extremities (legs swell, quickly get tired and hurt).
- There is a risk of formation of spurs on the feet (in especially severe cases, a person experiences pain when getting out of bed in the morning).
- Problematic choice of shoes.
- The appearance of shortness of breath (observed while climbing stairs).
- Increase in pressure.
- Exacerbation of concomitant pathologies (there is a risk of penetration of new viruses into the body).
A man who wants to lose weight after 50 years should visit a qualified nutritionist who will develop the correct diet. An approximate menu of a losing weight man who exchanged the sixth dozen is as follows:
- For breakfast, it is recommended to eat one serving of oatmeal seasoned with milk, as well as no more than two hundred grams of low-fat cottage cheese with raisins.
- For the second breakfast, it is supposed to use fresh fruits or berries (no more than three hundred grams).
- Dine preferably with vegetable soup and a salad of fresh vegetables.
- For dinner, it is recommended to use several squash fritters, one serving of vinaigrette or two hundred grams of mashed potato.
In order to lose weight after 50 years, it is necessary to carry out a series of manipulations that contribute to the return of metabolism to a high level.
Given that after 50 years, the bones do not differ in the same strength. as in younger years, heavy loads should be avoided.
Intensive training is not recommended for people with pathologies of the cardiac or endocrine system. The best option is to perform gentle gymnastic exercises in the morning.
Before deciding to train, it is important to consult with your doctor.
In addition to performing exercises, a 50-year-old man is helped to lose weight by jogging or walking. Run or walk preferably in the morning, for twenty to twenty-five minutes.
A huge benefit for the body of a mature man is swimming, cycling, as well as any ball games in the air. Having replaced the “couch” way of life with an active one, a man can not only lose weight, but also extend his life.
Properly losing weight to a man who celebrated his 50th birthday will help following some tips:
- Servings should be small.
- Drinking alcohol should be reduced.
- Snacks need to be replaced with full breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Sleep should last at least eight hours.
- Rest must be active.
Diet and nutrition after 50 years
After 50 years, changes in the body occur in women and men. In women, menopause occurs, and in men, andropause or male menopause. During menopause, women are bothered by hot flashes, osteoporosis, obesity develops, which often leads to breast cancer, malfunctions of the cardiovascular system.
In men during the period of andropause or male menopause with a lack of testosterone - the male sex hormone and due to degenerative changes in the testicles, obesity occurs, cardiovascular and diseases of the musculoskeletal system appear, quality of life worsens, sexual function is upset, psychoemotional and somatic disorders appear.
Nutrition Rules After 50 Years
After 50 years, women and men should adhere to the principles of proper nutrition:
- Maintain energy balance.
Older people overeat daily, eating fatty and high-calorie foods, which are then deposited on the abdomen, hips, sides and other parts of the body, additionally loading many vital organs and systems.
To maintain energy balance, men and women just need proper nutrition after 50 years, as well as physical activity to burn excess calories.
- Introduce lipotropic foods.
Antisclerotic nutrition after 50 years may become after the introduction of products with lipotropic substances that reduce liver obesity into the diet. It occurs against the background of violations of the external secretion of the pancreas, with a lack of protein and the use of food with a high content of cholesterol and lipids.
Lipotropic properties are available in:
- fresh fish: mackerel, sardines, herring (not salted!) and vegetable oils. These products also incorporate omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. They strengthen blood vessels and remove cholesterol from menopause and normalize cardiac activity,
- low-fat cottage cheese and eggs,
- soy and soy flour.
- Adhere to the variety and balance of nutrition.
A diet after 50 years should consist of the following products:
- fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs,
- nuts, legumes, including beans - sources of calcium and Omega-3 to protect against diseases such as cancer, heart attack and stroke,
- lean meat and fish,
- lactic and lactic acid (kefir, yogurt and cottage cheese) to increase calcium levels and prevent osteoporosis,
- green fenugreek and flax seeds. They are rich in phytoextrogens, plant-based analogues of female sex hormones that can save a woman from estrogen deficiency during menopause,
- honey, dates and raisins, buckwheat and rice, oatmeal and pearl barley, corn, glucose-rich for brain nutrition.
Food should be regular and fractional, that is, 5-6 times a day, and portions should be small. Steamed, baked or boiled dishes are welcome.
Between meals, it is important to drink plain filtered water, at least 2 liters per day. Water will ensure normal functioning of the vessels and heart, since the blood will not thicken.
With a lack of water, blood clots form - blood clots. At the same time, milk, tea, juices are food that has diuretic properties.
Therefore, only water can prevent dehydration, which is very important after menopause.
- Introduce substances and products to stimulate the production of enzymes.
To facilitate the digestion of food, foods should be easily digestible and with the presence of folic acid, calcium, iodine, iron and copper to upgrade enzyme systems. Then the enzymes will be easier to split fish and cottage cheese, meat and legumes. Using spices can stimulate appetite and easier to digest food.
- Take vitamin complexes.
After 50 years, the food does not always contain the right amount of minerals and vitamins. Therefore, vitamin complexes from a pharmacy come to the rescue. Now you can choose vitamins adapted for those who are 50-60 years old and older, for example, Hypovitamins, Vitrum Centuri, Gerimax, Gerovital, Centrum Silver and vitamins for men or women, with menopause, from the heart and others.
- Exclude hazardous foods from the diet.
During menopause, you should abandon products that are harmful to the body, both a woman and a man:
- alcohol and spicy dishes - they contribute to the appearance of "hot flashes" in women with menopause. She feels heat, her face turns red and sweating appears. In men, when eating spicy foods while taking alcohol, the stomach “grows”, the libido and potency decrease,
- salt and salted products: pickles, tomatoes, sausages, sausages and other pickles and smoked products. Since sodium in the salt is a calcium antagonist and removes it into the blood from bones. With a loss of calcium, osteoporosis develops. Due to the fragility of the bones in women, fractures of the limbs, fingers and feet occur
- fatty, sweet and flour products. Such foods lead to obesity, which causes many health problems. Baking and rolls can cause breast cancer in women with menopause.
- Introduce daily exercise.
To activate the body's defenses, burn excess calories and get rid of obesity after 50 years, you should introduce daily gymnastics with some limitations. Not recommended:
- sharply perform tilts of the body and swings limbs. The range of motion should be minimal,
- exclude breaks between exercises. Rest should be 10-15 seconds, if necessary - 1 minute,
- jump and run fast. Brisk walking recommended
- often change sets of exercises. It is advisable to introduce new exercises once a month,
- to allow breath holdings when performing exercises. It must be deep and rhythmic,
- include power movements for the first 2-3 months,
- ignore pelvic floor and abdominal exercises,
- exclude rest after a set of exercises.
Diet after 50 years
Weight loss after 50 years should not affect the state of general health and individual organs and systems. In recipes for diets should be products containing proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, trace elements and vitamins in the required amount. This will help the body maintain a certain level of body temperature, sugar concentration and blood pressure.
Since losing weight after 50 years is necessary to ensure physical health, the diet should not have a lack of minerals and vitamins and an excess of animal proteins and fats, salt and sugar. Such an imbalance, on the contrary, will add kilograms and can lead to physical inactivity, diseases of the digestive system, including the liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, as well as cardiac.
How to make a diet:
- The diet needs to be built so that it daily contains proteins (mainly vegetable) - 80-100 g, carbohydrates - 400-450 g, fats 80-100 g. Plant foods should be 50-60%, carbohydrate - 30-35%, protein - 15-20%. Vegetable fats should not exceed the norm - 25-30 g / day.
- Products in recipes should contain polyunsaturated fatty acids, tocopherols, phospholipids, vitamins E, groups B, A, C, PP.
- Food should not be excessively dry and hot. It may contain very little salt, acid, spices, sweets. Meat, fish and poultry should not prevail in the diet.
- It is preferable to combine vegetables with cereals and rice. For dairy products: cottage cheese and yogurt are more suitable for vegetables and cereals.
- You can not combine vegetables and legumes, sour fruits and sour-milk products with whole milk.
- Water is not washed down with food. It should be drunk between meals - before and after, with an interval of 1-1.5 hours.
At noon, the main meal is transferred in connection with its active digestion at this time.
With fractional nutrition in small portions, the body will spend almost all of the energy on digesting this food, which prevents the deposition of fats.
Food menu after 50 years
Below is an example menu that you can create yourself.
|1st day||9-00||Stuffed eggs - 2 pcs. (minced meat: dried fruits or prunes), green tea, biscuit cookies - 3 pcs.|
|11-00||Sandwich with a paste: meat, chicken or liver, kefir - 1 tbsp.|
|13-00||A serving of green diet soup. Ingredients: cabbage and spinach, lettuce and mint, celery and parsley, olive oil (1 tsp). Rye bread with additives: raisins or dried apricots - 2 slices, buckwheat porridge - 200 g, 2 steam cutlets from fish, dried fruit compote - 1 tbsp.|
|15-00||Fruits: apples or pears - 2 pcs.|
|17-00||Salad: red cabbage and onions, apples and nuts, almonds and parsley, juice (or slices) of lemon and soybean oil (1 tbsp.) - 200 g, a sandwich with a paste and juice - 1 tbsp.|
|19-00||Kefir with garlic and dill - 1 tbsp.|
|2nd day||9-00||Omelette from protein of 3 eggs, boiled beets and carrots in the form of mashed potatoes (50 g each), cracker, green tea or lemon balm.|
|11-00||Baked apples or pears (2 pcs.).|
|13-00||Puree soup with rice and meat - 200 ml, fish and potato pudding - 150 g, berry juice, white bread - 1 slice.|
|15-00||Goat milk (1 cup), crackers.|
|17-00||Steam chicken souffle - 200 g, carrot zrazy with fruit filling - 150 g, berry jelly (1 tbsp.), White bread - 1 slice.|
|19-00||1 tbsp. rosehip infusion with 1 tsp. honey or mineral water b / gas.|
Puree soup with rice and meat
Cook rice (35 g) in 0.5 l. boiling water to a very mild state. Boil and grind beef meat (100 g). Combine and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Combine boiled milk (0.5 tbsp.) With egg yolk and warmed butter (15 g). Pour the mixture into the soup and bring to a boil, stirring the mass.
Fish and Potato Pudding
Boiled potatoes (50 g) should be wiped and mixed with milk (30 ml), the fish should be freed from bones and skins, boiled, cooled and chopped. Mix fish with potatoes and butter (5 g.). Add the yolk and whipped protein of one egg.
Lubricate the form with oil and put the fish and potato mixture there, sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Put the form in a deep pan, pour water to half the height of the form. Put the baking sheet in the oven preheated to 180 degrees.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
Steam chicken souffle
Grind boiled chicken (100 g). Combine boiled rice (10 g) and milk (30 ml), melted butter (3 g), beaten yolk and egg white. Lubricate the mold with oil and transfer all well-mixed components into it. Put the container in the bath and simmer for 20 minutes.
Carrot zrazy with fruit filling
Grate carrots (160 g) and mix with milk (30 ml), butter (5 g), and simmer, knead with a blender. Combine with beaten egg, sugar (5 g), wheat flour (5 g) and semolina (15 g) and let it swell. If there is little decoy, then you need to add to form cakes.
In the middle of the tortilla, put a berry or fruit filling (for all tortillas - 60 g), connect the edges and squeeze. Grease it with sour cream and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil all zrazy (5 g) and bake.
Salads for inclusion in the menu:
- From radishes and nuts: grate radishes (100 g - 15 pcs.) On a coarse grater and mix with ground nuts (9 pcs. - 40 g).
- From radishes and sour cream: grated radish (100 g) mixed with 2 tbsp. l sour cream and chopped green onions (1 tsp).
- From cottage cheese with radish: mix cottage cheese (3 tbsp.) With grated radish (6 pcs.), Chopped green onion (1 tsp.). Shaped, put 3 radishes on top and cover with lettuce.
- From cucumbers and feta cheese: mix finely chopped cucumbers (2 pcs.) With chopped leaves of lemon balm, dill, grated or diced feta cheese (150 g), seedless olives (5 pcs.). Season with lemon juice (2 tbsp. L.), Olive oil (1-2 tbsp. L.). Garnish with greens.
- From vegetables: chopped young boiled potatoes (100 g), radishes (10 pcs.), Cucumber (1-2 pcs.), Red onion (1 pc.), Greens (any). Add vegetable oil to the mixture (2 tbsp. L.). Insist salad in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- From fresh vegetables: grate a piece of beet and celery root, apple, carrot, chop cabbage (100 g) and herbs. Season with lemon juice.
- From cabbage, sweet pepper and apples: grate apples (2 pcs.) And cabbage (150 g) on a grater, cut onions into cubes, pepper - into strips (1 pc.), Chop nuts and almonds.Fill the mixture with lemon juice and soybean oil. Sprinkle with parsley (1 tbsp. L.).
- poached eggs are combined with a salad of fresh vegetables,
- eggs stuffed with boiled fish - combined with lettuce and juice,
- Soft-boiled eggs are combined with steam fish and grapefruit,
- eggs stuffed with cottage cheese or berries - complement with crackers or bread from 2 pieces,
- fried eggs on lettuce are complemented by bread and green tea.
You can diversify the menu with baked apples, hard pears. Do not forget about dried apricots, prunes, raisins, apricots and avocados, citrus fruits. To the side dishes you need to add green peas and green bean pods.
When losing weight, steam or baked dishes from dietary meat are welcome: chicken or turkey, young veal, fish. Stew meat well with vegetables (without cabbage) celery, parsley, onions and herbs, peas and green bean pods.