Can lower back hurt with hemorrhoids? 4 signs of hemorrhoidal lower back pain
At the bottom of the rectum there are three cavernous bodies that look like pads - hemorrhoids. Normally, they do not interfere with a person.
But from the influence of a number of factors, blood stagnation occurs in them, which is why they increase in size. An increase in hemorrhoids is sometimes accompanied by bleeding and sharp pain due to rupture of the swollen vein walls.
It is about the nature of pain in hemorrhoids that we will talk in the article that is presented below.
Overview of the disease in men
An increase in hemorrhoids especially often persists men from twenty to fifty years old who are overweight, suffer from constipation, constantly sitting or, conversely, have work with a standing standing position, experiencing excessive physical exertion.
It also occurs in old age with a natural decrease in muscle tone, after surgery in the tissue of the rectum. So, let's see how hemorrhoids hurt at various stages of development:
- At the initial stage of the disease, a man feels like a foreign body is placed in the anus, it’s hard in the lower abdomen.
These sensations are caused by the overflow of blood in the cavernous bodies of hemorrhoids. They are aggravated by malnutrition, intestinal upsets, diarrhea or constipation.
Our website contains the following materials about proper nutrition:
- what you can and cannot eat with hemorrhoids,
- rules for building proper nutrition,
- approximate daily diet
- diet for exacerbations of hemorrhoids,
- diet for hemorrhoids and rectal fissures.
Now that you know why hemorrhoids hurt, let's move on to discussing the list of these very painful sensations in men with this delicate disease.
Does the stomach hurt with hemorrhoids? Yes, along with other symptoms, the patient during bowel movements experiences spasmodic pain in the abdomen.
Can hemorrhoids hurt the lower abdomen? With internal hemorrhoids, the lower abdomen constantly hurts. The abdomen begins to hurt in the second stage of hemorrhoids.
Why does hemorrhoids lower abdomen hurt? Abdominal pain with hemorrhoids is caused by irregular bowel movements, constipation.
Most often, with hemorrhoids, the right side of the abdomen and the left hurt. Bloating, a feeling of heaviness are added to abdominal pain.
Can lower back hurt with hemorrhoids? Typically, lower back pain begins at the 2nd stage of external hemorrhoids. To that sharp pains in the lower abdomen are added, in the head, not passing the weight of the intestines.
Thus, we can conclude that with hemorrhoids, the lower back can hurt and this is a symptom of a progressive disease, which is why if you find discomfort, you need to seek help from a specialist.
Can lower back hurt from hemorrhoids? Usually back pain speaks of pathology of the spine.
But, with exacerbation of hemorrhoids, with a stationary position of the body, a person also experiences pain in the back. If the lower back hurts with hemorrhoids, then doctors advise just to change the pose.
Can the tailbone hurt from hemorrhoids? Yes, some people find tailbone pain an indispensable sign of hemorrhoids, but they are not always caused precisely by this disease.
Coccyx pain in hemorrhoids can be caused by pinched nerves, tight clothing, trauma, pathological changes in the bones. The true cause is revealed only by a medical examination.
In the initial stages of the disease, patients complain of a foreign body sensation in the anus, discomfort during bowel movements, after it, but the pain is short-lived, insignificant and definitely not localized. Patients say, in such cases, pain in the buttocks.
With the development of the disease, the pain in the butt becomes long or constant, they feel stronger closer to the anus, but are given all over the ass, in the groin. It becomes painful to sit, especially on the toilet. How to cope with hemorrhoids is described here.
The nature of severe pain in the buttocks with hemorrhoids is different depending on their cause:
- With constipation, it is felt after defecation or during it. After stool normalization, this symptom temporarily disappears.
- If blood clots form on the external nodes, if the internal nodes are inflamed or pinched, a person feels severe pain in the buttocks after defecation.
Can legs hurt from hemorrhoids? Undoubtedly, with hemorrhoids it is difficult not only to sit and perform bowel movements, but also to stand and walk. There are many nerve endings in the anusTherefore, when walking, the pain intensifies and is given to the legs.
Pain during bowel movements
An increase in hemorrhoids is caused by varicose veins passing at the anus. Normally, vein valves direct blood to the heart.
Excessive pressure on the valves makes them unable to perform such a function. Blood stagnates or flows in the wrong direction.
The vein is overflowing with blood, hemorrhoids are formed. From stagnation, blood clots develop in the vessels, for the removal of which in serious cases an operation is required.
The main reason for the development of hemorrhoids is excessive tension during bowel movements. More often a person strains the muscles of the buttocks with constipation.
An increase in hemorrhoids at the initial stage is not always accompanied by pain. The surest symptom of the disease is the appearance during bowel movements, after it, bright drops of blood over feces in the toilet, on toilet paper.
In the anus of pain, itching appears with the further development of the disease. They talk about vascular thrombosis, inflammation, cracks in the epithelium of the anus, the initial stage of an attack of acute hemorrhoids.
It is painful to touch the hemorrhoidal nodes, they grow up to 2 centimeters. Most often this comes from physical exertion, non-compliance with the diet.
Burning, itching in the anus from erosion of the walls of the nodes is accompanied by mucus discharge, which irritates the skin. This often leads to eczema. From attempts at defecation, hemorrhoids fall out.
Now, let's talk about pain with hemorrhoids at various stages of the disease:
- On first stages after the end of bowel movement, which is accompanied by pain, burning, itching, they are eliminated independently.
- On the second they fall out not only in the toilet, but also with significant physical exertion, they must be inserted mechanically back. This is very painful. Defecation is accompanied by acute pain.
- On third stages the nodes fall out at any load; it is impossible to straighten them out yourself. If you do not take action, they fester and die.
It should be noted the described phenomena may be symptoms of other diseases, in particular, oncological. For an accurate diagnosis, a proctologist examination is necessary, sometimes an x-ray.
With an internal increase in hemorrhoids, the veins of the anal canal swell, the veins near the anus swell with the external. Sometimes both occur simultaneously.
Hemorrhoids are chronic and acute. In the chronic form of patients, constant itching and burning, continuous incessant dull pain in the anus are followed. The acute form is caused by inflammation of the hemorrhoids, which is accompanied by sharp pain in the anus.
With anal fissures, pain is especially unpleasant. They are compared with pain with the development of inflammation on the skin.
Cracks do not heal for a long time, bleed. They worsen with the passage of feces, constipation.
To one degree or another, hemorrhoids today suffer from 15-20 percent of the population. At risk are people working sitting, especially spending a lot of time at the computer.
Hemorrhoid disease is painful, extremely unpleasant, but not fatal. If you take measures in time, follow the doctor’s prescription, you can really get rid of the uncomfortable feelings forever.
Why does lower back from hemorrhoids hurt?
Hemorrhoids in the anus are the most common symptom. The cause of the pain lies in the inflammatory process of the anorectal region, since swollen tissues compress pain receptors, which provokes this unpleasant sensation.
An important role in the occurrence of pain in hemorrhoids is played by spasm of the muscles of the anus, the development of complications of the disease, damage to nodes by hardened feces during bowel movements, tight linen, hard surface of the stool, etc.
Pain in patients with hemorrhoids is always associated with the act of defecation, and with external localization of nodes, painful sensations are present from the first days of the disease.
At the same time, internal hemorrhoids in the initial stages in most patients are asymptomatic. Pain sensations begin to bother when the nodes become large enough and sag out through the anal ring, which also occurs mainly when visiting the restroom.
But worst of all, when the pain is not limited to the anus, but spreads to neighboring organs, tissues and areas of the body. Therefore, such a combination as lower back pain and hemorrhoids is not uncommon.
With hemorrhoids, lower back pain spreads due to the innervation of this area of the body. In the pelvis there is a very large number of nerve endings, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the organs that are in it, in particular the rectum. The signals from the pain receptors of the rectum are sent to the nerve nodes, which are located in the lateral columns of the lumbar segments of the spinal cord, which explains this irradiation of pain.
Most often, irradiation of pain in the lumbar spine is observed in patients with rectal hemorrhoids of stage 3-4, because with advanced forms of the disease, complications may appear. After all, with the appearance of various complications, the pain is so severe that it hurts patients to sit, walk and even lie. In addition, with such pain, painkillers do not always help.
In such cases, it is urgent to contact specialists for help, because getting rid of pain can only be done by eliminating their cause - hemorrhoids.
In patients with hemorrhoids, the back hurts for two reasons, namely:
- with an exacerbation of hemorrhoidal disease, patients try to alleviate their condition in various ways, including taking a forced position of the body, and such poses are not always physiological and comfortable. The pain in the anus can and can be relieved, but there is an excessive tension of the back muscles, which will provoke pain in it,
- irradiation of back pain along nerve roots.
Bole in the back caused by hemorrhoids is characterized by the appearance only during an exacerbation of the process or the development of its complications. But in any case, you need to contact a specialist who will help alleviate the condition and rule out other causes.
Coccyx pain in hemorrhoidal disease is very rare, therefore, in the first place, other causes of pain should be excluded.
But nevertheless, if the connection of pain in the tailbone and hemorrhoids is proved, then this symptom most often occurs not because of the hemorrhoidal cones, but because of the constipation that they provoke, inflammation of pararectal tissues or rectal fistulas.
Lower abdominal pain
Does the stomach hurt with an attack of hemorrhoids? Unfortunately, the answer to this question is yes. Often, patients are kneaded that during an exacerbation of hemorrhoids, their lower abdomen is pulled and aching.Although the pain is not too intense, it brings a lot of trouble. What are these pains associated with:
The main cause of pain in the lower abdomen with hemorrhoidal disease is the irradiation of pain from the rectum, which arise from damage to the nodes by hardened feces. Moreover, such a spread of pain is observed only with internal hemorrhoids.
How to get rid of back pain with hemorrhoids?
Since the main cause of lumbar pain in patients with hemorrhoids is the presence of hemorrhoidal nodes or the development of complications, then you can get rid of this unpleasant symptom only by curing hemorrhoidal disease.
The treatment of hemorrhoids is based on the following principles:
- increased motor activity,
- taking drugs with venotonic and angioprotective effects (Venarus, Detralex, Phlebodia 600, Troxevasin, Eskuzan and others),
- the use of local drugs that help eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of hemorrhoids, including pain. In case of internal hemorrhoids, rectal suppositories are mainly used, among which the most effective are Proctosedil M, Relif Advance, Ultraproct, Procto-Glivenol, Proctosan, Olestesin and others,
- the use of folk remedies (baths, microclysters, home-made candles and ointments), which complement the traditional treatment.
You can also alleviate the condition with the help of painkillers such as Spazmolgon, Nurofen, Ksefokam, Nimesil and others. With severe pain, novocaine blockades can be performed.
Conservative therapy is effective in the initial stages of hemorrhoids, but when the disease has reached stages 3-4, then you have to resort to surgical treatment.
Other causes of lower back pain: how to distinguish?
Despite the fact that lumbar pain in patients with hemorrhoids is not uncommon, the causes of this symptom can still be associated diseases such as:
- spinal column diseases (osteochondrosis, scoliosis, lordosis, herniated discs, vertebral injuries),
- joint diseases (tuberculosis of the joints, hip arthrosis and arthritis),
- oncological diseases of the skeletal system, urinary and digestive systems,
- digestive system diseases (intestinal obstruction, colitis, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, appendicitis),
- pathology of the urinary system (urolithiasis, cystitis, pyelonephritis) and others.
The following features will help distinguish hemorrhoidal pain in the lumbar region of the body from the above diseases:
- pain is always associated with exacerbation of hemorrhoids,
- pains occur or increase during bowel movements,
- soreness is worse when sitting, especially on hard surfaces,
- the pains are aching pulling in nature, but during the development of complications can become pulsating, pressing or spastic.
In this state, the pain becomes sharp and severe during any movement and requires medical attention.
In order to determine the exact cause of lumbar pain, a comprehensive examination of the body is carried out, especially radiography of the lumbar spine. In addition, you may need an ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity, fibrocolonoscopy, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging, as well as many others.
If you suffer from hemorrhoids and you have lumbar pain, then in no case do self-diagnosis and especially self-medication, but immediately contact a proctologist. Only a proctologist after a set of diagnostic methods will determine whether your lower back can be sick from hemorrhoids or is it due to other reasons.
How is the anus arranged?
Anal opening. which ends the digestive tract, is the distal part of the rectum, which is annularly covered by the anal sphincter.During defecation, the smooth muscles of the rectum tighten, and the sphincter, on the contrary, relaxes, as a result of which the anus is open and the feces are pushed out.
To facilitate the movement of feces in the rectum, there are folds of the mucous membrane, one of them is spiral-shaped, making one and a half turns. As a result, the stool, moving along the rectum, like # 171, is screwed out # 187 outward, which reduces the risk of damage to the walls of the organ.
In addition, the rectum is rich in glands, which produce a thick and viscous mucus that protects its wall from injury.
Also in the anus are venous plexuses located in the submucosal layer. The outflow of blood through these veins is carried out into the inferior vena cava without passing through the liver.
This feature of the outflow of blood in the rectum is successfully used in medicine: various drugs introduced into the anus begin to act faster and are more effective because they are not neutralized in the liver.
However, these veins are prone to expansion and inflammation due to adverse factors or due to a hereditary predisposition. The expansion and inflammation of these veins is called hemorrhoids, and they themselves therefore are called hemorrhoidal.
Causes of Anal Pain
The pain in the anus is dull and aching, and sharp and throbbing, regardless of why it occurred. In most cases, severe pain is observed in cases where the process is in the acute phase, and when the transition to a chronic form, the pain becomes less intense. Most often it hurts in the anus due to the following pathological conditions:
In addition, the pain can be given to the anus and lower abdomen with osteohodrosis of the spine, especially if the lower back is affected. Also in the lower abdomen and anus often gives pain from the pelvic organs.
Women can be bothered by the lower abdomen on certain days of the menstrual cycle.
Since the perianal region and lower abdomen are richly innervated, the pain of this localization can be associated with any other diseases that can cause the development of neuralgia.
Of course, in such cases, the lower abdomen does not hurt very intensely, the pain is usually not acute, but is pulling in nature. But to find out its cause, as in the cases when it gives to the lower abdomen from a pinched lumbar nerve, it becomes quite a difficult task.
How to relieve anal pain?
Before finding out the reason why pain in the rectum appeared, to improve the condition, you can take fairly simple measures available to everyone.
Warm sitting baths are an effective way to relieve pain in cases where the lower abdomen and anus are sore due to muscle spasm. However, with hemorrhoids and ruptures of the mucosa, caution is necessary to avoid bleeding, the water should not be too hot.
Local anesthetics, used in the form of rectal suppositories, are quite effective in relieving pain in the rectum. If they are not at hand, as well as when the lower abdomen and anus hurt at the same time and candles alone are not enough, you can supplement them with tableted analgesics.
If the pain in the anus is associated with an act of defecation and its cause is dense feces, it is necessary to increase fluid intake simultaneously with the normalization of stool. Sometimes only this measure may already be enough to soften feces and relieve pain in the rectum.
They very well contribute to the normalization of the intestines and the elimination of chronic pain in cases where the lower abdomen regularly aches due to congestion, swimming and physical exercises aimed at improving blood circulation in this area. However, weight lifting during pain in the anus should be avoided.
In cases where the lower abdomen and the anus hurt due to emotional overstrain, and there is no pathology directly in the rectum, a walk in the fresh air can be a sufficient measure to stop the pain syndrome.
Pain sensations with hemorrhoids are different. It all depends on why the nodes appeared, the pain threshold and the age of the person. The early stages of the course are characterized by the presence of uncomfortable sensations that do not cause severe pain. In the process of defecation and after that there is a feeling of finding a foreign body in the anus.
Pain may occur, but they are short-lived. For many, they are almost invisible. But the disease begins to develop. At risk are those who lead an inactive life, constantly sitting and moving a little, eating spicy and salty foods.
The development of nodes and their growth can no longer remain invisible to humans. The pain intensifies. And they affect some areas of our body. The second stage of hemorrhoids begins.
Hemorrhoids lower back pain appears in the second stage. In addition, pain may occur in the head and lower abdomen. They are sharp. In the intestines, a person feels a passing sensation of heaviness.
The appearance of such pains should encourage the patient to urgently see a doctor, because delay and the lack of adequate treatment can lead to surgery. And recovery after surgery takes several weeks in the absence of complications. Do not wait for the pain to pass.
They only intensify. With hemorrhoids, lower back pain often. Although not only in the presence of this disease.
What else can lower back pain be associated with?
Hemorrhoids - a serious disease, but it can not be attributed to latent or insidious. Its symptoms are pronounced. Pain in the lumbar region is not always associated with hemorrhoids, this must be understood. There are diseases that can cause these pains:
- bone defects
- oncological diseases,
- diseases of an infectious nature (tuberculosis, brucellosis, epidural abscess),
- condition before a stroke,
- gastrointestinal problems (intestinal obstruction, acute appendicitis, which is atypical)
- kidney problems
From this we can conclude that hemorrhoids is not the only culprit in the occurrence of uncomfortable pain in the lower back.
In advanced forms of hemorrhoids, patients may experience painful cramps. It is impossible to cope with them until the cure of the disease.
But they can be reduced with the help of certain procedures and alternative methods of treatment. Aloe and garlic suppositories will help.
(No ratings yet)
Pain in the anus in women - causes
The anus and rectum are the final part of the digestive system.
Therefore, some diseases of the digestive tract can provoke pain in the anus in women - the causes of this symptom, as a rule, consist in the development of inflammatory processes.
But there are other factors that cause this unpleasant clinical manifestation. An important point in the diagnosis is the establishment of the nature of the pain syndrome, its time duration and severity.
Why do women have pulling or aching pain in the anus?
At the beginning of the cycle, most women suffer from premenstrual syndrome, one of the signs of which is mild pulling pain in the anus.
It is felt due to the presence of an internal cavity between the rectum and the uterus (Douglas space).
During menstruation, a small amount of fluid accumulates in it, exerting pressure on the anus. Usually the discomfort disappears after 1-2 days.
Other causes of the symptom described are:
- malignant tumor, metastases in the rectum,
- gynecological diseases
- sexually transmitted diseases
- urinary system diseases
If the pain in the anus in women is felt only at night, there is a proctological fugue. This phenomenon is a short-term spasm of the muscles of the rectum. In fact, this syndrome is not a disease, it goes away on its own.
What causes a sharp pain in the anus in women?
The acute nature of the pain is presumably associated with the following problems:
- anal fissure
- thrombosis and inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins,
- protrusion of hemorrhoids outward,
- rectal prolapse,
- infringement of the hemorrhoid,
- purulent paraproctitis,
- polyps in the rectum,
- damage to the digestive system with helminths,
- the presence in the rectum of a foreign body,
- inflammation of the appenidix,
- anal ulcer.
To clarify the diagnosis and differentiation of other diseases, it is necessary to pay attention to the accompanying symptoms of inflammatory or purulent processes, the presence of blood in the feces, the severity of dyspeptic disorders, body temperature, skin condition around the anus.
What are the causes of severe dull pain in the anus in women?
The considered type of pain is quite rare. In proctological practice, such symptoms are associated with such diseases:
- coccyalgia (pain in the tailbone),
- fistula of the rectum,
- inflammation of the pilonidal sinus,
- stenosis of the anal canal,
- rectal cysts,
- osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine,
- inflammation of the epithelial coccygeal passage,
- chronic constipation
- conditions accompanied by frequent diarrhea,
- neuralgia in the pelvic or lower back,
- submucosal abscess in the rectum,
- subcutaneous paraproctitis,
- sphincteritis (in combination with other diseases of the digestive system),
- anal itching.
Moreover, a sedentary lifestyle can become the cause of pain in the anus in women. This phenomenon is especially common in professional activities that require a long stay in a sitting position (office workers, seamstresses, managers, teachers).
In such situations, blood circulation is disturbed in the pelvic and rectal areas, to which the nerve endings in the form of dull mild pain immediately respond. Also, unpleasant sensations are amplified if you sit on a hard or uncomfortable chair for a long time without supporting the lower back.
No comments yet!
Pain in the coccyx in men
Discomfort, backache or sharp pains in the coccyx in men can occur periodically and indicate the presence of more serious pathologies of the back or internal organs. Therefore, if any pain occurs of any nature, it is necessary to seek medical advice in a timely manner so that he prescribes diagnostic procedures.
The tailbone itself has long lost its main purpose and is now part of the spine, which is located next to many nerve endings and vital organs. Therefore, its soreness or inconvenience when sitting can indicate inflammatory processes in the genitourinary system or a violation of the intestines in a man.
Causes of Pain
As soon as the symptoms gain serious momentum, many patients begin to worry about the question - why is the tailbone in men and what can cause it. Consider the main causes of pain in this area:
- Bowel obstruction and impaired functioning. Bloating, prolonged constipation, problems with bowel movements and excessive flatulence cause discomfort and discomfort in the lower abdomen.
- Inflammatory processes on the mucous membranes and pathological expansion of the veins of the rectum. These are diseases such as proctitis, hemorrhoids and others.With cracks in the anus, a man has problems with bowel movements and pain. An inflammatory disease can affect the rectum, so immediate treatment is needed.
- Malignant oncological formations. Tumors occur at the site of bruises, injuries, cracks or cystic formations and cause a man considerable discomfort.
- Skin rashes and structural changes in the coccyx.
- Inflammation of the prostate and bladder due to an infectious disease, the infection of which occurred through sexual intercourse.
- Cystic formation due to congenital abnormalities of the motor apparatus. Exudate or transudate can accumulate in the cyst, causing discomfort and pain when pressed. In this case, urgent surgical intervention is necessary, since the cyst can eventually develop into a malignant formation.
- Diseases of the abdominal organs. Inflammatory processes in the abdominal organs can spread to other viscera and bone formations, so you need to pay attention to diseases of the liver, bladder and other organs in time.
- Nervousness and wear of the nervous system. Psycho-emotional diseases and stress are directly related to the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, after prolonged stress, a man may experience constipation, pain near the anus, and dyspeptic indigestion.
- Permanent sitting on soft chairs, sofas or other furniture. Low activity and a sitting position leads to pain in the tissues located below the tailbone.
- Degenerative diseases of the spine. Such diseases include osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis and others. Pinched nerve endings cause severe aching pain. Loss of elasticity of the intervertebral discs leads to aching constant pain in the entire spine.
- Damage to the sacrococcygeal department. These include sprains, soft tissue injuries and bone fractures. Formed cracks and torn ligaments cause inflammatory reactions that cause a number of other symptoms.
Coccygeal ailments most often occur in men who lead an irregular and sedentary lifestyle. These are mainly office workers, truckers and taxi drivers who are forced to spend most of the day in a sitting position.
Osteochondrosis affects the intervertebral discs, ligaments and joints of the spine, causing severe pain, discomfort and stiffness in movements
Pain in the coccyx can occur both above and below the bone structure. It is almost impossible to independently determine the cause and start the correct course of treatment, so the patient should consult a specialist. This may be a surgeon, traumatologist, urologist or proctologist, depending on the characteristic symptoms.
If the pain is caused by blood discharge or prolapse of the rectum from the anus, then the person will have to consult a proctologist who will conduct a preliminary examination and schedule the tests. In the case when the pathology has adopted an irreversible process, surgical intervention may be required.
If you suspect cystitis or prostate adenoma, which is accompanied by painful urination, uncharacteristic discharge from the penis and pulling pains in the lower abdomen, you should contact a urologist. The doctor will carefully conduct the diagnosis and tell you what to do next.
When it comes to degenerative diseases associated with spinal injuries, then they turn to a traumatologist or vertebrologist. Often, diseases are associated with pinched nerves and disruption of the intervertebral discs, so specialists prescribe procedures for computed or magnetic resonance imaging with an examination of the entire back.
CT is based on x-rays, which are recorded in all body tissues in different ways. The method allows you to study in detail the structure of the spine and determine the causes of coccyx diseases in men. MRI, in turn, is based on safe electromagnetic radiation, which is well suited for examining the soft tissues of the back for the presence of cancerous tumors.
MRI is the safest way to study, which allows you to identify foci of inflammation and structural changes in the tissues of the body
Depending on the results of the study, the doctor selects an individual course of treatment for the patient. If the pathology is associated with metabolic disorders in the spine, degenerative or proctological diseases, then the specialist prescribes:
- Conducting physiotherapeutic procedures or gymnastic exercises. Gymnastics has a positive effect on blood circulation and sprain. In the case when the patient has pinched nerves or a vertebral hernia, then physical procedures will help prevent the further development of the disease and reduce pain.
- The use of medications that remove swelling and pain. Specialists are prescribed to take analgesics or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- In case of proctological problems, rectal suppositories and ointments are prescribed, which stimulate the blood supply to the veins of the rectum and contribute to the regeneration of damaged tissues.
Also a prerequisite for proper therapy is to reduce the minimum load on all parts of the back. Physical labor should be moderate and not include heavy lifting with heavy weights, and heavy exhausting work.
The patient is offered massage services and acupuncture sessions that improve blood flow and promote recovery.
Massage should be performed only by a highly qualified specialist, after becoming familiar with the patient’s diagnosis in detail.
With degenerative diseases (osteochondrosis, arthritis), spinal injuries and postoperative conditions, the following medications are prescribed:
- Analgesics. Painkillers that act directly on the foci of inflammation. Such drugs include Aspirin, Nalbufin, Solpadein, Paracetamol.
- Muscle relaxants. Effective drugs that reduce muscle tone and reduce motor activity. They are used for muscle cramps, clamping of nerve endings and feelings of stiffness. These include: Midokalm, Tolperil, Sirdalud and others.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This group of drugs has antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, therefore it is effectively used for painful conditions of the spine. These include: Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen.
- Means used in pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. Such drugs include drugs for glucosamine hydrochloride and chondroitin sulfate (Teraflex, Artron Triaktiv Forte, Osteoarthritis). They stimulate the regeneration of cartilage, reduce inflammation and pain.
Teraflex is used for neuralgia, rheumatic and muscle pain
All painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs are produced in various dosage forms, so they can be pricked, used in tablets, capsules, powder and applied as an ointment, gel or cream.
If a man has a serious tailbone injury, then doctors prescribe an immediate surgical removal of this structure.
Surgical intervention is also performed if it is necessary to remove hemorrhoidal nodes of the rectum, due to severe forms of external hemorrhoids.
Traditional methods of treating pain
Alternative methods of treatment help in the early stages of the development of the disease.Such treatment is recommended only after consulting a doctor so that no further complications arise.
For severe pain, the following procedures should be performed. A compress of vinegar and honey. To prepare a healing mixture, you need to take 100 ml of vinegar and 200 g of honey.
After which the mixture is rubbed onto painful areas of the body and covered with gauze. Every 2-3 hours, the procedure must be repeated.
Another compress that helps with spinal injuries is made from Vishnevsky ointment. The ointment is applied in a uniform layer on the gauze section and placed on a portion of the body where inflammatory processes are observed.
After which the place is wrapped in a towel or cellophane for a better effect. The warming and anti-inflammatory properties of iodine help to alleviate the condition of the patient.
Therefore, for the effect, an iodine grid is applied, after which the patient is put to bed.
At this time, muscle tone decreases, and the bruising disappears. To achieve the best effect, it is recommended to wrap the place with a towel or a warm cloth.
Blue clay has healing properties. To prepare the mixture you will need 400 g of blue clay and 1 teaspoon of vinegar, after which all components are mixed. A small cast is being prepared, which is applied to the sore spot and fixed with a gauze cut. Treatment with folk remedies should last 7-10 days, after which muscle pain and swelling should go away.
Great motivation is playing sports with your soulmate
With the help of preventive procedures, it is possible to prevent the development of many diseases of the back and genitourinary system, respectively, to reduce the risk of coccyx pain in men. The methods of prevention include:
- periodic exercise,
- avoid lifting heavy weights and excessive physical exertion,
- exclude carbonated drinks and products that cause gas contamination of the intestine from the diet,
- perform daily personal hygiene procedures,
- perform preventive diagnostics every year,
- consult a doctor on time, in case of discomfort and sharp backache,
- take outdoor walks every day.
Adhering to these rules, each person will be able to maintain their health in good health. This requires a minimum amount of effort, which in the future will avoid the long-term treatment of serious pathologies.
Low back pain: Sore in the sacrum and pelvis, or between the shoulder blades and tailbone
Almost every second person over 35 suffers from lower back pain. There are a lot of reasons for this - from banal muscle tension to serious diseases indicated by trigger points.
By the nature and localization of pain, a preliminary diagnosis can be made. However, the clinical picture is unclear, therefore, if a pain syndrome occurs, you should consult a doctor for a detailed examination.
Causes of pain
Pain is not a disease, but a symptom of a disease. First of all, the doctor suspects a pathology of the spine. Among the possible causes of pain in different zones of the lower back are called:
- osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral,
- protrusion or hernia of the intervertebral disc,
- myositis (muscle inflammation),
- arthritis of the vertebral joints,
- Ankylosing spondylitis,
- vertebral displacement
- curvature of the spine (scoliosis, lordosis),
- back injuries
- swelling of the spine
- muscle spasm
- excessive physical stress.
If we talk about diseases of the internal organs in which lumbar pain occurs, then everything depends on in which part of the back the pain center is located (from the lower back to the neck, in the back in the shoulder blade or in the tailbone in the back).
On the right side
Pain radiating to the right side of the back is usually associated with diseases of the liver and gall bladder. In gallstone disease, stones enter the bile ducts, and the patient develops hepatic colic.
Important! Among the possible causes: gynecological problems in women, prostatitis in men, urolithiasis.
On the left side
Pain in the left back is an alarming symptom. To the left is the heart, pancreas. With a heart attack, the pain radiates to the left shoulder, arm and left zone of the lower back. Pancreatitis is characterized by girdle pain, palpitations and a drop in pressure.
For this reason, with pancreatitis, a heart attack is often suspected and vice versa. For differential diagnosis, it is necessary to make a cardiogram and ultrasound of the abdominal organs.
Symptoms depend on the form of hemorrhoids: it can be internal and external. In the first case, the disease is more complicated: nodules and cones form in the lower segment of the intestine, at a distance of about 4-6 cm.
With the external form of the disease, the hemorrhoid increases in size and exits the anus or occurs in its folds. Pathology is accompanied by painful sensations, itching and discomfort, which intensify during bowel movements.
The main symptoms of hemorrhoids:
- itching and burning in the anus,
- discomfort and pain in the anus, especially during bowel movements,
- protrusion of hemorrhoid cones and nodes out,
- swelling of the tissues and skin around the anus.
Men with hemorrhoids often experience erectile dysfunction. It can occur even at the initial stage of the disease.
Reference. When asked whether the abdomen can be sick with hemorrhoids, doctors answer that most often painful cramps are observed with the internal form of the disease, with the external it is much less common.
Pain in the lower back, in the coccyx on both sides indicates intestinal pathologies (colitis), gynecological diseases. In men, the lower back hurts with prostatitis or hemorrhoids. Pain in the sacrum also accompanies a woman in the postpartum period due to the fact that the vertebrae move during childbirth.
Pain in the lower back and lower abdomen with hemorrhoids
Painful cramps with hemorrhoids may be associated with various provoking factors.
Why do pain occur in the lower abdomen and back? There are several possible reasons.:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system and joints, developing against the background of impaired blood outflow.
- Psychosomatic and reflex problems.
- Pathology of the digestive tract.
- Irritable rectal syndrome associated with inflammatory processes in the intestine.
- Painful and bleeding anal fissures.
Patient reviews confirm that one of the most common causes pain in the lower abdomen and lower back - a violation of intestinal motility. It becomes delayed or accelerated, leading to constipation or diarrhea.
In most cases, women face a similar problem in the background gynecological diseases of an inflammatory nature:
- ovarian cyst,
- cervical erosion,
- inflammatory processes in the uterus.
Another common reason - pregnancy (including ectopic) with existing hemorrhoids.
The pain can be localized on the left, right or in the perineum. The gynecologist will make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Men most often experience painful cramps in the abdomen and lower back. with pathologies of the urinary and reproductive systems (prostate adenoma, prostatitis, urolithiasis).
Common causes include unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle.
The answer to the question of whether the lower abdomen and lower back hurts with hemorrhoids, depends solely on the individual characteristics of the body. In some cases, pain can be given to the buttocks, perineum and legs.
Patients often perceive spasms in the back and abdomen as a sign of other diseases. internal organs.This greatly complicates the diagnosis of hemorrhoids, as a result of which the disease is detected already in the later, advanced stages. Therefore, it is very important to timely detect the cause of pain and begin treatment.
Dependence on the type of hemorrhoids
Pain in the lower abdomen and lower back, which can give to the legs and buttocks, most often occurs with internal hemorrhoids. This is due to the fact that hemorrhoids are formed on the inside of the rectum, which cannot but have a negative effect on the work of other organs.
External hemorrhoids can also be accompanied by pains in the lower abdomen and back.. Most often, they develop against the background of pinched hemorrhoidal nodes and cones or their injury by dense, solid fecal masses. The location of spasms is the right side of the abdominal cavity or groin.
What is the pain syndrome
The cause of severe painful cramps in the peritoneum and lower back with the internal type of hemorrhoids It is associated not only with the act of defecation, but also with intestinal motility. With the external form of the disease, pain appears due to bleeding cracks in the anus and trauma to the anus with solid feces.
Pain indicates that hemorrhoids occur in a severe, neglected, complicated form and have a negative effect on the work of other internal organs.
Sore under the ribs
Acute pain in the ribs indicates intercostal neuralgia. If dull or sharp pain is felt in the hypochondrium, this indicates problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Among the possible diseases: a stomach ulcer, cholecystitis, gallstones, pancreatitis.
Pain in the lower abdomen and back may be associated with other diseases. internal organs (pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, intestinal motility disorders, diseases of the cardiovascular system).
Cramps in the lower back arise against a background of pathologies joints, osteochondrosis, radiculitis and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
How to eliminate pain
Treatment of pain in the lower abdomen and back should begin with therapy underlying disease, i.e. hemorrhoids. Unpleasant sensations can be associated with gynecological or urological diseases, pathologies of the heart, digestive tract or musculoskeletal system.
To effectively eliminate pain, it is important to correctly diagnose the root cause of cramping. Only a doctor can do this: he will conduct a full examination and prescribe the necessary tests.
General recommendations will help improve a person’s condition and relieve him of pain in the abdomen and lower back:
- To improve bowel function, daily walks are needed.
- With intense cramping, you can take an anesthetic drug - Ibuprofen.
- Be sure to eat right, follow a diet.
- Do not wear too tight, tight clothing that puts pressure on the crotch.
- With regular constipation, you can use decoctions of medicinal herbs with a laxative effect.
An integrated approach combining drug therapy, a balanced diet and an active lifestyle will help get rid of pain and improve the well-being of the patient.
Drug therapy for hemorrhoids is carried out only under the supervision of a proctologistwho prescribes suitable drugs. With the external form of the disease, medications in the form of suppositories intended for insertion into the anus are most effective.
Most commonly used:
- candles with ichthyol or sea buckthorn oil.
Method of use: in the evening after a shower, dry the area of the anus with a towel, then introduce a candle and leave it overnight until completely dissolved.
Internal hemorrhoids are treated such drugs as Detralex, Flebodia 600, or any other medicine prescribed by your doctor.
Also, with this disease, medicines containing digestive enzymes. They accelerate the digestion of food and eliminate the severity in the rectum, which leads to a decrease in painful cramps.
Pelvic pain is more common in women. This is due to the location of the female internal genital organs. Endometriosis, adnexitis, cystitis are the likely causes of negative symptoms.
Female diseases are also accompanied by a violation of the cycle, pathological secretions, fever. In men, pelvic pain occurs in the case of prostatitis or inguinal hernia.
Pain that radiates to the scapula or between the shoulder blades occurs with cardiac pathologies. In this case, the patient has difficulty moving with his left hand. However, similar symptoms appear with osteochondrosis or a hernia of the spine. Concomitant manifestations:
Heart pain is partially stopped by nitroglycerin, which does not occur with pancreatic disease.
Pain in the left side, back above the lower back
Pain in the left hypochondrium is not accidental and can occur for many reasons.
Faced with a similar problem, a person often does not know which doctors to seek help from, because only they can make an accurate diagnosis.
But nevertheless, it is possible to suggest which organ signals pains about malfunctions - the localization and nature of pain sensations will be good helpers in this matter.
First, consider what can be assumed based on the localization of pain.
Gastralgic myocardial infarction
This localization of pain with a heart attack is observed in approximately 3% of cases.
In this case, the lower or lower back part of the left ventricle of the heart is affected.
In this case, patients:
- complain of pain
- note unpleasant supportive sensations under the heart,
- often sweat profusely
- sometimes suffer from nausea, vomiting, severe hiccups, diarrhea.
Because of these concomitant symptoms, doctors are often mistaken in making a diagnosis.
The following symptoms can help in the diagnosis:
- difficulty exhaling, especially with any movement of the patient,
- blue lips
- puffy face with a pale bluish tint.
If a heart attack is suspected, then urgently call an ambulance.
The patient will be taken to a hospital, and cardiologists will be involved in the treatment.
Perforated ulcer of the stomach and duodenum
Usually observed in people with a history of peptic ulcer.
Perforation occurs after a period of exacerbation of the disease, its signs:
- "Dagger" pain
- localization - under the pit, with a gradual shift to the right,
- after the attack, you can observe the "fraudulent" well-being.
Why the left side from the back hurts: the main reasons
According to statistics, 90% of people have lower back pain on the left, which include not only the elderly, but also those who are barely over thirty. It would seem that at such a young age a person should not be tormented by pain in the lower back, which, by the way, can have completely different localization. The causes of pain are many. These include diseases of the spine, internal organs, sedentary lifestyle, poor posture, colds and a number of other causes. If a person has a backache on his left, in no case should he self-medicate without identifying the cause of the pain. For this purpose, it is best to consult a specialist who not only correctly determines the source of pain, but also prescribes an effective course of treatment.
Pain in the left side from the back
Against the background of overall well-being, pain may appear in the left side from the back. The person turns to the local therapist, suggesting that he has a slight malaise that will quickly pass.However, this is a symptom that is characteristic of a large number of pathological conditions requiring serious treatment. But before treatment, you need to make an accurate diagnosis.
Let's look at what diseases one of the symptoms may be pain in the lower back on the left side
Any pain does not occur on its own. This is a signal of the development of a pathological condition in the body. The specialist will tell you that discomfort in the left lumbar region is possible for the following reasons:
- Various pathological processes. which occur directly in the human spine. It can be both inflammatory diseases and destructive disorders of its structures.
- Diseases of the internal organs. In this case, the pain spreads to the lumbar region, and only a full examination of the patient’s body will allow a final diagnosis to be made.
- Causes that are caused by external effects on the body. for example, hypothermia, can also cause lower back pain in the left side.
Diseases of the spinal column, as one of the main reasons for complaints of pain in the left lumbar region
Spinal column diseases
The most common cause of this symptom is various spinal column diseases. Since a large number of nerve branches emerge from the spine, any pathological process leads to their infringement, and as a result, pain sensations of varying intensity and duration. Why is the lumbar most affected? The answer is quite simple & it is in this region of the spine that the greatest pressure and loads occur that arise in the process of human life.
Pain in the side of the back
Back pain is familiar to everyone. Sometimes a long stay in a comfortable position leads to discomfort, and sometimes to pain. Pain in the lower back and sides of the back is a rather dangerous symptom, since it can be inherent in the pathological process.
Pain from the side of the back can signal diseases of various systems and internal organs. A very common symptom. Such pain is both temporary and permanent.
Causes of pain in the right and left side of the back
• problems of the respiratory system,
• problems with the urinary and genitourinary system,
• problems with the peripheral nervous system or spinal cord,
• diseases of the musculoskeletal system,
• dynamic causes associated with unsuccessful movement or unsuccessful posture, excessive strain on the back,
• bruise, injury, fall.
Respiratory system diseases
This, of course, is not about a cold, not about acute respiratory infections, but about more serious diseases.
Causes of pain in the left side under the ribs
Many are interested in if the left side hurts under the ribs, can it be a hundred? Often, various pains overcome us at the most inopportune moment. Sometimes a person cannot determine the nature of the occurrence of pain. External factors such as alcohol, an abundance of fatty and spicy foods, and poor environmental conditions can affect this condition. Therefore, in this condition, do not hesitate, but go to the doctor for a consultation.
Sources: pro-samca.ru, arista-lc.ru, aardwolf.ru, spinanezdorova.ru, ot-boli.ru, gastri.ru
Proper nutrition plays an important role in the treatment of any type of hemorrhoids.. Its main task is to normalize blood flow in the intestine and hemorrhoidal formations.
It is necessary to exclude from the diet:
- rice cereal and semolina,
- potato dishes
- any flour products
- whole milk,
- alcoholic drinks.
A person suffering from hemorrhoids is not recommended to use any salty, sour, pickled, spicy and smoked foods. The menu should be dominated by food with a lot of plant fiber - it is it that normalizes the intestines.
- oatmeal and other cereals,
- yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk,
- raw and stewed vegetables,
- fruits: kiwi, citrus fruits, pomegranates, apples, pears and others,
- berries: raspberries, strawberries, currants.
Reference. You can include honey in your daily diet, but only in the absence of an allergy to bee products.
Through the lumbar pass the nerves of the lumbosacral plexus. Due to pinching of the roots of the nerves, patients experience severe pain in the middle of the lower back. Reflective pain due to kidney disease, endometriosis in women and prostate problems in men.
Causes of physiological pain: muscle tension during sports loads, prolonged sitting in one position. All pregnant women experience lumbar pain, since in the later stages there is an overstretching of the abdominal muscles. Due to this, the back muscles have increased loads.
Between the tailbone and lower back
If it hurts between the tailbone and lower back, most likely the patient has problems with the intestines. Reflective pains occur due to hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, dysbiosis, colitis. Intestinal pathologies are accompanied by digestive disorders, loose stools, flatulence.
Also, pain is associated with myositis, muscle spasm or prolonged sitting on too hard a surface. Pain between the tailbone and lower back occurs in people involved in power sports or gymnastics.
In addition to localization, the nature of pain is important for diagnosis. The pain is acute, dull, aching, shooting, cutting, cramping.
- Pain in the spine by the type of lumbago is called lumbago. It is sharp and sharp.. The patient experiences severe pain with movement and palpation.
- When pinching or inflammation of the sciatic nerve there is a cutting pain called sciatica. She is accompanied by a loss of sensation and a feeling of numbness of the leg from the buttock to the toes.
- Colic pain - evidence of a stone-stone or gallstone disease. Stones irritate the mucosa of the gallbladder or kidney tissue, so the patient experiences unbearable sharp pains radiating to different parts of the back and abdomen.
- A sharp pain, like a dagger, may be a sign of rupture of the ovary, fallopian tube, appendicitis. In this situation, emergency care is required.
- Drawing or dull pains indicate chronic processes. Typically, these symptoms accompany pyelonephritis., gynecological diseases, chronic prostatitis. Also, "pull" the lower back can due to muscle strain, before menstruation in women.
reference. Given the variety of symptoms, it is very difficult to establish a diagnosis based on external examination and patient complaints.
Therefore, the doctor prescribes a comprehensive examination. It includes:
- Medical history. The patient talks about his feelings, the time of their appearance. Important indicators are the presence of chronic diseases, spinal injuries, a family history.
- Visual inspection. The doctor examines the patient, palpates the spine and abdomen. In this case, muscle tension, anterior abdominal wall, asymmetry of the shoulder blades, etc. are detected.
- General analysis of blood and urine. Allow to identify the inflammatory process, malfunctions in the kidneys.
- Ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis. An informative method for the diagnosis of gynecological problems, inflammation of the kidneys, pancreas.
- X-ray. It is indicated for suspected scoliosis, spinal fracture, hernia. Also reveals kidney stones and gall bladder.
- Cardiography. It is mandatory if the patient has pain in the left side of the back and is accompanied by a drop in pressure and a change in heart rate.
- CT, MRI. Used to clarify the diagnosis. With the help of modern methods, even the slightest changes in tissues, impaired blood flow, minor tumors are detected.MRI can detect the disease at the preclinical stage.
After a thorough examination, the patient may need to consult a gynecologist, urologist, nephrologist, cardiologist. These doctors will prescribe additional examinations if necessary.
First aid for pain
The occurrence of any pain is an occasion to consult a doctor, especially if the cause is unknown. Self help to the patient depends on his condition and the nature of the sensations.. If the pain syndrome is caused by muscle spasm, then antispasmodics (No-shpa, Drotaverin) will help. Heart pains are relieved by nitroglycerin.
When it is known that the patient has problems with the spine, his condition can be alleviated with the help of analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Local remedies help well: ointments, plasters. If the patient's condition worsens, he develops paresis or weakness of the limbs, then consult a doctor.
Most likely, compression of the nerve roots occurred.
Pain caused by muscle spasm or overexertion is eliminated by massage with anesthetic ointment. Effectively and kinesiotape.
If negative symptoms are associated with diseases of the internal organs, self-medication is prohibited. In acute pain, an ambulance should be called. Prior to the arrival of doctors, you should not give the patient any medication so as not to smear the picture. It is also forbidden to eat food and drinks, as emergency surgery may be necessary.
The algorithm for helping such patients is as follows:
- Lay patient on bedb.
- Provide fresh air: open the window, remove outer clothing from the person.
- Measure temperature and pressure (if there is a tonometer).
- You can give a little clean water.
- Make sure that the patient is conscious, if necessary, give a smell of ammonia.
The choice of therapy depends on the disease, which was the root cause of the negative symptoms. Diseases of internal organs are treated by narrow specialists: cardiology, gynecologists, nephrologists, urologists.
Important! In an acute condition (obstruction of the ducts with a stone, rupture of a cyst, pancreatic necrosis, pinched hernia), the question of surgery is being resolved.
The following agents are traditionally used to treat spinal diseases:
- Painkillers - Analgin, Baralgin, Ketanov.
- NSAIDs - Nimesil, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin.
- Muscle relaxants - Midokalm.
- Chondroprotectors - Chondroitin, Glucosamine.
- Vitamins - Milgamma, Combilipen.
Non-medications help speed up the healing process:
To prevent relapse of diseases, it is recommended to choose a special orthopedic mattress for sleeping, to work at the table to buy a chair or chair that will support the spine and prevent disturbance of posture. Patients with chronic osteochondrosis and hernia It is necessary to regularly undergo spa treatment.
Important! Low back pain requires a consultation with a doctor and a full examination. It is dangerous to ignore such symptoms, as they can be evidence of various serious diseases. Often the patient requires surgical intervention. Timely diagnosis and correct therapy are the key to maintaining health.
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids
If you have varicose veins of the rectum, then soreness and discomfort are not always deployed strictly in the anus. Often, the patient feels a whole gamut of negative sensations in the abdomen: severe bloating, pain in the bottom of the peritoneum, and also constipation brings him considerable inconvenience.
The patient notices that the rubber inserts of the underwear somehow noticeably press in the waist area. And most importantly, there was a feeling of the presence of a foreign body in the rectal canal.
Usually, one symptom arises, then another, and then they all combine into one negative complex.Then the person feels soreness, light tingling in the area of the anus. Finally, he realizes that the pain from hemorrhoids has even spread to the abdominal zone.
Sometimes the pain gives to the lower back, limbs, and these lumbago potential patient of the proctologist may not even associate with hemorrhoids.
Finally, digestive tract problems often cause pain in the lower abdomen. But if you have been diagnosed with hemorrhoids and soreness is detected in the abdominal region, these things, of course, can be interconnected.
But still hemorrhoids are, first of all:
- Rectal bleeding (initially minimal, but as the disease progresses, they take on a different scale),
- Discomfort and itching in the anus,
- Soreness in the same zone
- Prolapse of the venous plexus from the rectum.
In order not to scare yourself with pictures of complications and fatal consequences that every second patient “draws” in his head, you need to go to a coloproctologist and ask him if his stomach can hurt with hemorrhoids.
Can the tailbone, lower back or lower abdomen hurt with hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are an ailment of the rectum and anus, therefore it is believed that pain should be felt only there and not in any way give to the lower back or manifest discomfort in the lower abdomen.
However, this opinion is considered erroneous, because, firstly, hemorrhoidal inflammation at the initial stage is often asymptomatic, and secondly, it is with hemorrhoids that the tailbone, lower abdomen and lower back often hurt.
Why there is soreness in the lower abdomen
Usually, some pain in the abdominal cavity with hemorrhoids does not scare a person. But the blood, literally flooding the toilet, causes him a real panic. But if you visit a doctor for minor reasons, you can control the disease and prevent serious complications.
More often pain accompanies constipation. This is a pathology of the digestive structures, which is often considered a provocateur of hemorrhoids.
With constipation, it is difficult for a person to defecate: he sits on the toilet for a long time (and this only aggravates the situation), it strains the muscles of the anus very much, but there is practically no result.
Irradiation of pain - this is the mechanism that leads to pain in a seemingly unusual place. Inflammation passes where there is a whole cluster of nerve endings, and this only increases the pain. The suffering of the patient increases.
And, most importantly, one of these zones is perianal. This is the area that rings the anus. There really are many nerve endings, they are all very intertwined, because pain is felt in other areas.
Where is the pain associated with hemorrhoids
With hemorrhoids, the stomach may hurt - this is due to irradiation and constipation mechanisms. Where exactly the pain occurs with inflammation of the hemorrhoidal pillow also depends on the individual characteristics of the body.
But more often the pain is fixed:
- In the coccygeal zone,
- In the lumbar
- In the lower abdomen,
- In the groin area.
Of course, this irradiation does not at all speak with absolute certainty about hemorrhoids. There are many other reasons that treat pain in these areas, but with diagnosed hemorrhoids, you should consider all options.
Abdominal pain is a symptom of hemorrhoids
If the soreness is localized in the rectum, it really may not be the most typical symptom of hemorrhoids. When the pathology is just forming, the patient feels a slight tingling in the anus area, with defecation there is a pronounced discomfort.
Hemorrhoidal pains can be:
Cramping pains are fixed with narrowing of the intestine, as seals become inflamed. Continuous, aching pains appear due to grazing of the lower peritoneum. Sometimes this is really a very disturbing symptom, talking about joining the disease of necrosis and even peritonitis.
How to deal with pain
Abdominal pain with hemorrhoids should not be tolerated. If they are insignificant, and you find out their cause, try to cope without medication.
First, you need to learn how to relax - take a comfortable posture in order to reduce pressure on the digestive tract.
Secondly, watch your clothes: narrow things need to be removed, because they clamp hemorrhoids. This will give the muscles a normal position and remove spasmodic phenomena. If the cramps are quite severe, take a medicine, such as Ibuprofen.
Among other ways to eliminate pain:
- Watch out for food. The reference point is diet table No. 3. Proper nutrition will improve digestion and this will relieve many symptoms over time,
- Use doctor-approved herbal decoctions with a mild laxative effect,
- Do the peritoneal massage yourself,
- To suppress acute abdominal pain, you need to do a simple exercise. Arrange your lower limbs, slowly sit down and in this position “hang” for literally five seconds,
- Take a walk - walking is the best and most suitable physical activity for almost everyone. Walking stimulates the healthy functioning of the intestines, and eliminates unwanted sensations.
Any drug treatment should be coordinated with a coloproctologist. A specialist will help you find out if the stomach hurts with hemorrhoids, or if the pain indicates another problem.
Dietary nutrition: the most important blow to hemorrhoids
Diet is the first word that should be on the list of attitudes of a person diagnosed with hemorrhoids who is planning to recover. Diet does not mean that from now on your menu will be scarce, monotonous, tasteless.
And, of course, the pleasure of eating will not go away from your life. It’s just that now you have to reconsider your food system, and this is great: for many people this is a real starting point for a new life.
You can’t eat your whole life on the principle of “what I want, when I want” and at the same time remain a healthy person. In a sense, you are challenging the body and you won’t have to wait long for an answer.
But if you decide to take up the mind and actually help your body with the help of proper nutrition, the result will also not be long in coming. Only a different result is positive.
Why does the lower abdomen hurt with hemorrhoids - including because you do not eat in spite of the disease and for the purpose of recovery, but for the sake of it, an ailment.
What hemorrhoids progresses from:
- Spicy, very fatty, pickled and fried foods,
- Strong tea and coffee
- Rice (any)
- Baking and pastry.
Such a food with your diagnosis can safely be called harmful. Yes, and she has a low level of fiber - an essential element for healthy digestion. You should include vegetables, fresh fruits, and herbs in your treatment table.
Sex and pain in the lower abdomen with diagnosed hemorrhoids
It is impossible to avoid this topic, and to reveal the issue of pain in the lower abdomen with hemorrhoids. Indeed, quite often, pains in the lower abdomen in women with hemorrhoids force them to consult a doctor. According to the gynecological part, the doctor does not see the pathology, and after the diagnosis it turns out - this hemorrhoids gives a similar response.
Pain that appears above the pubis or in another part of the abdomen is indeed a marker of intestinal pathology. This confuses the patient, she comes up with non-existent diseases. If you know for sure that you have hemorrhoids, be sure to tell your doctor that this phenomenon also torments you. He will adjust the treatment regimen, finding new solutions in symptomatic therapy.
In men, pain occurs more often when urinating, if hemorrhoids "surprise" with pain in the abdomen. Sex may still be comfortable, but urination causes soreness in the peritoneum. And this situation also needs to be corrected.
Already proven: hemorrhoids and varicose veins are the consequences of certain metabolic pathologies, digestive problems, which can be expressed by pain and discomfort in the abdomen or groin.
In any case, the problem needs to be addressed, to find out the causes of negative feelings, not to hesitate with treatment. The same hemorrhoids are not so harmless to ignore it: you risk being on the operating table.
Pain in the lower abdomen by proctologists is regarded as the primary sign of a developing disease.
With hemorrhoids, pain in the anus may not bother, but bloating of the abdominal region is observed.
The following symptoms are the primary signs of hemorrhoid inflammation:
- aching pain in the lower abdominal wall,
- abdominal pain with hemorrhoids can be accompanied by bloating, which is mistaken for simple gas formation,
- gastrointestinal upset, leading to rare bowel movements,
- sensation of a foreign object in the intestine, which seems to put pressure on the lower back.
The symptomatic picture can change depending on the degree of progression of hemorrhoids. If the ailment is just beginning to make itself felt, then the tailbone or lower abdomen usually hurts individually.
Since such symptoms are often mistaken for manifestations of other ailments, patients turn to the proctologist late when mucous discharge and blood from the anus are detected, and severe itching and pain cramps, which clearly indicate an acute course of hemorrhoids, begin to disturb.
About abdominal pain
With hemorrhoids, the stomach hurts in a peculiar way. Discomfort, given mainly to its lower part, can be constantly growing in nature or have the option of contractions, which will let go for a while.
Diagnosis of the disease is complicated by the fact that pain in rare cases reaches the lower limb of a person, which is a completely seemingly uncharacteristic option. This type of syndrome is characteristic of narrowing of the intestine and is a consequence of various organ pathologies, in particular, the formation of tumors and adhesions.
Thus, a stomach can swell and hurt for a long time only as a result of various inflammatory processes that occur in the intestine. Medical intervention is required to establish the correct diagnosis and exclude other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and musculoskeletal system.
About back pain
Pain in the lower back with hemorrhoids is an equally common sign of inflammation, while it can give up to the tailbone. The nature of the pain in this case is completely different. Often in the lumbar region there is discomfort, similar to sciatica or sprain, so it is not possible to establish the correct diagnosis right away.
Pain in the tailbone with hemorrhoids may appear depending on bowel movements. If during a stool they intensify, and after defecation disappear and do not manifest themselves at all, then this indicates an early stage of hemorrhoids, characterized by beginning constipation.
Lower back pain with hemorrhoids can occur in later stages, when traces of mucus and blood remain on the toilet paper after defecation.
This is due to severe inflammation of the hemorrhoidal nodes, which are pinched, inflamed or thrombosed. Such sensations usually appear immediately after bowel movements.
With prolonged static stress of the body, pain can intensify, but with the change of posture they pass.
Painful sensations in the back manifest themselves in the chronic form of hemorrhoids. They appear during periods of exacerbation and pass at the stage of remission.
About tailbone pain
Pain in the lowest part of the lower back, called the coccyx, cannot occur on its own, since this bone does not have pain receptors. Usually, discomfort in this area is caused by other problems, in particular, hemorrhoids. In this case, the pain from the lower back gives it to this department.
In addition, pain in the coccyx may indicate other pathological problems or may result from mechanical damage. Often this part of the body is damaged in the fall, which ultimately leads to muscle pain, which is also mistaken for a serious pathology syndrome.
Regardless of how the hemorrhoids manifest themselves at the initial stage, whether it is pain in the back, tailbone or lower abdomen, it is important to consult a doctor with the appropriate specialization in time to determine the diagnosis and prescribe competent treatment. Often hemorrhoids, which were able to be diagnosed at an early stage due to painful sensations in the lower abdomen and bloating as with gas formation, can be cured quickly enough when compared with a more serious advanced form.
The main guarantee for the successful treatment of hemorrhoids is a complete change in lifestyle, which implies not only a review of the nutrition system, but also greater physical activity.
The quality of digestion directly depends on the diet, which should be balanced and not heavy in terms of digestion.
The main goal of adjusting the diet for hemorrhoids is the maximum prevention of constipation. To do this, it is important to include fiber-rich foods, vegetables and fruits in the diet.
Sour-milk products will also be useful, but it is advisable to refuse whole milk and refined products.
You will have to forget for a while about bad habits, in particular, about drinking alcohol. Smoked and salted under the ban, preference should be given to cooked or steamed food. Dark cereals such as barley or buckwheat will be beneficial. Regular rice will not work, as it can cause constipation. In addition, you will have to abandon fatty meats, sweets and white bread.
The basis of the treatment of hemorrhoids, in addition to changing lifestyle and diet, is the use of topical medicines - ointments and suppositories. They have a beneficial effect on the inflamed area, the nodes are reduced in size, and the pain syndrome is reduced. With running forms, surgical intervention is required.
3 causes of back pain. How not to bend into three doom
Among the signs of incipient hemorrhoids can be painful discomfort in the lower abdomen, lower back and tailbone. These symptoms can manifest themselves both jointly and separately, but it is from them that you can determine the developing ailment, which is not yet diagnosed by the characteristic manifestations of hemorrhoids.
Pain in the lower abdomen, extending to the coccyx: causes and therapy
The coccyx is the lower vestigial process of the spinal column. He does not take part in the innervation of the lower parts of the body, but there are factors that can lead to the appearance of a pain syndrome of different intensity. If there are pains in the lower abdomen, extending to the coccyx, then this may indicate the development of serious pathologies.
If the lower abdomen hurts and gives to the coccyx, then the following reasons can be suggested:
- Infectious diseases of the urinary system: cystitis, pyelonephritis. Most often they are caused by bacterial cells. The inflammatory process begins, accompanied by painful urination, pains in the lower abdomen, which are given to the coccyx and lower back. There may be drops of blood in the urine.
- Bowel disease. Pathology begins its development with abdominal pain, which then begins to spread to the coccyx, lower back. The stool is broken, body temperature can rise.
- Appendicitis. The disease can be manifested by pain in the abdomen, in the back. Pain syndrome is observed at different intensities, but chills, nausea, and temperature often rise.
- Urolithiasis disease. At the first stages of development, it may not manifest itself, but with the progression of the pathology, the pain that is given to the coccyx and lower back increases.
- A common cause when the tailbone and lower abdomen hurts is osteochondrosis. Degenerative changes lead to pinching of the nerve roots, which provokes pain. They can give to the lower back, lower limbs, mobility is impaired, with the progression of the pathology, numbness appears.
- Colitis.With this pathology, bloating is observed, temperature rises, pain spreads to the lower abdomen and gives to the lower back and tailbone.
- Malignant neoplasms in the pelvic organs or digestive tract. The patient in the first stages may not feel anything, but with the development of the disease, the stool is disturbed, pains in the abdomen, in the back.
These causes most often cause pain that appears in the abdomen, and then spread to other parts of the body.
But we can note factors that are rare, but can also lead to the development of such a symptom:
- Herniated disc. The disease itself is not rare, but not everybody has pains in the abdomen and at the same time in the tailbone.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Pathology is manifested by pain in the joints, a worsening of the general condition, and a violation of mobility. Any movement begins to hurt a person.
- Infectious diseases of the spinal column. They develop due to the spread of bacteria throughout the body with a blood stream. Pathology will be accompanied not only by pains in the lower abdomen and in the coccyx, but also by an increase in body temperature, the appearance of symptoms of intoxication.
- Very rarely, such manifestations are observed with a stroke. Pathology can be recognized by speech impairment, the disappearance of sensitivity in the body.
- Stenosis of the intervertebral canal. Pathology develops against the background of pinched tumors, pathologically deformed vertebrae. Pain appears, extending to the legs, numbness of the extremities due to impaired blood circulation can be observed.
- Osteoporosis often develops against a background of calcium deficiency in the body. It manifests itself not only in pain in the coccyx and abdomen, but also in frequent fractures with the slightest injuries.
- Rachiocampsis. Most often, it causes pain in the back and muscles, but with this pathology, abdominal pain can also appear, as the nerve endings innervating the internal organs are pinched.
- In men, an inflammatory process in the testicles can provoke such symptoms. It often develops due to infection by pathogenic bacteria.
There are many factors that can cause pain in the coccyx and abdomen, but effective therapy is possible only after clarifying the diagnosis.
Pain in women
Representatives of the fair sex have many reasons for the appearance of pains in the lower abdomen, but not all of them lead to their spread to the tailbone. Such symptoms can be observed:
- With ectopic pregnancy. Usually the pain spreads on one side, but gradually captures the entire abdomen and begins to give to the coccyx.
- If there is pain in the abdomen and at the same time in the coccyx in a pregnant woman, you can suspect a threat of miscarriage. Urgent hospitalization is needed.
- If the stomach and tailbone are sore, then this may be a signal of the onset of premature labor.
- After a serious injury, the expectant mother may begin to detach the placenta, which is accompanied by pain not only in the abdomen, but also in the hips, lower back and tailbone.
- A serious cause is uterine rupture, which can occur after 30 weeks of gestation. A pathological change in the myometrium can provoke this. The woman has sharp pains, the temperature rises, spotting appears, sweating intensifies, and loss of consciousness may be observed.
But unpleasant symptoms are not only in pregnant women, this can be observed in women for the following reasons:
- Ovulation. When the egg ripens and leaves the follicle, irritation of the peritoneum with follicular fluid may be observed. Experts believe that such symptoms can indicate the presence of gynecological problems.
- Ovarian disease. Often manifested by unilateral pain of varying intensity, the temperature may rise.
- Damage to the genital organs with pathological microflora. Inflammation develops.Often observed after artificial termination of pregnancy or childbirth with a violation of antiseptics.
The appearance of chronic pain requires urgent medical attention.
What will help relieve pain?
You can eliminate the pain syndrome if you know what triggered it. Recommendations can be made as follows:
- Take an anesthetic: Ibuprofen, Analgin.
- Apply cold to your stomach.
- Provide peace and lack of physical activity.
- If there is a diagnosis of osteochondrosis or intervertebral hernia, then a course of NSAIDs, muscle relaxants is indicated, it is recommended to undergo physiotherapy.
Given the severity of some diseases that can provoke pain in the abdomen and tailbone, it is better not to self-medicate, but immediately consult a specialist.
Where to turn next?
If any pain occurs, you must visit the local therapist. This is a specialist with a wide profile who will listen to complaints, send him for analysis and, if necessary, give a referral to a specialist.
With such symptoms, the help of the following doctors is often required:
- Women with such signs should visit a gynecologist.
- If you have problems with the intestines, you need to take a ticket to a gastroenterologist.
- A visit to a urologist and proctologist will not hurt men.
- In the presence of osteochondrosis and intervertebral hernias, it is necessary to undergo treatment by a neurologist or vertebrologist.
If you follow all the recommendations of a specialist, you can get rid of unpleasant and dangerous symptoms.
Alternative recipes can be used as auxiliary methods of treating internal or external hemorrhoids. Such funds are used in the form of decoctions, infusions, tinctures:
- 1 tbsp. spoon chopped carrot tops pour 4 cups boiling water, insist 25-30 minutes and take in equal portions three times a day.
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of raspberry leaves pour 300-350 ml of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes and take 100 ml before each meal.
- Pour 350 ml of hot mountaineer, kidney, 350 ml of hot water, leave for 8 hours, filter and take in equal parts before each meal.
- 2 tbsp. spoons of crushed horse chestnut fruit pour 500 ml of vodka, send to a dark place for two weeks. Dilute 25 ml of tincture in 80 ml of water, take every morning on an empty stomach.
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dried hazel leaves pour 500 ml of boiling water, leave to cool. Take 4 tbsp. tablespoons 4 times a day, after each meal.
For seated baths apply decoctions of medicinal herbs: chamomile, wormwood, oak bark, St. John's wort.
Prevention of hemorrhoids is to eliminate factors that can provoke its development. Proper nutrition, the rejection of acidic, salty, smoked and spicy foods, strong black coffee and alcoholic beverages will help normalize the intestines.
Mandatory element of prevention - An active, mobile lifestyle. Regular gymnastics and walking will help activate blood circulation in the area of hemorrhoidal seals.