Which doctor should I contact for prostatitis in men
Formally, prostatitis is the competence of a urologist, but many men have been treated by these specialists for years, but there is no result. The reason is in the wrong superficial diagnosis (all about the complete diagnosis of prostatitis). Inflammation of the prostate can be triggered by third-party infections, the sources of which are bad teeth, chronically inflamed glands, and gastrointestinal tract pathologies. To find the cause and cure prostatitis, sometimes you have to go through a number of doctors of different profiles, including a dentist, gastroenterologist, ENT, but should start with specialists in the genitourinary system:
- A urologist is a specialist in diseases of the genitourinary system, and treats both men and women. For signs of prostatitis, it should be consulted first.. The urologist examines not only the prostate, but also the bladder, kidneys, genitals for pathologies and inflammation.
- A nephrologist is a specialist in pathologies of the urinary system, in particular, the kidneys. To him with signs of prostatitis. treated in the absence of a urologist or andrologist.
- Venereologist is a specialist in the detection and treatment of genital infections. They often cause prostatitis.
- Andrologist is a narrow-profile specialist who deals with pathologies of the exclusively male reproductive system. You can contact him with prostatitis, hormonal failure, erectile dysfunction, with the problem of infertility or decreased libido.
Not every clinic is equipped with a full staff of specialized doctors. In such cases, symptoms of prostatitis should be addressed. to the therapist. This specialist will prescribe standard tests (which tests are given for prostatitis) and, according to their results, will either prescribe treatment (many do not want the Fund’s funds to go to another institution and send it to their specialist, but not about the patient’s disease profile), or will refer you to another outpatient clinic. In practice, in the latter case, there are difficulties (in many clinics they are reluctant to accept “foreign” patients): denial of service according to the compulsory medical insurance policy, the need to register through a manager, the requirement to pay for services.
An appeal to a therapist with signs of prostatitis is advisable, in terms of cost savings. A number of tests will cost you free of charge, and you can always refuse the proposed treatment regimen by making an appointment at a paid clinic. If there are no funds, then it’s quite possible to get a referral to an insurance company.
You can contact the therapist in any case. Based on the results of the initial examination, he will write out the direction, indicating in the outpatient card the reason for the need to consult with a specialist. Thus, you can quickly get to the reception, because coupons are often not enough.
Chiropractor, rheumatologist, neurologist
Chronic pelvic pain syndrome is sometimes masked under prostatitis.. The problem is not associated with inflammation of the gland, but treatment is usually carried out according to a standard scheme: doctors prescribe tests, find signs of the presence of some commonplace pathogen in the prostate juice, which is a natural representative of the microflora of the body, and prescribe antibiotics. There will be no result from such treatment, and immunity will decrease, which can really lead to prostatitis.
Pain in the groin of unknown origin is often provoked by nerve damage. Eliminate pinching and normalize their conductivity will help a rheumatologist, neurologist or chiropractor.
Which doctor should I contact for the treatment of prostatitis
Not every man knows who treats prostatitis, but when contacting the clinic he will be immediately referred to a urologist. When contacting a doctor, you need to be prepared for the following:
The doctor conducts an examination and ascertains the patient’s history, which may affect prostatitis in men. It also gives direction to analysis:
- a three-glass serving of urine,
- detection of sexually transmitted infections,
- study of the secretion of the prostate gland.
Examination of the prostate gland, which can be performed rectally.
In the chronic course of the disease, knowing which doctor can cure prostatitis in men, you should contact for an additional examination:
- analysis to determine the volume of residual urine,
- patient sperm examination,
- Ultrasound of the genitourinary system.
Having found out with prostatitis which doctor to consult, it is important to do this in a timely manner and not try to cure the disease yourself. It should be remembered that if the doctor did not detect changes during palpation, but there are signs of prostatitis, you should definitely undergo an additional examination and consult a urologist again. Timely treatment is extremely important for men.
Treatment of prostatitis
Curing prostatitis with timely treatment to a urologist is not at all difficult. A huge number of drugs are used to get rid of the disease. Only a doctor can prescribe a suitable medicine, since with self-medication there is a high probability of harming yourself. Drug treatment may include the following:
- The use of rectal suppositories. The duration of treatment does not exceed 10 days. Neither will reduce pain, and also have an antibacterial effect.
- Injections - have a quick effect. Improve the immune system and stimulate the vascular system.
- Instillation. They are necessary when the situation is neglected and the impact directly on the problem place is required. The drug is administered through the external opening of the urethra after complete emptying of the bladder.
- Antibiotics in the form of tablets. They are used when the causative agent of the disease is precisely identified. Assigned by analysis.
An important point in the treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland is the use of drugs aimed at strengthening the immune system. Like any inflammation, prostatitis is often caused by banal hypothermia. If it is revealed that the cause of the disease is the development of bacteria, immunomodulators will improve the immune system to restore the body after taking antibiotics.
Often, a urologist recommends a man prostate massage. Refusing such a procedure is not worth it, since it is a fairly effective tool in the complex treatment of the disease.
Very important massage of the prostate gland
Prostate massage is a finger action directly on the prostate gland. Often, the doctor makes a massage to obtain the secret necessary for the study. Also, prostate massage can be used to treat the arising pathology. Such a procedure can be carried out exclusively by a specialist - a urologist or andrologist; no tools are used, only a disposable glove is on the doctor’s hand.
The effect of prostate massage is as follows:
- Patency of the ducts of the prostate is restored, which helps to improve the outflow of secretion.
- Blood flow improves, and along with this, the effect of antibacterial drugs is enhanced.
- The muscle tone of the prostate is restored, which positively affects the sexual life of a man.
- Venous and lymphatic outflow from the gland is significantly improved.
Due to mechanical irritation of the nerve endings during massage of the prostate, blood circulation is enhanced, the prostate gland is saturated with oxygen and nutrients necessary for normal work. During the massage, secretion is released, and with it the microorganisms causing the disease come out.
Untreated, there may be complications.
If you neglect the appeal to a specialist, a man is threatened with the appearance of complications of prostatitis. These include:
- prostate sclerosis and urination disorder.
- the appearance of purulent inflammation of the prostate.
- testicular inflammation.
- decreased libido.
- in the most advanced cases, male infertility.
This must be taken into account when there is a desire to wait until the disease "resolves" on its own.
With timely access to the right doctor and following all his instructions, it is quite possible to get rid of the disease and live a full life. After recovery, urination is improving, and the ability to have a normal sexual life is restored. It should be remembered that if untreated, the disease can reach the stage at which surgical intervention is required.
Watch a video about the symptoms and treatment of prostatitis:
Why is it better not to self-medicate?
Many do not know which doctor to go with prostatitis and begin to self-medicate. But you can just lose time, which will significantly aggravate the situation.
There is also the opportunity to harm yourself by making the wrong diagnosis on the Internet or on the advice of friends, and drinking a course of unnecessary or inappropriate antibiotics and other medications. Use in such cases folk recipes also dangerous (folk remedies are best used for the prevention of prostatitis).
The full state of the body can be determined only after passing a group of tests.
Worth remembering that prostate inflammation requires complex treatment, some medications will not help, but they can harm other internal organs, or physical exercise alone will not greatly affect the treatment without the right pharmacological agents.
Symptoms and where to go
If the following symptoms are observed, it is urgent to begin to act:
- a feeling of fullness of the bladder, but there is a physical inability to empty it,
The action is to immediately visit the nearest medical institution - public or private - there is not much difference.
Be sure to check if you are visiting a private clinic. licenses to provide medical services!
In the emergency room or reception will give direction to the right specialist. Below we will talk with someone who treats the prostate in men.
Which doctor treats prostatitis in men?
Which doctor should i contact when prostate? The doctor treats any problems in the genitourinary system urologist, his specialization is quite extensive. At the first symptoms of prostatitis go to him.
May also first direct to andrologist - to a specialist in the reproductive system, if sexual dysfunction is most pronounced, the andrologist will, if necessary, refer to urologist.
How to determine whether a good specialist?
Initially, you can consult with friends, relatives - maybe they have encountered such problems and know for sure a good doctor.
It is not worth relying on the opinions of visitors to various forums or on vibrant advertising sites.
Usually almost all reviews are paid or written by the clinic staff themselves.
It is best, if possible, to visit several doctors, already in the first session it will be possible to determine a sufficient qualification of a specialist.
At prostate the urologist will carefully study the medical history, will be attentive to the symptoms and experiences mentioned.
Prescribe a complete medical examination to exclude other diseases with similar symptoms:
- examination + anal palpation to determine the size of inflammation,
- body temperature measurement
- urinalysis; daily collection is possible if urination is impaired,
- urethral swab
- general blood test, hormone analysis, biochemical blood collection,
- detection of infections
- Prostate secretion
- Ultrasound of the prostate, pelvic organs.
Then the doctor treating prostatitis, will refer to other specialists to help the entire body, after which he will prescribe a full-fledged treatment, which includes:
- treatment with antibiotics, drugs that reduce inflammation and pain,
- taking funds to raise the level of immunity,
- making the right diet
- prostate massage (if necessary),
- recipes of traditional medicine are possible.
If there is no confidence in the doctor after the first trip to him, it is better change specialist.
With prostatitis, which doctor will the urologist refer to?
The doctor who treats prostatitis, first of all, direct the patient:
- Physical therapist - a specialist who improves the condition of the body with the help of physics - laser, magnetic field, ultrasound, electricity.
In this case, the impact is on prostate gland, the effect of the prescribed medication will be better.
Blood circulation will be improved, which means that elimination of unnecessary substances will be faster.
To the doctor - endocrinologistIt will help with the adjustment of hormones.
Their influence on the prostate gland is great, will restore the correct metabolism.
Now you know which doctor to contact prostatitis. With this disease, you can not hesitate, you must urgently contact a medical institution, because complications may develop. Specialist will help in the treatment urologyIt’s important to choose a good doctor. It is also necessary to take tests and undergo treatment from other specialists.
Understanding the question "who treats prostatitis" in the first place is to pay attention to the urologist. It is worth knowing that such a branch of medicine as urology studies all the problems associated with the urinary system. Moreover, general urology can also be divided into children's, female, male and geriatric. In modern municipal institutions, unfortunately, there is only a specialist urologist who conducts reception of both men and women. He can be checked if necessary.
The specialization of the urologist allows you to simultaneously diagnose diseases of not only the urinary, but also the genitourinary system. Namely, this problem is prostatitis.
During the patient’s visit to diagnose prostatitis, the urologist will conduct an initial survey of the patient to collect a general history. That is, it will find out the patient’s complaints, listen to and determine the symptoms of the disease, and also conduct rectal palpation of the prostate gland. Also, when analyzing the topic “which doctor treats the prostate”, it is worthwhile to be prepared for the urologist to send for blood, urine, PSA (prostate-specific antigen) tests and a study of the secretion of the prostate gland taken after the prostate massage. Depending on the identified or suspected causes of the disease, the urologist can send the patient to other narrow specialists to eliminate the root cause of the pathology.
Important: despite the fact that the urologist is a specialist in a fairly wide range, he can help solve the problem with prostatitis quite effectively.
If the reader does not know which doctor treats prostate adenoma or which doctors treat prostatitis, then in modern commercial clinics, and sometimes in municipal regional hospitals, you can find a narrower specialist who deals only with the problems of the male reproductive system - andrologist.
Andrology is a science that studies exclusively the anatomy of the male reproductive system. That is why a specialist can consider prostatitis or prostate adenoma from a different angle and prescribe a correspondingly more productive treatment.
A urologist differs from an andrologist in that he studies and then treats the urinary system and the sexual dysfunctions and problems that arise against it. Andrologist is engaged exclusively in sexual pathologies of male anatomy. An andrologist is as male a doctor as a gynecologist is female.
A narrow male specialist will conduct a survey of the patient, prescribe a set of tests and rectally examine the prostate gland to check its density and size. For such a male doctor, prostatitis or prostate adenoma is the most common problem the patient is dealing with. After diagnosis, a set of therapeutic measures will be prescribed that will definitely lead to a persistent improvement in the patient's condition.
If you are overtaken by prostatitis and which doctor treats you, you already understand, then in the future you need to be prepared for the fact that the urologist or andrologist will refer the patient to a physiotherapist. The office of this narrow specialist is an arsenal of special equipment with which physical procedures are carried out to the patient. They significantly improve blood flow in the affected organ and stimulate the decline of inflammation. So, recovery will not take long. In particular, such procedures for prostatitis can be applied to the patient:
- Electrophoresis with calcium chloride on the perineum,
- Phonophoesis using hydrocortisone in the same area
- Microwave therapy
- UHF Therapy
- Anal rising shower
- Bathtubs are sessile,
- Microclysters based on antibiotic drugs,
- Laser exposure to the prostate.
Important: the listed physiotherapeutic procedures not only stimulate blood flow in the prostate gland, but also significantly increase the effect of the use of drug therapy. Therefore, it is worth discarding false shame and accept all the procedures prescribed by the doctor.
What symptoms indicate prostatitis?
A constant desire to walk about a little need indicates serious problems with the prostate
All men are afraid of prostatitis, but not everyone knows what this disease is and how it manifests itself.
Prostatitis is an inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Moreover, inflammation can be of any etiology - bacterial, viral, fungal or even non-infectious in nature. For ease of understanding of the essence of the disease by patients, prostatitis is divided into two large groups - infectious and non-infectious inflammatory processes in the prostate. In the first case, the cause is any pathogenic agent that has penetrated the prostate gland. Absolutely every man can face this type of disease, regardless of age, the presence of regular sex life and other factors.
The second group of prostatitis is non-infectious inflammatory processes. They arise due to stagnation of the secretion of the prostate gland due to a violation of trophic organ. This type of disease affects men over 40-50 years old and is associated with a lack of regular sex and an inactive lifestyle.
Before you figure out which doctors treat prostatitis in men, you should find out what signs indicate this disease. In general, it is necessary to consult a doctor if the following symptoms appear:
- violation of urination
- a feeling of fullness of the bladder immediately after visiting the restroom,
- violation of potency,
- pain in the prostate, anus, bladder.
The main symptom of prostate disease is rapid urination. With an acute infectious process in the body, urination can reach up to 10-15 times per hour. At the same time, attempts to urinate are accompanied by severe pain and pain in the urethra.
With a non-infectious inflammatory process, urination is frequent, but difficult. If with acute inflammation it is painful to urinate, then in a sluggish process, a man needs to strain all the muscles of the pelvic floor in order to empty the bladder. The urine stream is weak, scanty, and the process of urination does not bring relief.
With non-infectious congestive prostatitis, potency first suffers. Pain in the pelvic organs may be absent, but the man gradually worsens potency, then the erection begins to weaken, ejaculation is disturbed. If prostatitis is not detected in time, not knowing which doctor to make an appointment with, you can lead to the development of impotence.
Causes of disease
Among the reasons that provoke the appearance of the disease may be:
- disturbed blood circulation in the pelvic region,
- the impact of negative flora,
- pelvic organ injury
- problems in the rectum
- other reasons.
If you have the first signs of the disease, you should immediately go to a specialist, having previously decided which doctor treats prostatitis.
Important! The early stage often causes a temperature above normal, pain in the toilet, irregular discharge.
The course of the disease can be acute or on a repeated basis (chronic). In the second option, there are no clearly expressed symptoms. At first, a man may notice simply discomfort. A dangerous signal is the appearance of problems in sexual activity. When all of the above already significantly worsens the life of a man, he wonders what kind of doctor to consult with existing worries. A reasonable question arises: which doctor is involved in the treatment of prostatitis in men? Let's talk about everything in order.
Male Disease Specialists
If the first signs of the disease have already appeared, the man is puzzled by the question to which doctor to contact with prostatitis.
It is worth going to the urologist. This specialist looks at the patient, makes examinations, is obliged to make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment if the prostate is worried.
With prostatitis in men, to make sure of the diagnosis, the doctor examines the patient visually and manually, and also prescribes:
- seminal fluid examination,
- general blood analysis,
- secretory research
- Analysis of urine.
Having assessed the neglect of the problem, the urologist may recommend additional consultations with other specialists.
When a man has a situation that does not require emergency measures, a treatment regimen is often prescribed immediately. The doctor writes out what to take, what procedures to do, gives recommendations. In case of a disease caused by an infectious factor, trauma, changes in the immune system, or when a surgical method is needed, you can not do without additional help.
In the treatment of inflammation of the prostate, the intervention of a physiotherapist will not be superfluous. It is his responsibility to carry out procedures that can have a positive effect on the prostate gland, prevent complications, and affect rapid healing.
Without normalization of nutrition, it is impossible to talk about effective treatment, therefore, a consultation with a nutritionist will also not be superfluous. Based on the results of the examination, the doctor prescribes a diet that is aimed at limiting oily, spicy foods, alcoholic beverages.
Urologist-oncologist responsible for the study and diagnosis of tumor diseases of the genitourinary organs and systems. Removal of tumors requires specialist knowledge and skills that ordinary urologists do not have. This specialist treats tumors (cancer) in this area.
Urologist andrologist responsible for the reproductive system, treats diseases and defects of the male organs.
Urologist deals with surgical interventions in this area. In his competence:
- Organization of competent examination of the patient.
- Appointment of additional manipulations.
- Identification of indications for intervention.
- Observation after the intervention, preventive measures.
We decided which doctor to contact for problems with the prostate. Next, you need to understand how to get to the urologist. It can be a public or private clinic.
For a state clinic, you need a compulsory medical insurance policy, as well as a referral to a urologist. It can be obtained from a general practitioner. Recording in the direction is possible through contacting the registry or via the Internet.
Most clinics are equipped with Infomats - these are electronic racks through which you can make an appointment with a doctor.
When choosing a private clinic, you will only need a passport. You can sign up by filling out the form on the clinic website, or by calling there by phone. A private commercial clinic does not require prior referral from a general practitioner.
About treatment and self-medication: potential risks
If the pathology is not detected and cured on time, a man may completely lose the opportunity to have children
There is a lot of talk about prostatitis, however, a timely detected disease should not lead a man into despair ahead of time. The fact is that the inflammatory process at an early stage is quite simple to stop with the help of medications. Knowing which doctor needs to go with prostatitis or with suspicions of this disease, a man should immediately make an appointment, but not postpone the visit.
Self-medication is dangerous with prostatitis. In the best case, it simply will not help, but then the man will lose precious time. In the worst case, inadequate therapy is fraught with dangerous complications, and here are just a few of them:
- prostate abscess
- the transition of the disease into a chronic form,
- infection of the testicles, bladder, kidneys.
With a timely visit to a doctor, knowing which specialist is involved in the treatment of prostatitis, it is possible to get rid of the disease quickly and effectively. The doctor will prescribe examinations, without which it is impossible to start treatment. On his own, a man cannot determine what caused inflammation in the prostate, therefore, an adequate therapy regimen without analysis will not work out. Improper treatment is fraught with complications. In addition, self-administration of potent drugs is dangerous for the development of side effects.
Prostate inflammation is one of the diseases in which timely treatment is very important. The faster a specific problem is confirmed, the more correct and effective the treatment will be. First, the man must decide which doctor to go to, followed by the reception itself and the doctor’s assessment of the problem.
At the first visit, the urologist is obliged to appoint a number of additional examinations that will help confirm or refute the alleged diagnosis. And passing special tests will help to understand what exactly provoked this process.
The doctor at the first appointment is obliged to listen to complaints, to study the anamnesis, to send for research.
If you find yourself having problems urinating or defecating, burning in the perineum, erectile dysfunction, accelerated ejaculation, long night erections, fatigue and psychological problems, urgently contact a specialist to confirm or refute the diagnosis of prostatitis!
Examinations and analyzes necessary for prostate pathologies:
- general tests (the patient gives blood and urine as a standard),
- scraping, which is taken from the urethra,
- Secret Analysis Prev glands, sperm, blood by PCR for infection,
- bact. sowing a secret with a determination of sensitivity to antibiotic drugs,
- detailed study of the secret,
- urine for back sowing,
- ejaculate research tank
- Ultrasound diagnosis.
It is not always possible to determine the pathogen, that is, to confirm the diagnosis with the bacterial nature of prostatitis. But if the patient has certain symptoms, the treatment is based on the diagnosis of chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Consider additional methods for determining the disease in question:
- Ultrasound diagnosis of the bladder is carried out due to the fact that urinary tract infections often provoke congestive prostatitis.
- Computer tomography checks the complete picture of the pelvic organs for someone who treats the prostate in men.
- Transrectal ultrasound diagnosis of the prostate (called TRUS) and sonography. With its help, the doctor manages to consider changes in the gland, to understand if there is a place for prostatitis in a man. Allows you to assess the status of the prostate, as well as seminal vesicles, to deal with adenoma. The number of formations is precisely determined. This study can not do without prostate adenoma or malignant tumors. And then ask yourself which doctor treats prostate adenoma.
- Expanded spermogram, MAR test and Kruger study. For those who can’t become parents.
- PSA study when there is a suspicion of malignancy after 45 years.
The main methods of treatment
So, we decided which doctor treats prostatitis in men. Now consider how to treat prostatitis.
Physiotherapeutic treatment. We are talking about physiotherapy, that is, a variety of methods that are widely applicable in our time. This can be hardware physiotherapy, for example, electrophoresis, ultrasound, galvanization, and so on. The doctor determines what type of physiotherapy will be optimal in a particular case.
One of the most effective methods of treating prostatitis for many years remains prostate massage. With its help, the most important medical task is carried out - the removal of stagnant secret fluid. Massage improves blood flow. It is useful even when the prostate is not in danger.
Drug treatment. Antibiotics are used. General spectrum drugs may not contribute to the desired result. With an infectious process, the doctor treats prostatitis with special drugs.
The prescribed treatment with drugs depends on the type of disease. Universal are those having a familiar name, for example, amoxiclav, augmentin, ampiside.
Candles can also give a good effect, both in chronic and acute forms of the disease. Often the main active substance is propolis, to which other components are added, so they have different effects.
Other specialists in "male" diseases
Most men are not ready to properly monitor their own health. Many do not like to visit the clinic, even in the presence of adverse symptoms, until the last they believe that they are all right.
There is also a lack of understanding of who to go when it is a doctor on such a delicate topic. When the question arises rather sharply, the patient has to think about finding a specialist. Which doctor treats male ailments, and how do male doctors differ?
Depending on the problem that concerns the representative of the stronger sex, the choice arises between the following areas. Knowing what specifically male doctors do, it will not be difficult to understand which doctor to contact:
- Urologist - is responsible for the treatment of urogenital organs, both men and women can be his patients. His area of competence is the bodies involved in the formation and excretion of urine.
- Andrologist is only a male doctor who treats the genitals, reproductive system. It is worth going to him for problems with potency, decreased libido, and erectile dysfunction.
Men should be responsible for any, even sometimes seemingly minor, health problems, be aware of the consequences, and not delay a visit to a specialist at the first negative symptoms.
Important! In the field of treating male problems, modern developments are used that, with timely treatment, can cure any ailment!
Prostatitis cannot be called a pleasant disease, but, fortunately, it rarely leads to life-threatening problems. It is important to understand that this ailment is treatable, and the attending physician will help solve a delicate problem. You have learned which doctor to address with various male problems. There is no need to despair, a positive attitude in this matter is extremely important, and a competent specialist will set the right vector on the path to healing, and there will be no more problems with the prostate.
Urologist: what heals, when to contact
Which doctor should be consulted for prostatitis - it depends on what kind of specialist is in the nearest clinic. Usually, with all the problems in the male part, it is recommended to go to the urologist. This is a narrow specialist who deals with diseases of the male genitourinary system, kidneys and bladder.
This doctor will talk with the patient, conduct a general visual examination, ask questions related to prostatitis, and then refer him for an examination. The only situation in which the urologist can not help is a hormone-dependent disease of the genitourinary system. In this case, the man will be referred to the andrologist.
Andrologist: what kind of specialist is this?
If in the nearest clinic there is no urologist, but there is an andrologist - feel free to go to this doctor with prostatitis. An andrologist deals with all the problems of the male genitourinary system and a violation in the production of sex hormones. In other words, a urologist treats the prostate and genitals in men, plus deals with the problems of the bladder in women, but the andrologist's competence includes only male diseases.
You can safely make an appointment with an andrologist for problems with the prostate, testicles, erectile dysfunction, suspected impotence and prostate adenoma.
Urology is a fairly narrow area in medicine, however, like andrology. Many doctors, to cover a wider range of diseases, receive a dual specialty, so their position is called "andrologist urologist." In addition, an “oncourologist” can also be written on the office, which means that the specialist is also involved in the treatment of tumor diseases of the bladder and male genital organs, including cancer.
About necessary examinations and treatment
Palpation of the prostate is the most important action of a specialist for pain in the prostate gland.
Having figured out which doctor is involved in the treatment of prostatitis, one should be prepared for additional examinations. The fact is that the doctor cannot prescribe therapy without finding out the cause of the inflammation in the prostate, otherwise such treatment may be ineffective. To clarify the diagnosis, the following examinations are carried out:
- digital examination of the prostate gland,
- Ultrasound or TRUS of the prostate
- analysis of prostate secretion,
- PSA analysis (as indicated).
A digital examination or rectal palpation is a mandatory examination for all men with suspected prostatitis. The procedure itself is unpleasant, primarily psychologically, but takes a few minutes. This is necessary to confirm inflammation or enlargement of the prostate. If during such an examination it turned out that the prostate was not affected, further tests for prostatitis are not performed. In addition, rectal palpation is necessary in order to take the secret of the prostate for analysis. Bacterial inoculation of this material allows you to establish the pathogen of the inflammatory process.
Ultrasound or TRUS is performed to exclude calculi in the prostate gland. PSA analysis is prescribed for suspected prostate cancer, but can be shown to all men over 50 years of age for prevention, since the oncology of this organ is an age-related disease.
According to the results of examinations, if the diagnosis is confirmed, the doctor will select the optimal treatment regimen. If pathogens are detected in the analysis of prostate secretion, a course of antibiotics is prescribed. With non-infectious inflammation, local anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed in suppositories, physiotherapy, prostate massage, homeopathy.
It should be remembered that timely detected prostatitis is successfully treated with medications and physiotherapy, so you do not need to delay a visit to a specialist.
If you want to figure out what other doctor treats the prostate in men, then an immunologist can also become one. In particular, a visit to such a specialist is prescribed by a urologist or andrologist with prolonged chronic prostatitis in a patient. In this case, the prolonged course of the disease signals a weakened immunity. This means that consultation with an immunologist is required. In addition, an immunologist will help the patient with a diagnosis of bacterial prostatitis.
The specialist prescribes effective therapy to increase general and local immunity, as well as to destroy pathogenic bacteria on the basis of an immunogram.
It is especially recommended that patients with prostatitis consult an immunologist who are inclined to complain of a chronic course of the disease with periodic alternations of exacerbation phases.
Also, against the background of the work of all these specialists, the patient may need the help of a psychotherapist. Since prostatitis affects not only the physical health of the patient, but also the sexual, and therefore psychological, the patient’s mental state can be significantly shaken. To restore self-confidence and defeat the disease will help the "psychologist."
It is important to understand that with genuine male problems, patients are more likely to be silent and wait tactics. And this is fundamentally wrong. Remember, you need to regularly check your health on the male side. Especially after 45 years. A timely appeal to a specialist and a joint fight against pathology give a lasting positive result. Now you know which doctor to treat with prostatitis and prostate adenoma. Remember. Your health is up to you.
Many men are so shy to get an appointment with a urologist that they start their case to an extent where not one specialist is needed, but several. These include a therapist.
The fact is that when problems arise in the sexual life of men, psychological shifts often occur, such as:
- increased nervousness
- drowsiness or insomnia,
- mental imbalance.
In such cases, the psychotherapist may prescribe a course of antidepressants or drugs to improve the patient’s morale. In especially advanced cases, a course of several hypnosis sessions may be needed.
But so that the therapist is not needed, it is better not to start your condition.
Quite often, patients with prostatitis are overweight. Sometimes this is due to overeating or a sedentary lifestyle, but the endocrinologist identifies those who have problems with the thyroid gland.
If you are overweight long enough, then you have a predisposition to prostate diseases. This is especially true for those who have fat accumulating in the lower body. Contact your endocrinologist - it will not hurt.
Along with medical specialists, there is a trainer. For the prevention or treatment of prostatitis, sometimes just medication is not enough, but changes from your usual lifestyle are also needed.
To avoid prostatitis or help him get away, you need to start playing sports. This can be home workouts, if age allows - exercises in the gym. At any age, a swimming pool and light jogging will be useful. If there are any restrictions on the state of health - physiotherapy exercises will be useful.
In any case, with any physical exertion, explain the delicate problem to the fitness trainer, and a professional will help in drawing up a personal training program.
Taking into account the features of your body with prostatitis is very important, since it is strictly forbidden to lift heavy weights in the gym, and you need to work with your own weight.
Prostatitis can be avoided if you follow simple rules in your lifestyle.
- Have regular sex with a trusted or regular partner. Both checked by a therapist and specialist specialists annually,
- Unstable sexual relations - an opportunity to pick up a “bouquet” of sexually transmitted diseases, and this is a direct path to acute prostate diseases,
- To lead an active lifestyle or with inactive activity, take breaks for an easy warm-up. You can do preventive exercises with a lack of time that are not visible to others, for example, compression of the anal muscles or Kegel exercise. Try to walk more
- Food should be balanced, and try to remove food waste from your diet. This is especially true of smoked meats, spicy dishes, over-seasoned, carbonated drinks, fast food, instant food. Also, baking, confectionery in large quantities,
- A regular checkup with a doctor - once a year. For older men, checks may increase in the amount of 2-3 per year - depending on the patient’s problem,
- Watch your stool - there should be no constipation or other problems with the digestive tract,
- Eliminate low-quality alcohol and its abuse in large quantities from your diet. Also, smoking is a major factor in diseases of the male organ,
- Eliminate even short-term hypothermia. In winter, dress according to the weather, wear thermal underwear and appropriate shoes. Regular hypothermia is a sign of illness, even if there is no symptomatology,
- All diseases from nerves - avoid irritating factors, and even better, just abstract from them. Do your favorite things, more often relax in any way that is pleasant for you.
The doctor will examine the genitals and palpate through the rectum. The urologist should have an anamnesis with the following data:
- patient age
- course of the disease, detection of symptoms,
- transfer of previously sexually transmitted diseases,
- lifestyle and work activities,
- regularity of sexual activity,
- chronic diseases
- Surgery in the pelvic area.
After he sends it, he will be tested and after that, an almost complete picture of the disease will be visible in the absence of other pathogenic factors.
The doctor may prescribe a tomography or ultrasound scan of the pelvis in order to make the most accurate diagnosis. Ultrasound examinations are especially relevant if you need to know:
- the integrity of the membranes of the prostate,
- organ structure
- exact dimensions,
- the presence of cysts, nodes and neoplasms,
- the presence of other visible changes.
The urologist after ultrasound will clearly understand how much the prostate gland has changed, in what progression it grows and changes, its direction. This will help draw up the most effective treatment plan so that the patient recovers as quickly as possible.
Each of the studies is important in determining the most clear diagnosis. Qualitative research is the key to patient recovery.
Which doctor treats prostatitis in men: which doctor to go to
- Urologist andrologist of the 1st category Pyotr Viktorovich
- Update Date: June 2019
“Prostatitis” is a scary word for any man. Such a diagnosis immediately prepares for the worst - for long-term treatment with drugs, lifestyle changes, a lot of examinations and tests.
All this can be avoided if you take care of your health in a timely manner. The main problem of prostatitis is not that it is difficult to cure, but that it is very difficult to get rid of it in advanced cases.
To prevent this, everyone should know which doctor treats prostatitis in men, and which specialist should be consulted at the slightest discomfort in the genitourinary system.
Which doctor treats prostatitis in men and adenoma - a narrow specialist
Inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis) is one of the most unpleasant problems for men aged 40-45 years. Moreover, often pathology can proceed secretly and after that go to the chronic stage.
In order to identify the problem in time and eliminate it, you need to understand which doctor treats prostatitis in men. A visit to a competent narrow specialist gives great chances to defeat the disease.
In what doctors are engaged in purely male health and are able to help with prostatitis, we understand the material below.
Prostatitis, which doctor treats?
Prostatitis is a disease in which the tissues of the prostate gland become inflamed. Physiologically, it is located immediately below the bladder around the urinary tract. Therefore, if the prostate enlarges, the passage of urine is difficult.
For signs of prostatitis, you need to contact a urologist - a doctor who diagnoses and treats genital pathologies in men.
Causes of prostatitis
- Penetration of pathogenic bacteria into the gland tissue.
- Inactivity, due to which blood circulation is disturbed, and the prostate gland lacks oxygen.
- The irregular nature of sexual activity. The condition of the prostate gland is adversely affected by prolonged abstinence, too intense sex life, as well as interrupted intimate acts.
- Injury to the location of the gland when driving, while employment in a profession associated with shaking, systematic vibration, active loads on the perineum.
- Malfunctions in the immune system caused by improper diet, alcohol abuse, stress, smoking, overwork.
- Painful sensations of a aching or cutting character, localized in the lower abdomen and lower back against a background of aches throughout the body.
- Frequent urination.
- Difficulties with emptying the bladder. This process is accompanied by pain, burning, and at the end there are pulling sensations in the perineum.
- Disorders of a sexual nature: a decrease in sexual desire until its complete absence, rapid ejaculation, pain during ejaculation. At night, a prolonged erection can be observed.
- In some cases, discharge from the urethra occurs. In the urine, white inclusions resembling flakes or threads can be noticed.
These are general signs of prostate disease. Each type of this disease has its own specific symptoms.
to contents ^
1. Acute prostatitis
It arises as a result of infection of the gland with pathogenic bacteria. The following are added to the common signs of prostate pathology:
- Chills and fever,
- severe sharp or pulling pain in the groin, lower back and perineum,
- acute urinary retention
- discharge from the urethra.
The disease requires urgent hospitalization of the patient, there is a risk of blood poisoning.
Asthma: which doctor treats, symptoms, causes, treatment
2. Bacterial prostatitis in chronic form
As a result of prolonged hypothermia, violations of the urination regimen, and sexual abstinence during the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms in the gland, the inflammatory process begins.
In addition to the general signs of prostatitis, patients note painful sensations localized in the scrotum, in the perineum, in the lower abdomen. Often there is a violation of potency.
3. Non-bacterial chronic prostatitis
Of all the types of this disease, this is the most common. Its appearance is facilitated by the penetration of viruses and urine into the gland. In some cases, this form of the disease has an autoimmune nature.
Patients complain of periodically appearing pain in the groin, constant pain in the pelvic area.
5. Chronic asymptomatic prostatitis
It is believed that this form of the disease is a male age-related feature of the body. A distinctive feature is the absence of the main manifestations of the disease, the only sign of trouble is the presence in the urine of a significant number of bacteria and white blood cells.
The exact picture of this form of the disease can be identified only by biopsy, or during surgery in the treatment of other similar diseases.
Prostate Adenoma: Unlike Prostatitis
Confused with prostatitis is benign prostatic hyperplasia, known today as the "prostate adenoma." This is the name of the neoplasm formed in the glandular tissue. It begins with the appearance of a small nodule that grows over time. As a result, iron increases in size, preventing the normal outflow of urine.
Unlike prostatitis, the causes of this disease are not fully understood. Only an age-related relationship was noted with accuracy: the risk of adenoma significantly increases in older men.
In case of suspected inflammation in the prostate gland, the following diagnostic methods are used.
- To determine the condition of the gland, a digital examination is performed through the anus.
- An ultrasound of the prostate is prescribed to assess the condition of the gland.
- To study the features of urination, uroflowmetry is performed.
Crohn's disease: which doctor to contact, symptoms, treatment
- Having established the diagnosis and identifying the degree of development of the disease, the urologist can appoint the patient to consult other specialists: immunologist, physiotherapist, nutritionist.
- The urologist tells about the features of the course of various forms of the disease, the diagnosis and prevention of prostate inflammation in this video:
Victory over prostatitis: how to cure ailment
After the diagnosis and diagnosis, the urologist prescribes complex therapy.
- If the bacterial nature of the disease is detected, antibiotics are prescribed. A specific drug is selected by the urologist depending on the type of pathogen that caused the inflammation.
- To normalize hormonal balance, hormone therapy is prescribed.
- When the period of exacerbation has passed, prostate massage is performed.
- To increase the effectiveness of treatment, physiotherapy is recommended.
- In case of complications of the disease, surgical intervention is sometimes used.
Alternative methods in the fight against inflammation of the prostate
As a secondary therapy, urologists allow the use of alternative methods of treating the disease.
- 1. Herbal preparations, which include: tansy, chamomile flowers, bearberry, sweet clover, St. John's wort, lingonberry, yarrow, sage.
- 2. Ivan-tea, or fireweed, has proven to be an effective folk remedy in the treatment of prostatitis. To make healing tea, a teaspoon of the herb must be filled with 200 ml of hot water, insisted in a thermos for at least 10 hours. The drug is used in 100 ml twice a day.
- 3. Mumiye - a substance of natural origin, which includes components of mineral and organic origin. The tool can be purchased in the pharmacy network in the form of capsules, candles, tablets.
- 4. The use of ginger will help restore normal blood flow, normalize the production of the male hormone testosterone, and relieve intoxication. The root of this plant can be consumed raw and dried.
- 5. In the treatment of prostatitis, you can use hot baths. The effect is based on the fact that during their intake the muscles relax, the blood supply to the inflamed gland improves.
Folk remedies are used in the treatment of prostatitis as auxiliary. Their substitution of the main drug therapy is unacceptable.
Prostatitis is not a sentence that puts an end to men's health. Timely access to a doctor, proper diagnosis and complex therapy in combination with lifestyle adjustment will help to cope with the disease and lead a full life.